It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Jeep Cherokee -- About 31 MPG highway, 22 MPG city driving. Only $22.995.00 startng list price (okay -- call it $23K if you want to be imprecise.)

Jeep is made by AMC American Motor Company (owned by the French Renault if you didn't know that.) It seems to have a few transmission problems:

www.autoblog.com...

The transmission issue above appears to be a software bug -- not a hardware problem. (Surprised by that.)

I notice they aren't employee the version of our nice ATS Jeep Cherokee ad at their own website. I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OMG, that damn jeep ad is driving me bonkers! At least after reading some of the replies, I know how to avoid it. Ugh, I will never buy a jeep.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hi... Jeep Cherokee ad was/is tough. It pops up every time I open a page, and the "roll over" is, shall we say, inordinately sensitive... i know you gotta pay the rent in this here joint, and I'm all for that, but if I have to slap the X on that ad one more time.... ARRRRGH!

Rant over...

- AB

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Ya that jeep ad is ridiculous, I have had it open on what seemed like 10 times in 2 min when I was opening new taps from MyAts...
Worst ad since I have been here

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I can only view ATS on FireFox with ADBlock, when I try with Internet Explorer without any ad blocking my browser locks up and stops responding.
edit on 23-6-2014 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Jeep. What is wrong with people who would design an ad like that? They know that it will annoy thousands of people, yet they design it, someone else has to approve it, and then they actually put in onto the net. There is something psychologically wrong with everyone in that chain of responsibility, a purposeful meanness and a wanton disregard for their fellow humans.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I wonder if Jeep knows this that this advertisement is doing more harm than good. I for one will NEVER EVER buy a Jeep simply because of that advertisement (and I'm currently looking for a new SUV).

Jeep, and whoever had a part in making this advertisement, I hope you all feel good about wasting your money because all this ad has done is make people pissed off at Jeep and certainly will not help with sales.

# you Jeep!

edit on 6/23/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Jeep ad:
Pops up, I 'X' it off. Pops back up, I 'X' it off. Does this about 4-5 times. Very annoying and disrespectful campaign.

I was considering buying a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, as I've owned one before, but now I will buy a Buick Enclave or Denali. I'm not kidding.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Fylgje because: freakin typo!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This ad has been complained about for nearly a month......is there a point to this thread if there is no response nor action

edit on 23-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
One way to deal with the jeep ad is to spam the marketing division that made the ad with emails titled "morality enhancement pills".

Or keep on complaining about it, but not in this thread. If its all in this thread, it will be ignored. I am thinking the annoying ad's pay alot more then the standard ad... I think they are just waiting for the ad to go out of rotation naturally. If I got the ad, I would try getting the url for the ad and sending it to the blocked websites list in internet options.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
One way to deal with the jeep ad is to spam the marketing division that made the ad with emails titled "morality enhancement pills".

Or keep on complaining about it, but not in this thread. If its all in this thread, it will be ignored. I am thinking the annoying ad's pay alot more then the standard ad... I think they are just waiting for the ad to go out of rotation naturally. If I got the ad, I would try getting the url for the ad and sending it to the blocked websites list in internet options.

No actually the annoying ads don't pay any ore than any other...they all the bleedin same.

There are few ways to deal with these ads...One would be for the membership of ATS to unite, and as one tell Dodge/Jeep to stop or face legal consequences. Rather a lot of work and bother...

Another way would be for ATS management to simply BAN the offensive ads. AdSense, a very major ad network, allows individuals to ban individual ads, or ban the advertiser, or the genera of the ad.

Banning the ad takes a few minutes, and would only impact those ads...and, by the way, would send a far more powerful message to dodge about their advertising than threats of legal action.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Jeep ad:
Pops up, I 'X' it off. Pops back up, I 'X' it off. Does this about 4-5 times. Very annoying and disrespectful campaign.

I was considering buying a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, as I've owned one before, but now I will buy a Buick Enclave or Denali. I'm not kidding.

In the future: try refreshing the page.

Refresh forces the page to reload, and with it; probably a new ad... (jeep will go bye-bye)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm just fed up with the Jeep ad. I have a very difficult time logging on to this site. I sent a U2U to Skeptic Overlord, asking him to listen to us riff raff and please remove the jeep ad, as there have been numerous complaints, and it's quite annoying.

I'm pretty new on here. Do the Mods check their messages, or do they just laugh and hit the delete button? Yeah, I realize they're busy, but you'd think they'd take members of this site into consideration a little more. I just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD
The more I think on it, the more I can't begrudge the site making some money. ATS can't run on the sniff of an oily rag. Lets hope another ad comes along that isn't so annoying.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I agree. The site has to keep its lights on and I don't begrudge them some of the green for creating this space, at all.

Perhaps this complaint thread will help with ad placement parameters - that could be adjusted so that it doesn't get annoying (roll-over sensitivity towards the top, won't pop up automatically when going to a new page, etc.)

One can hope...

- AB

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This stupid THE LAST SHIP AD IS REALLY ANNOYING! It act liek you have th eoption of viewing it BUT i have to close it on every single page i go to. I havent clicked on it once. Its intrusive and has crashed my browser more than one time.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

On mine it shows comic-con, however, like your problem.
It is expanded when the page loads and every page I have to close it out.

It is annoying for sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Okay, the Captain Morgan one has to go. As soon as I see the spinning circle in the middle of the screen I know I'm screwed. Just so far this morning, I've had it 8 times in a span of less than 15 minutes.

(post by jedi_hamster removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I'm normally fairly mild in my response to the ad outrages on ATS.

HOWEVER, THIS HASHBOT THING IS ABSOLUTLY GRRRRRR MATERIAL. The jiggling of it when one scrolls is exasperatingly pathetic.

It's as though the system is doing it's utmost TO BE INFURIATING, ANNOYING, BOTHERSOME, DISTRACTING, OBNOXIOUS, TRASHY. Sigh. GRRRRR

Ad agencies . . . I wonder if they realize that a good chunk of us will NEVER BUY WHATEVER FROM ADS THAT SERIOUSLY ANNOY TO INFURIATE US. What cluelessness.

Sigh.

Am I the only one who feels that way about the HASHBOT thingy?

I very rarely have that strong a reaction . . . though the Jeep one was getting on my nerves, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join