It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eastern Candadians are Ingrates!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I just need to give my opinion on this subject. These people are the biggest bunch of ingrates I have ever laid my eyes on. Most of them think so little of the usa that it is sickening. They seem to not understand that they never have to worry about a thing because they are on our northern border, so we have no choice but to protect them. What do they have a 1000 man military, ok that is a little exaggerated, but it isn't many.
Therefore they souly rely on the usa to protect them, Yet they bad mouth our country, our president, and our living styles. On the other hand, in western Canada, they are the exact opposite, They love the US and are greatful that they are on our border, I know this Because I have been on both sides of the country, I am married to a canadian from alberta, and she has family in ontario, so I have been through the whole country. And I can say from being there that if you go to western CA they are the nicest people you'd ever meet, but in eastern CA, Most are about as rude as you would want to meet.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I live in the Good Ol' US of A and I enjoy badmouthin' it occasionally. (lets face it a lot of stupid crap goes on)

Free Speech FTW!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s

Therefore they souly rely on the usa to protect them, Yet they bad mouth our country, our president, and our living styles.

Protect them from who exactly? Who wants to attack Canada? The Russians? The Chinese? Also why is ok for Americans to bash Canada all the time, and every other country in the world. Whiney hypocrite. Do you whine and complain about that too? I doubt it.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Wask]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
#1 - Alberta is an anomoly, and does not make up the West by itself. You would have been better off saying all Canadians are ingrates, except for those in Alberta.

#2 - The only people that would attack us is the US. Not much point in trying to build an army to beat yours, we just don't have the money or manpower.

#3 - If another country were to attack us, they would be doing it to get to the US. You would defend us because it is in your best interest to do so, not out of neighbourly love.

#4 - The East does not consist of Ontario and Ontario only (no matter how much they like to think it does
). People from the true east of Canada (Maritimers) are the friendliest in the country. You want snobby, come to Vancouver. I know, I live here.

Enjoy your hate!!!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I live in Calgary and know plenty of people that “bad mouth” your country.
You don’t think Albertans are pissed at the US?
Ever hear of BSE/Mad Cow?

Albertans don’t bad mouth your president? I know a few places around town that have Bush=Hitler spray-painted on the walls.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask

Therefore they souly rely on the usa to protect them, Yet they bad mouth our country, our president, and our living styles.

Protect them from who exactly? Who wants to attack Canada? The Russians? The Chinese? Also why is ok for Americans to bash Canada all the time, and every other country in the world. Whiney hypocrite. Do you whine and complain about that too? I doubt it.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Wask]

for one I don't badmouth canada and I have been to every province there but the nw territories, and of course no one wants to attack them they border th usa, and we don't have to protect every country in the world. every country in the world isnt on our northern border. I am married to a canadian, and her dad and family feel the same way i do about eastern canada. I just feel we are the only reason you don't have trouble with wars and suce, because we protect you. like I said that's why you have no military.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I didn't say all canadians either. but I think for all we do for you, you'd show us some respect down here. do you know what would happen if the USA ever boycotted canada? you wouldn't even be a country anymore basically

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If we're going to get picky about thanking each other, I'd like to remind you that Canada took in all of your planes on 9/11, and that thousands of Americans took advantage of the hospitality of Canadians that invited them to stay in their homes, which was promptly ignored in a speech by your President who went out of his way to thank almost every other country on the planet.

Do you know what would happen if you boycotted Canada? You'd be shutting the door on your #1 importer of oil and we'd sell it to China. What is with this 'you owe us' mentality?

PS. The reason we don't need a big military is that we don't run around pissing people off, besides the US.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
they should boycott electricity from eastern canada too, New york wouldnt be that flashy tho, how sad. Then i should thx american for poluting the great lakes and St lawrence river. I say thank you usa for nothing except bad stuff, do you feel better now L0rdo i just say thank you.

oh and american is protecting canada ,lol thats a nice one, if you werent so ignorant you d know by now that we r still under the commonwealth best of both world, not my problem if your jaleous

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What do they have a 1000 man military, ok that is a little exaggerated, but it isn't many.

Go ahead. Try and invade Canada. We'll hand your asses back to you on a plate, like we did the last time.

