It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Am I the only one who feels that way about the HASHBOT thingy?

It's irritating, but… meh.

Until you've experienced the Xcel Energy "video take over" ad, you ain't seen nothing yet

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Ahhhh . Somehow, I think I've missed that one.

May the Good Lord keep it far away from me . . . to paraphrase Tevya.

Thx for your kind reply.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The hashbot ad has to go... 1/2 the screen as a hotspot to go to that webpage common!!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Captain Morgan White Rum. If you accidentally hover over it it takes up 2/3 of you screen and plays an annoying song.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

It's grabbed me a few times, maybe the most annoying yet. I long for the days of lore when there were no ads running along the top, which is where the logo used to be and the words 'Deny Ignorance'. What a difference now ("those were the days, my friend, I thought they'd never end...").

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Right next to the myats button, cleverly annoying!!

Gotta go, though I bet it's a money-maker. . .

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Unfortunate Ads have so much power keeping a website up and funded. Very irritating...all of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That hashbot ad is on both sides of the screen. How much longer do we have to deal with this? I hate it!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
That hashbot ad is on both sides of the screen. How much longer do we have to deal with this? I hate it!

I keep my screen size at 150 percent, and that removes the side ads here and makes everything easier to see and read. One of my in-laws likes words to be very tiny on the screen, and goes the other way.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Gah, makes everything soooo big! LOL I say kill that ad!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm having a Captain Morgan ad that takes over the whole page (blocks out ATS altogether) and plays a video/audio... Anyone else?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No thank God! Oh wow, I don't see the hashbot thingy anymore! Yay woo hoo!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That Captain Morgan ad made me go home and get drunk, not off of that garbage though. Cheers ATS and to all the ads that we have learned to "love" lol - bottoms up...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm being regularly bombarded by the Captain Morgan ad that eclipses my ATS page and will log off for the day in hopes that it will be gone by tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Don't hope too hard......

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'd like to make a complaint about the Captain Morgan ad. Using a new machine with Win 7, instead of Linux Mint, and this thing keeps blasting my browser every time I go to the main page.

I don't mind ads and frequently click on them to help out ATS...but this thing is fricken' annoying!

ETA: It pops-up on MyATS as well.
edit on 7/31/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Captain Morgan covered my screen with his propaganda yesterday while I was.....uploading a picture!!! No place is safe anymore from the Captain. Makes me long for the days of the all-imposing ads from last week.

The culprit is the new idea of having ads on the top of the page (where the slogan 'Deny Ignorance' used to be along with a much larger logo for ATS), and allowing those ads to cover the text even for members. I can't look at the main page anymore, and even that would be hard to find for new members (now you have to click on the tiny ATS logo).

edit on 1-8-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So my new one is this transitions lenses ad!!!!!
TBH its the positioning that gets me, it is on the right side of the screen and I mouse over it when going to scroll down!!
I get that we need the ads to run the site, but do we have to have mouse over ads?! Can we just have ads and if I want to know more then I can click on it and learn more? And this one doesn't even have an 'x' to close the ad. I did figure out you just have to click away from the ad to get it to go away but I feel like that doesn't get rid of it, just hides it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Can we just have ads and if I want to know more then I can click on it and learn more?

It was my impression when I investigated the possibility of ads on my web properties, that these ads were , to a good degree, controllable by me. For instance; if there was / is an ad I don't like for some reason, I can "ban" it (an individual ad), or If I don't like the ad's "subject", I can ban that, and if I don't want the advertiser; I can ban at that level. It seems that Google and the others give the website owner a lot of options when it comes to advertising.

And this one doesn't even have an 'x' to close the ad. I did figure out you just have to click away from the ad to get it to go away but I feel like that doesn't get rid of it, just hides it.

The fastest, easiest way to get any ad off your screen and out of your browser is to refresh the page. This causes all of the content on the page to be "fetched" again. In the case of the ad...it was random to begin with, so...you probably won't see the ad again for a short while...depending...

The most user friendly options here is for ATS to actually monitor these ads (kind of like they do with this forum), and actively remove objectionable ads...not unlike they do with out-of-bounds posts.

Truly serious web designers know that it is all about the experience, and build to that. So you can get an idea of what a site is really about by that experience...at least in theory.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I've only just seen this thread, why is no one using Adblock?
I'm generally going through my massive TV and adverts on that are unbearable.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join