Egyptians Knew The Atlantians??

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i was watching a show last night named "LOST WORLDS". And it was great btw. but anyway...on this show it said that Atlantis COULD have actually existed bucause other cultures around that time period spoke of an advanced culture that sounded like Atlantis.. 'the egyptians called the place kuftu ( dont know correct spelling). and the people they referred to kuftu as, was the minoans. if anybody knows any more info on this new discovery ( at least i think its new) please let me know more. very interested in this..

all caps removed from title

[edit on 7-18-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw that too. Seemed a little overstated to me.

There's a thread in this section that has some info on Keftiu, use the search function with that spelling.

Crete and Thera don't match very well with Plato's description of Atlantis is the problem. I thought the History Channel was a little blase when they tried to make the claim that Solon had actually heard the Atlantis story from the Egyptians, just as Plato claimed. I mean, there's no evidence of it. And what Plato claimed for the Atlanteans, that they fought with, and were defeated by, the Athenians, well, that just ain't so for Keftiu.

Harte

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well from what I have read at one time Atlantis was trading with many other civilizations including Egypt. What caused the the Atlanteans to go to war with the greeks I dont know.

new topics

join