It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I couldn't get the URL to come up, but I had an Ad saying I was the 999,999th visitor come up on My ATS, and it's come up at least twice. Can we at least tell them we've gone past our 2,500,000th post?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
One the ad's keeps giving me seizures

Also the 99,9999 visitor is annoying and pure BS...

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Galiega]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
plz remove this horny ad
reduced color bit for faster data upload

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Link to Ad

It is the constant flashing of this Ad that has my head spinning. I'm not one to ever complain of the advertisements on this site, but the constant flashing of this one has forced me to speak up.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Has anyone had this ad come up??? It's a banner ad on the top and I think it's a flash ad because it talks and won't shut up...EXTREMELY LOUD.

edit for picture

[edit on 1/12/07 by aava]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wasn't able to get a snapshot of the ad...because I had to close my browser windows as soon as possible. But, today one page had an ad with sound that said something to the effect of "I'm hot and sexy..." and it went on an on. Unfortunately, I was browsing at work and my volume was up kind of loud so it blared all through my office.

Ads with sound need to go or those of us at work who need to have sound enabled for other reasons can't browse at work anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The flashing Winner, Winner, you have won a free* laptop, must go. Flashing advertizements have been known to set off epileptic seizures. The ad is also False as you have not won a laptop at all. Since this is a clearly deceptive ad, it does not belong on a web site that seeks to Deny Ignorance. Deception is far from what ATS should be about.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Terapin]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik
LOL, I did the same thing, except I did not realize it was speakers until after I had killed the power (not knowing what was happening, I do mean flip the power supply switch in this case - NOT good on HDD's).

In my case, however, I thoroughly went over my PC, first all the connections in the case, then booting to BIOS, and then to Safe Mode. Only when I came back to ATS did I realize the correlation.

NN

[edit on 18-7-2006 by NoNik]

LOL

ROFL LMAO etc

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No, seriously, those flashing adds have got to go. My eyes hurt. My brain hurts. My inteligence hurts every time I am told I have won something when it is just a scam. ATS supporting Scam advertizing is like the Pope advertizing pedophilia for priests. It is just wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aava
Has anyone had this ad come up??? It's a banner ad on the top and I think it's a flash ad because it talks and won't shut up...EXTREMELY LOUD.

Yes, I just got it, and it scared the heck out of me.

It was a flash ad, loading from www.officialtvoffers.com

Clicking on the banner brought me to getbigguns.com

Edit - oops on tags.

[edit on 1/14/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
"Vongo - Video on the go"

... has got to go

(viewed on top right hand advert space on todays posts page)

I just dont like farting noises made by some goof's mouth on my pc screen.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok, the one that gets me EVERY time is the gd "wanna see something scary" epileptic fit inducing one. As I type this I am tring to find it (ironic concidering I typically avoid it like heck.

content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net...

consumerpromotioncenter.com...

I admit I don't even wanna know where it leads... ok just a bit...?
N/M that IS pretty scary...

Evil, pure unadulterated evil.

[edit on 1/21/2007 by Anesthesia]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So, this thread seems to imply that Skeptic Overlord is monitoring the situation and will remove adds that members deem disruptive... But Wait.... Numerous members and even SuperModerators have deemed the seizure inducing flashing advertisements as horrendous yet nothing is being done about it. I even sent a U2U to the creator of this thread asking specifically as to whether or not there is any intent to actually do anything about adverts that people complain about, and I never got any response.

My questions are: Does Skeptic overlord actually have a hit list, or is this a made up topic designed to pacify members with a false sense that anyone cares? Given that numerous people in this thread have complained about these flashing adverts, and have even gone so far as to open up other threads specifically complaining about them, Why is nothing being done about it?

ATS is all about Deny Ignorance, but it seems that with this case they actually promote it. A thread about negative advertisements seems to be offering false hope. Is ignorance bliss or is there a conspiracy to make members submit to harassing adverts? This add in particular is bad because it offers a free computer but in all reality there is no free computer. It is clearly false advertising. By keeping this add up ATS is promoting lies which is the opposite of denying ignorance.

Yeah, I know this is a rant, but since so many people have talked about the flashers, and since my U2U went unanswered I figured I'd bump this thread up again and see if anyone notices.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Battling Seizure Robots

Originally posted by Terapin
Yeah, I know this is a rant, but since so many people have talked about the flashers, and since my U2U went unanswered I figured I'd bump this thread up again and see if anyone notices.

I recall receiving your U2U and apologize for not responding.

The goal of this thread is indeed to give us a centralized location for reporting nuisance ads. I've seen quite a few get removed after being posted here.

However, what ads are kept and what are removed is up to the Overlord to decide, and I can't speak on his behalf regarding why some ads are removed and why some aren't.

I'm pretty sure he keeps an eye on this thread, because nasty ads posted here do disappear now and then.

As for why those obnoxious seizure-inducing flashing "WINNER!" ads are still popping up, I can only guess.

Hey, you never know: maybe they contain subliminal messages forbidding him from removing them.

[edit on 2/4/2007 by Majic]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Please please get rid of this flash ad before I have a seizure.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Jenna]

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Jenna]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I think this is the one:

With the music?

Please make it stop.

Please?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If you don't like the banner ads block the damn things. Here is a site to kill them. It's pretty simple. You just save the no-ads.pac file anywhere. I'm not sure about I.E. as I seldom use it but firefox you go to Tools>Options>Advanced>network>Connection settings and enter the path to the file in the bar under "automatic proxy config URL" in example my path is file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/sadams/My%20Documents/no-ads.pac. Tick the bubble and hit o.k. The only time I ever have to set it back to "direct connection to the internet" is at downloads.com and a few other places but it is worth it!!!!!

I have been doing this for months and where those annoying banners used to be, it just says "The proxy server is refusing connections"

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm disappointed to see that the flashing "you've won a laptop" banner has yet to be terminated. Also, it now appears that they are selling "alien i-beam fragments" from the Roswell crash, as I have been seeing in a few ads lately on here. The sad part is that many people on here would probably actually purchase one of these.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
I'm disappointed to see that the flashing "you've won a laptop" banner has yet to be terminated. Also, it now appears that they are selling "alien i-beam fragments" from the Roswell crash, as I have been seeing in a few ads lately on here. The sad part is that many people on here would probably actually purchase one of these.

Like I said I don't see what the problem with banners are if they never load

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by aava

edit for picture

[edit on 1/12/07 by aava]

Yes I hate that ad, I havent seen it in a while but that one realy grated my cheese!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join