It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
I'm bringin this thread back to life to bring up these HORRIBLE "typre here to hear me speak"

As we continue to say... we cannot remove offending ads without more information:
- screen shot
- ad network (the domain used in the click redirect)
- advertisers

Also...
For all three of our ad networks, we've negated ads with sound.
And...
We are not serving Flash ads (the only ads that could have sound) to logged-in members.
So...
The ad you're complaining about is most likely not from us.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We are not serving Flash ads (the only ads that could have sound) to logged-in members.
So...
The ad you're complaining about is most likely not from us.

SO, I'm logged in, and a Flash ad absolutely came from this site. I apologize, I don't have a screenshot or URL. However, it appears directly at the bottom of the page. The acronym for the company is DIY "Do It Yourself", and the ad is for the Stud-Finder Contest. It's a red flash-ad that pops up annoyingly with a fake "Close" button that doesn't actually close the ad, it just makes it "bubble" a bit.

I have no idea how to get the URL for a flash ad. When I right-click on it, I get the option for Flash Player settings or about Flash Player. I don't have a screen shot cause I'm at work and I can't FTP stuff from here due to port blocking.

Anyway, this ad is annoying and it killed my father... okay, well maybe it didn't kill my father, but it is annoying.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The ad that is annoying me the most is the one that keeps flashing you are the 1,000,000th visitor. I clicked on it to get the url.
It's
www2.marketbrandresearch.com...:64890:

Hope this helps.

Here's a whole thread about it.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

It wouldn't be quite so annoying if it wasn't flashing so much.
I don't see how all of us can be the 1,000,000th visitor either. Kind of sounds like deceptive advertising to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
The ad that is annoying me the most is the one that keeps flashing you are the 1,000,000th visitor. I clicked on it to get the url.
It's
www2.marketbrandresearch.com...:64890:

Hope this helps.

Here's a whole thread about it.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

It wouldn't be quite so annoying if it wasn't flashing so much.
I don't see how all of us can be the 1,000,000th visitor either. Kind of sounds like deceptive advertising to me.

QTF

Getting rid of the mosquito one was great. Getting rid of the above mentioned would be just as good, if not better.

Not only is it annoying to look at (20 times in a row), but for whatever reason, the crappy laptop I sometimes use doesn't function well when that ad is there.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Aargh! I'm under attack from hundreds of pop-ups created by a.tribalfusion.c*m ...

Screen Shot

I beg of the powers that be to save me!

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Same here and for solidshot as well, must be a server issue maybe?

Any and all members please report such pop ups, from what I know they are not accepted forms of advertising on ATS or any of it's forums, since last I knew.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Any and all members please report such pop ups, from what I know they are not accepted forms of advertising on ATS or any of it's forums, since last I knew.

I'm getting one every single time I load a new ATS page.

URL

URL

URL

They gets old real, real quick.

[edit on 26/9/06 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It is not every page for me, only about three total so far, which is a lot in my opinion. Wondering if it may be targeted adverts, but I doubtit, if they are all real arcade or tribal fusion

[edit on 26-9-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I got them for each and every (ATS) page I opened as well, but now they've stopped as quickly and unexpectedly as they started...!?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
now they've stopped as quickly and unexpectedly as they started...

Same here.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So...
When did we get ice cream?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I vote for the big flashing 1,000,000th visitor ad too.

It is rather annoying.... I feel like having an epileptic seizure when I see it.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
So...
When did we get ice cream?

So much for ice cream... Now they're back!? Each page launch 2-3 pop-ups... Sigh...

Edit: block = pop

Edit: Pop-ups during 1 post

[edit on 26-9-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I dont get any pop ads yet,But all flahing ads are very annoying.I think all the ads that flash or make any sounds should be removed.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Each page launch 2-3 pop-ups... Sigh...

There is 1 instance of pop-up code running, with a frequency cap of once every 8 hours, but it's served up only for guests... meaning it doesn't even appear in the HTML if you're logged in.

Are you getting these pops when you're logged in? If so... there may be some type of malware on your system. I constantly run without any type of pop-up blocker, and never get any when logged in, and always confirm the frequency cap when logged out.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There is 1 instance of pop-up code running, with a frequency cap of once every 8 hours, but it's served up only for guests... meaning it doesn't even appear in the HTML if you're logged in.

Are you getting these pops when you're logged in? If so... there may be some type of malware on your system. I constantly run without any type of pop-up blocker, and never get any when logged in, and always confirm the frequency cap when logged out.

I am logged in - and the problem started out of nowhere this morning. As you can see in the screenshots above I am bombarded with the stuff, and it's definitely connected to the banner add. For example if a Luxor banner appears, several Luxor pop-up will accompany it. I've got several anti-spyware programs running. Nothing picked it up, and Windows pop-up isn't blocking it.

The following Java script appears in the HTML and I can also see at the bottom right how the Java forces a pop-up:

Edit: It doesn't allow me to paste Java Script?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
please , i beg you - kil this one :

media.fastclick.net...

i love ATS and so spent 15 minuites painfully configuring me ad blocker to let ATS / pts / bts ads appear

but that one is , for me unbearable -- c cannot abide flashing images -- and the big red triangle causes me real pain .

i do not want to put my adblocker back to " kill everything " as i know ATS costs a lot to run -- but without this sounding like a threat -- please kill flashing ones

some of us have medical conditions you know

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Any and all flashing ads that go on and on and on ....

It was especially difficult the other day on chat. There was one that was on the right side of the screen and it was SCREAMING ...

UGH.

My vote .... get rid of the flashing ads .. or at least tell those people pumping the products to tone 'em down.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I find the 1,000,000th visitor flashing ad very annoying. I'm still getting it a lot. This time when I clicked on it, I got the following url.

consumerincentiverewards.com...

Hopefully the line above is not too long.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I run the free ad blocker extension for firefox - very good - dont see any ads at all not even the google ones. Quick and easy to turn off also if for any reason I desire to buy something or have half an hour to waste filling in forms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join