It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Obviously no one cares enough to fix this.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm getting a fill page ad every time I try and read the site. It started this morning and keeps popping up over and over.

posted on Jul, 30 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

For what it's worth,apart from a small pop-up at the bottom of the live page with a few of the things I've been looking at on eBay,I am completely ad free on this and other sites that other people are having problems with.
I have nothing special at this end,just a normal PC running Windows 7,no updates,Avira free anti virus and Chrome browser and that's it.I'm sure my browsing habits can't be all that different from that of other people on here,so why don't I get the same problems lots of other people are getting?
My uneducated guess that as some people get it and some don't,it can't be on the server that ATS is stored on,but must be carried locally on users PCs.

XL5

posted on Jul, 31 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Different people get different ADs, it depends on location, cookies and analytics. Some "targeted" ADs are huge and some are small, while others hide nasties that come out when you view them.

That said, this is the garbage bin where complaints get posted to get overlooked. Mainly because the high paying AD bundles that ATS uses can be a real bugger. So it is memebership fees or annoying ADs sadly.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
OK what the heck is going on? I have no ad blocker or anything of that sort running and haven't for a long time. Never had any ads on ATS. Now suddenly I'm inundated with not just ads but pop up ads all over the place. I also cannot use my cursor on the left side of the screen, hence why I cannot flag any threads.

Everything on ATS just went wonky for me a few minutes ago. There's a second scroll bar on my right that was never there before and now I can barely read a thread as it's just full of junk all over the place. Is this just a me problem?

ETA: Totally unreadable. Cannot scroll through a page as it's so full of pop ups and ads that it just won't work.
edit on 8/14/2018 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Is this just a me problem?

Nope. I've got that too. Frickin annoying.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Alright, cool. I was wondering if maybe I had gotten infected.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
New ads get rolled out today? Ack! It's almost like they are trying to kill every platform we use.

Play on... I will not be stopped

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I hear you. It make me want to turn adblock on, I won't, but it's getting a little out of hand IMO.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Having the same problems here. Laptop and phone.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lots of ads as of today.

Usually only have that issue if I am logged out or on the search results or home page.

As of today, they're all over the place in every thread.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Its so bad on PC and phone that its basically inoperable, if they arent going to let us have full functionality if we have our adblock on, then they need to really figure out a way to get the ads sorted in a way that it doesnt cause issues
edit on 14-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ads every bloody where!

Never have this problem....one of ATS's many good points.

They annoy me and spoil my ability to concentrate and read.

If it continues then I think that after 11 or so years I'll be saying goodbye the ATS - simply not acceptable!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
SKEPTIC OVERLORD...you got a huge problem. YOu need to restrict Googleadservices,adchoices,and adsense from member areas after we log in. ATS is going to lose tons of users if this isnt fixed I bet.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm seeing ads in the middle of threads and popup ads on the left-hand side that covers some of the user information, among other things. Every page of each thread is overloaded with ads.

It looks as if there's no distinction between member and non-member views. I remember as a non-member these ads were everywhere when I browsed... now they're on my view as a member.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
I'm seeing ads in the middle of threads and popup ads on the left-hand side that covers some of the user information, among other things. Every page of each thread is overloaded with ads.

It looks as if there's no distinction between member and non-member views. I remember as a non-member these ads were everywhere when I browsed... now they're on my view as a member.

^^This.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: intrepid

Alright, cool. I was wondering if maybe I had gotten infected.

No, not just you. There's another thread on this issue here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Me neither Martin but it is spamming my PC. WE shall not be "something something" can't remember the lyrics.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Hey Kit Cat, thank you for confirming it is every where.
It slows down any kind of response.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
help please someone.
rather than starting a whole thread about it maybe someone can help me.
for some reason i cant log on to ATS on my phone. above in the address part it has the ATS www.address thing but in front of it is an explanation mark, then when i try to log in it comes up with a white box that says "www.abovetopsecret.com says... there was a serious error, refresh and try again."..... Ive done that, i have also restarted my phone, closed the page, and cleared all of my pages open.
i mostly look at ATS on my phone so this is really annoying. im on a sumsung phone if that helps anyone trying to help me.
any ideas anyone?

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join