On the other hand, in western Canada, they are the exact opposite, They love the US and are greatful that they are on our border, I know this Because I have been on both sides of the country, I am married to a canadian from alberta, and she has family in ontario, so I have been through the whole country. And I can say from being there that if you go to western CA they are the nicest people you'd ever meet, but in eastern CA, Most are about as rude as you would want to meet.

Typical American.

You do know that Canada's east coast doesn't end at Ontario? Don't you? Have you ever been to the Maritimes? We, 3 provinces of Conservative governments, and significant trade partner to New England, hate America?

Besides, Alberta is chock full of Maritimers. But, I bet you knew that already.

BTW, Ontarians disgust me too.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by DeadEagle]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Oh.

And I almost forgot.

The U.S. economy would fall apart if it boycotted Canadian products.

And, there are more Candians, per capita, serving in the military than in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
#4 - The East does not consist of Ontario and Ontario only (no matter how much they like to think it does
).

Hey!

That's okay, I'm used to the whine. But I think people would do well to remember that Ontario does not consist of Toronto and Toronto only (no matter how much they like to think it does
).

(shameless rip-off of quote... and I'm hoping to see a Torontonian continue this bashing until it winds up at Joe Eskimo of 3246 Young Street!)

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadEagle
Oh.

And I almost forgot.

The U.S. economy would fall apart if it boycotted Canadian products.

And, there are more Candians, per capita, serving in the military than in the U.S.

What products do you speak of? I belive almost every damn thing you have in canada comes from the USA. you have our stores, our restaraunts, our vehicles, I want to know what you give us. You can't even say tim hortons, wendy, an american company, owns them now too. You say oil? Alaska has quite a bit of oil, oh and btw I run powertongs for oil rigs, and I will tell you there is plenty of oil here as well. You give us nothing but your disrespect and hatred. You think because you disagree with the gov't right now that all americans think the same way.

And OMFG, if you honestly believe your little military could beat the usa in a war, you are sadly mistaken my friend, and I am sure most canadians would agree with that.
Oh BTW I want to know when canada has every whooped our as*es before, Like you say. You are completly ignorant if you believe that you would win a war against us and you know it.

I don't hate canadians, as I said I am married to one, I just believe that you guys hate us, and incase you didn't see as I have put twice before I have been to damn near every province in canada,all but the nw territories, and I was treated rudley in all places but the west.

I went into a store on the east, to buy a pack of cigarettes, and they asked for id, seen I was american and started telling me how stupid I was, I showed her how we can be as*holes when treated rudely and I threw the pack of cigarettes at her and left. I also had to hear it about our gov't many times from random people that seen my liscence plates. That is eastern canada for you, Yet I bet those of you that have been to the USA never get treated that way do you.
So don't tell me how polite your citizens are in the west they are, not in the east.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
[ But I think people would do well to remember that Ontario does not consist of Toronto and Toronto only (no matter how much they like to think it does
).

Touche.

I want to know what you give us.

Oil, comedians, water and a convenient whipping boy for you to complain about. We also give you someone to blame for the 911 terrorists, even though none of them came from Canada.

I run powertongs for oil rigs, and I will tell you there is plenty of oil here as well.

Yes, and the plan is to use everyone else's first. And I gotta say, that's a fairly smart plan.

I don't hate canadians, as I said I am married to one, I just believe that you guys hate us,

Does your wife hate you? After all, she is Canadian. If not, then your statement is incorrect.

When you talk about the east, what provinces? Are you honestly trying to tell me Newfies are rude?

You'll really have to more specific.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
no they aren't rude. Nicest people you could meet, but not to americans. Look maybe I just had bad expieriences where I went. I think you are a good guy duzey. I have read through some of the posts in the candian politics, and I seem to like the way you think beeter than most. Haha. I didn't say all canadians hate americans, but alot of you guys do.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
But I think people would do well to remember that Ontario does not consist of Toronto and Toronto only (no matter how much they like to think it does
).

Thank you for saying what I'm sure every person in Ontario- outside of Toronto feels haha

And OMFG, if you honestly believe your little military could beat the usa in a war, you are sadly mistaken my friend, and I am sure most canadians would agree with that.

