It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

I get annoyed when I have multiple page up engrossed in reading or watching a video and an advertising comes on and I have to click on all the pages to find which one it's on.uggh I don't like any of the ads but the quiet ones I can deal with.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
When I click to select a specific ATS forum from the menu sometimes I get redirected to another webpage , e.g. ...

This is an intermittent phenomenon.
edit on 21-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
These banners that run across the page, on top of everything else, and update their position as you scroll are so annoying. Terrible on any device that doesnt have options for aggressive ad blocking.

and that is what ATS has become; a site so heavy with banners that you pretty much need an ad blocker to block ALL ads just to enjoy the site.

ATS should consider scaling back a bit so that people arent so fast to block ALL ads just because of a couple extra annoying ones.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Is anyone else getting the "fake" Flash Player redirect?? It is coming from ATS and trying to load malware through a misdirect..Thankfully my AV stops it but for those who don't keep current with such things beware...
this is the item (From my AV) Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
officialinternetupgrader.info... cd6-ab721eb9bc31&rand=5473fdea085cf&source=mbs-f40&auto=y

The above came from ATS

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hope you are well my friend? Hey listen, when I click on certain threads or links, it all of a sudden takes me off of ATS and on to an ads page. I even clicked your name to send you a private message, and it took me to another ad website. They change every time. Just started within the last hour or so.

Yes I am logged in, and it doesn't happen when logged in on my iPhone, only on the PC. Seems like a bug or virus, but my PC is clean, that I do know. Just wondering if anyone is having the same issue? ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
On another site they do quarterly fund raiser to run the site for the next 90 days. People can give or not give and some people chose to donate every month a certain amount. If they started that here they could run the fund raiser for one week and what is not collected in pledges could be made up in ads. Then ultimately the number of ads would be predicated on the lack of money pledged. That way it would be our faults if there were boocoo ads due to lack of pledges.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I keep seeing a truck ad when I first visit the site that fills the whole screen. It is quite annoying.
I stay logged in on my iPad so I don't know why the ad is blocking the whole screen.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
HEY! Skeptic Overlord. I got a problem. Every time i visit the ATS main page when I go to click log in a advert pops up killing my browser speed and crashing it sometimes. Disinfect your log in button please.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I'm in the process of removing all third party advertising from the log-in page. Expected it to be done sooner, but I got rather busy. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Oh thank you thank you thank you a thousand times thank you! ill have to ask mom to cook you some fruitcake cookies!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hi not sure if I'm in the right place , if I'm not pleas accepty apologies.

I'n regards to advertisement I'm having trouble signing into my ATS account on my iPad . I can type in my user name but when I click on the password box the tribal fusion add stating I can earn up to £450 a day keeps popping up . I can only press back to get into the log in screen and the cycle repeats ?

I have had to use my iphone to post this as the add didn't slow me to log in on the ipad. I have cleared my cache on chrome on the iPad and it keeps happening.

Could someone point me in the right direction please. I would love to earn £450 a day but feel logging in here is more important

edit on 7-3-2015 by Technikal because: Spelling mistake

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have been a member for a few days and have never seen an ad on this site , not one. Am I doing something wrong ? I thought it was strange with this being an open site with no ads on the site and no popups to interfere. I know most sites the ads help pay the bills and I was thinking I was not doing my part .
edit on 18-3-2015 by here4this because: Add additional info

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Nissan Ad follows and haunts me. It is the only ad that does not line up right. I have to keep refreshing my page until I can get another one to show up.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Omg I am not the only one!!!

For me it only takes one refresh but my god is it annoying!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
I thought it was a virus at first. I ran a ton of malware checks. Then I signed in from somewhere else, and there it was

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Same here, did a full scan and what not but sure enough nothing and it was there waiting for me.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm just happy that damned Jeep ad is gone.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
"20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites."

A site that punishes users who use adblockers is a site that sees their users as dollarsigns. I'll boycott any and every company who takes that stance.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think we broke that rant thread - SheopleNation, cheers for helping me gain status on the site. I hope we can put that behind us, no hard feelings man. I was just ventin a little bit an having a bit of fun, I genuinely hope we can agree on other issues other than this, somewhat unimportant one.

Perhaps I got carried away, I apologise.

I have two contributions as far as this thread is concerned.

Not sure if this thread is about tv ads, or internet ones...or perhaps both so I'll submit one for each.

My lmost hated tv ad is the compare the market ads with the little meerkat thing. They were alright at first, the first time I saw it I kind of chuckled a little but it started to annoy me - not the ad as much as the way it affected people.

I got tired of hearing everyone go on about how they or someone they know love the meerkat adverts, like it was a unique personality trait - oooh, our James really likes those meerkat ads! Does he? Fascinating!

Then they just got too mucgh, last I saw that little meerkat had family and all that, they took it too far and ruined something that wasn't that good anyway.

My least favourite online ad is the GoDaddy ad that I see a lot on youtube. I know the first 5 or so seconds of that ad off by heart.

Not that I've a problem with either of the companies advertising in either case , I don't, have no knowledge of what the meerkat thing is actually about, something about comparing markets, the whole thing is apparently based around the fact that meerkat and market sound vaguely similar.

As for GoDaddy, I've used them int he past and was pretty satisfied.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join