It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did HMS Gloucester appear from?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The notice was given to the media two days before it arrived

Yeah, well which Media outlet reported on it then? I certainly haven't heard a single report about it until early this afternoon, and I've been watching this thing non-stop, like some kind of Addict. Which outlet did you see this on? Could you provide a link?

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The notice was given to the media two days before it arrived, that would allow it sail over a thousand miles at full speed.
It was in Gibraltar.

Thank heavens someone was paying attention Nerdling. Like I said, carriers are obviously just so much more sexy...

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Thank heavens someone was paying attention Nerdling. Like I said, carriers are obviously just so much more sexy...

Would you have me beleive the Media didn't report on the other 4 ships, because they were not 'Sexy' enough? Besides, 6 Ships could be considered 'so much more sexy...' than 2. I suspect Nerdlings statement as being incorrect, but I am not entirely certain about that. Nerdling, what is your sourcing for these claims?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger

Originally posted by timeless test

Would you have me beleive the Media didn't report on the other 4 ships, because they were not 'Sexy' enough? Besides, 6 Ships could be considered 'so much more sexy...' than 2. I suspect Nerdlings statement as being incorrect, but I am not entirely certain about that. Nerdling, what is your sourcing for these claims?

Yup, sounds like par for the course for the British media to me. The only way the others would have been reported was if they were packed full of nubile young "WRENS"

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
'Operation Highbrow'

what a strange name for an op.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It was reported on SkyNews and BBC News 24 on Sunday.

Also, the ministry of defence made a public statement that each vessel would be readied for departure.

You don't get to stamp your feet just because you missed the news.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It was reported on SkyNews and BBC News 24 on Sunday.

Also, the ministry of defence made a public statement that each vessel would be readied for departure.

You don't get to stamp your feet just because you missed the news.

You are lying, because I watched the News all day Sunday, and most of the night. They made no mention whatsoever of any ships other than Illustrious and Bulwark on either BBC News 24 or SKY News 24.

BBC News

The government is not revealing many details for security reasons, but it has confirmed that two warships - HMS York and HMS Gloucester - are in the area, and three more - HMS Illustrious, HMS Bulwark and HMS St Albans - plus RFA support vessel Fort Victoria are on their way.

That was from today. There are several reports from Monday that do mention York and Gloucester from smaller outlets (I admit I wouldn't have made this thread if I had found them), but I am certain they made no mention of them on either BBC News 24, or SKY News 24, on Sunday. No major outlet reported this untill late Monday, when they had already arrived.

To give you an example of what I'm talking about, here is a Times Online article from Yesterday:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

WHEN the Royal Navy warships arrive off Lebanon on Wednesday, they will be ready to mount the biggest evacuation of British citizens since the Second World War.

Although the Government has not yet decided to issue a “national evacuation order”, HMS Illustrious, the aircraft carrier, and HMS Bulwark, a new commando assault ship, have been sent to the Lebanese coast. They will use their helicopters and landing craft to take thousands of trapped British citizens off the beaches in Beirut if the order to evacuate is given.

Royal Marine commandos on board HMS Illustrious and HMS Bulwark are preparing to establish a landing zone.

No mention of York or Gloucester. There are a great many others like that, too. BBC News didn't even have an article up about it until lunchtime today.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You dont expect the Navy to constantly broadcast the exact locations of its ships do you? Thatd lead to disaster

Also, the BBC does say the Gloucester "Can carry 500-750 evacuees in addition to its crew" , but they were probably estimating that on the size of the ship, the reason it took so few, i imagine, is to ensure they have food, water and a bed.

You dont want to be sitting on the deck of a ship for over 12 hours, with hardly any space to move, do you?

<< 1   >>

join