I really don't believe many Canadians would agree with that, actually. Unless you are implying this was strictly a war between The U.S and Canada, with no outside defense from ally countries (because that would never happen.) The Canadian military alone could never compete with America, this is without a doubt. On the other hand, has the U.S ever won a war solo either? I really don't think so.
America isn't doing too well due to this "war on terrorism". Now, take into account where America's greatest military aid is coming from in Iraq. Is it not England?

If this support were to be lost, the U.S wouldn't be able to hold ground for very long with out troops and/or relief-aids from other countries, and you could rest assured that such things would be few and far between.

THAT IS, if by then America hasn't claimed total world domination through missle defense from space.

Originally posted by DeadEagle
BTW, Ontarians disgust me too.

Hey.

This type of ignorant ethnocentrism is what feeds wars.
Have you personally met with all 12 million of us long enough for such disgust and blunt resentment against this entire population to even form?
No. I'm sure you've met a alot of jerks. How could that solidify your opinion of each and every other? That my friend is not unlike racism.
We all have a needy family member. Ours is the Quebec government. You'd be cranky too if you had to put up with Ontario and Quebec language laws(I believe that has alot to do with it)

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think you are a good guy duzey. I have read through some of the posts in the candian politics, and I seem to like the way you think beeter than most.

I am not a good guy. I am a spectacular female.

And why do I have Americans telling me that for a Canadian, I'm not bad? You're not the first.
Stop saying that or they will take away my citizenship.

Honestly, there are rude people everywhere. I have been treated badly in the US, particularily after Canada declined to participate in Iraq. That doesn't mean that all Americans are rude and I hold it against the whole country.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What products do you speak of? I belive almost every damn thing you have in canada comes from the USA. you have our stores, our restaraunts, our vehicles, I want to know what you give us. You can't even say tim hortons, wendy, an american company, owns them now too. You say oil? Alaska has quite a bit of oil, oh and btw I run powertongs for oil rigs, and I will tell you there is plenty of oil here as well. You give us nothing but your disrespect and hatred. You think because you disagree with the gov't right now that all americans think the same way.

You know that toilet paper you wipe your arse with? Yeah, probably came from a Canadian tree. So pulp and timber. Not to mention oil, natural gas and electricity. Natural minerals like gold, nickel, lead and uranium are mined in plenty and sold to the U.S. Then there's agriculture, telecommunications equipment, machinery and plastics.

And I tend to side with more conservative politics than liberal, but I am centrist on certain issues.

Oh BTW I want to know when canada has every whooped our as*es before, Like you say. You are completly ignorant if you believe that you would win a war against us and you know it.

War of 1812. Close as it gets. We didn't gain any land out of it, but we also didn't lose any to the overwhelming numbers of the American army.

I went into a store on the east, to buy a pack of cigarettes, and they asked for id, seen I was american and started telling me how stupid I was, I showed her how we can be as*holes when treated rudely and I threw the pack of cigarettes at her and left. I also had to hear it about our gov't many times from random people that seen my liscence plates. That is eastern canada for you, Yet I bet those of you that have been to the USA never get treated that way do you.
So don't tell me how polite your citizens are in the west they are, not in the east.

Tell me, in detail where this happened, anddon't just say "the East". A name.

I'm curious.

Originally posted by ju stab urden

Hey.

This type of ignorant ethnocentrism is what feeds wars.
Have you personally met with all 12 million of us long enough for such disgust and blunt resentment against this entire population to even form?
No. I'm sure you've met a alot of jerks. How could that solidify your opinion of each and every other? That my friend is not unlike racism.

I've met enough, and seen enough of Ontarians to form that opinion. Its mostly Southern Ontario that annoys me. I won't ever be back there.

Originally posted by ju stab urden
We all have a needy family member. Ours is the Quebec government. You'd be cranky too if you had to put up with Ontario and Quebec language laws(I believe that has alot to do with it)

Maybe you missed where I was from?

That's right, New Brunswick. Canada's only officially bilingual province. I know about language law problems. Moreso than most.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
it was a liquer store where i threw the cigs at the person it was in quebec

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Good lord, man! Why didn't you say so in the first place? :shk:

They aren't Eastern Canadians, they're the Quebecois. Now it starts to makes sense.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Duzey]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join