It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians Knew The Atlantians??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i was watching a show last night named "LOST WORLDS". And it was great btw. but anyway...on this show it said that Atlantis COULD have actually existed bucause other cultures around that time period spoke of an advanced culture that sounded like Atlantis.. 'the egyptians called the place kuftu ( dont know correct spelling). and the people they referred to kuftu as, was the minoans. if anybody knows any more info on this new discovery ( at least i think its new) please let me know more. very interested in this..

all caps removed from title

[edit on 7-18-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw that too. Seemed a little overstated to me.

There's a thread in this section that has some info on Keftiu, use the search function with that spelling.

Crete and Thera don't match very well with Plato's description of Atlantis is the problem. I thought the History Channel was a little blase when they tried to make the claim that Solon had actually heard the Atlantis story from the Egyptians, just as Plato claimed. I mean, there's no evidence of it. And what Plato claimed for the Atlanteans, that they fought with, and were defeated by, the Athenians, well, that just ain't so for Keftiu.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well from what I have read at one time Atlantis was trading with many other civilizations including Egypt. What caused the the Atlanteans to go to war with the greeks I dont know.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So anyone have additional information about Solon and his account with the Egyptian priest? I've read the account but can not find anything else.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoTemplar

The only source for information on Atlantis is from Plato's Critias.

This is a link to the Gutenberg Project of books

That is the best source. Anything other than that is just opinion of made up information.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I remember when watching Cameron's Atlantis episodes he mentioned an Egyptian map that was in a museum in England that supposedly shows what they thought the location was. Did you ever see that?

edit on 4-12-2022 by ColoradoTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I had saw that map brought up before, and well it could be a map of ancient Thera. As I said though, the only good source for Atlantis is from Plato's Critias.

I have done a lot of digging into this story of Atlantis (As seen in this thread), and no matter where I dug all I could find as actual evidence of the story goes back to Plato.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Egyptians Knew The Atlantians??

I dont know why they wouldn't. I suspect Egypt was actually a Allotment of Atlantis..

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yes, stories about the Minoans may have been one of the inspirations behind Plato's fictional Atlantis. Though we'll never really know for sure.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I had saw that map brought up before, and well it could be a map of ancient Thera. As I said though, the only good source for Atlantis is from Plato's Critias.

I have done a lot of digging into this story of Atlantis (As seen in this thread), and no matter where I dug all I could find as actual evidence of the story goes back to Plato.

As far as physical evidence you may want to review this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a very compelling case that Plato was relying a very real place. If you take into consideration all the languages and passage of time (7500-12000) then it would be logical to assume some errors or deviations from his original testimony.

And if one could imaging the area during the African Humid Period, one might see this location is an exact fit. Water falls, Mountains to the north covered in trees, marshes meadows, inland sea, and mighty rivers.

It is called the African Humid period, when in fact, it could have been far far wetter.

There are a great number of unaccounted ruins in the area and some date to 5500bc. Which interestingly is also the end of the AHP.

I'm guessing some people are frightened of the prospect, that Plato didn't make anything up.. To be honest, there are some frightening ramifications..

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

maybe read your own thread there and see that I addressed many of the issues that you stated.

If you really wanted to talk about Atlantis, then you should study history and use real facts in creating your ideas. making an assumption on an idea that has been reputedly debunked without providing anything new to support your argument isn't the best idea you've had. You're better than that.

The only source of information about Atlantis from a historical view is in fact Plato's Critias. It's the oldest known reference, and the only known source for the original story.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

maybe read your own thread there and see that I addressed many of the issues that you stated.

If you really wanted to talk about Atlantis, then you should study history and use real facts in creating your ideas. making an assumption on an idea that has been reputedly debunked without providing anything new to support your argument isn't the best idea you've had. You're better than that.

The only source of information about Atlantis from a historical view is in fact Plato's Critias. It's the oldest known reference, and the only known source for the original story.

Maybe, but their may be other stories that are also telling parts of the story using other names.

Sooner or later common sense is going to filter into the subject..

That thread is not a history lesson, it is a review of the physical discoveries made in the area. The "chips" fell, where they are.

Real facts? In who's opinion? The ancient gods, demi gods, secret societies? You? Facts are based in observations. And it is a Fact that their are a great many ruins "In" and in the surrounding area of the Richat Structure, that are not accounted for in any "History Books". For that matter, their is a very visible ruin just outside the Richat.

So what part of the non existent history book would you like me to study?

There are no assumptions, the ruins are there!

new topics

top topics

join