It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
As others have stated, the Clone Wars flash pop-up will not close at all. If you click the close button it starts the video and the only way to get rid of it is close the entire browser window or refresh the page and hope it doesn't load a second time.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I hope I"m not speaking too soon, but this is my 3rd visit where there has been no annoying ads that have hijacked my pages.
Thanks to the ATS PTB............job well done. Much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
ya know id give just about ANYTHING to get rid of the evony game add.

honestly it sucks as does the game it self .
peace people.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The current Farscape Ad on the top of the page is causing me serious annoyance at the moment, somehow I've accidentally clicked on it 5 times in my current session, and the one time I pressed the close button it opened up a new page anyway

I don't usually have this problem with the new drop down banner ads

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Really Dave ?? Five times ??

It looks like someone is a closet farscape fan.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yes five times, really

It seems to have stopped now, I think something was up with my system somewhere, the ads not being half as sensitive after a reboot, it was dropping down whenever I tried to click on the main menu this morning

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh I see lol.....

edit on Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:38:32 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

???

The current Farscape Ad on the top of the page is causing me serious annoyance at the moment...

Sounds similar to what's been annoying me, today, at the top...but it isn't "FarScape", it's an ad for the movie "Skyline". Different country, different market for the ads, perhaps?

It has that irritating "roll mouse over" feature, and being close to the menu bar, and the Internet scroll bar on the right, it blooms big, and doesn't minimize by simply rolling the mouse back away from it.....you have to either find the darn "close" button, or just page away.

(Note: Haven't seen it in awhile, maybe it's gone??)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I just came in here to post about that exact same ad. Every time I go to hit the recent post tab, that skyline ad blows up and blocks the whole upper portion of the page. It doesn't go away immediately. What a pain!

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Yeah, that "Skyline" ad went a way for a while, but now it's Baaaaaackkkkkk!!!

I hope the promoter paid a hefty sum for that advertising slot...seems would have to, with that kind of graphics response??

Well, movie opens Friday, so ad should disappear by then (and, based on a gut feeling, I expect the movie might not be around much longer...)

One preview review I read:

We had already seen the script and were hoping that they would have made some major changes during filming, especially since Eric Balfour is not really known for great acting, but the film was still disappointing. It seems that the budget was spent on the special effects and the story was forgotten. There’s only so many times you can hear people saying “What are we going to do”, etc. before you start rooting for the aliens to get rid of these annoying people. If the filmmakers think these people represent the human race, we’re all for aliens wiping out that particular sect.

source

Well, just for the visuals, should be a fun ride. But, so was "Trnasformers". And "War of the Worlds" (Spielberg version), etc.....

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Saw this thread and wanted to nominate an unbelievably annoying ad - but its a tv ad in the uk.

But you don't mean tv ads lol.

Since I've gone to the trouble of typing this post so far I'll still nominate it - the 'Go Compare' ad on tv.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think I'm almost done with ATS. It's just become too commercialized. It has expanded to a wider mass of people, but with that comes too many ads, pop ups, annoyances, and too much crap to have to sort through to get to a thread that interests me.
I swear it reminds me of Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, etc when they first started out they had serious discussions. Now they are just trashy entertainment shows geared towards masses of uneducated folks.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
OMFG!!!

Damn, you have got to kill that ad that says "CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON"

Look, I'm home alone and I was listening to music earlier, and left the volume up loud and was reading on ATS quietly... Then

"CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON"

Dammit man, I nearly knocked the desk over and almost went into cardiac arrest.

Not funny at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Perhaps it's because I keep the Recent Posts page saved in my address bar, but I never get these ads that are so terrible. At most I get some annoying ones on the sides that I might accidentally click, but even they are pretty rare. I highly recommend simply saving a page a few pages into the website.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
How do they know these things about me?

edit on 3 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't know if it's related to the ads or not, but the last couple days this has happened to me...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b28732227483.gif[/atsimg]

But it only happens when I try to click a link on the top bar. It has not been every time I visit the home page or try to click a link on the top bar. But I can't seem to notice a pattern in when it occurs or with what type of ads, but it's happening nonetheless.

I'm not sure if it's happened to anyone else or maybe it's just me. But I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

(I know this thread is primarily for obnoxious advertisements, but I didn't want to start a new thread for this.)

EDIT: Link to full screenshot since it cut it off.

edit on 12/7/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

That happens to me too for about the last week, It seems to be pretty random as to when it happens though, it's not all the time

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c229be0ac3f.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add
I am using Firefox ver 3.6.12
edit on 7-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Yep, been happening to me too (using Firefox btw) as of late. I was going to take a screenshot of it and post it here but luckily, I saw yours before I did so..

Anyway, would be really nice to see this add well and truly gone...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm using Firefox as well.

I think I know when it happens...

Looking at the other image posted by davespanners, as well as mine and the previous times I have had it happen to me, it seems to only happen when the bottom of the advertisement touches the top of the top bar. Some advertisements do that while others have a gap in between. The ones with the gap in between don't do it. Like this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/695fb3e8406a.gif[/atsimg]

That's how the home page currently is for me. Everything is formatted fine, and notice the gap in between the bottom of the advertisement and the top of the top bar.

I think that may be the problem. Some advertisements are placed too far down and intrude on that space, messing up the whole formatting of the top bar.

That's just my observation though. I could be wrong. Hope this helps if you decide to fix it.

edit on 12/7/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join