It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but found an ad that leads you to a phishing site:

www.newyorkchronicle.org...

www.newyorkchronicle.org...

It has big colourful "WE ARE HIRING" ad... it just leads you to a page where they offer free infinite supplies of money and whatnot, with annoying _javascript message boxes. All the links are fake and just redirect you to other similar sites and more ads.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh man I just figured out what that dialing tone I keep hearing is...... that dam advert at the top of the screen. When you roll over it it makes a noise like a phone being dialed.

I thought i was sitting on my phone, then I thought my phone was faulty, then I thought the wife was playing with a phone, then I thought it was on the TV.

What a bloody annoying advert ..... please please please stop it .... please

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi there,

After reading the thread recently about why we should have adblocker and the likes disabled, well i disabled it!! (i didn't even realise i was violating the t&c)

Then today i see one of those earn £50 an hour working from home bla bla bla, the website is www. britishnewsreporting.com/consumer-tips-weekly. Now i dont think it takes much of a genius to work out this is absolute bs.

So either i'm missing a trick and i should be posting links or some crap to make money, or some ads are still making it through the net.

I appreciate it must be hard for you to monitor this, but im sure the company who you pay to take care of these things should be able to provide legitimate adverts in this day and age.

That's my little rant over, i am now off to follow my dream of becoming an internet zillionaire posting links.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What the smeg is it with these stupid drop down adverts at the top of the screen? you don't even need to be near them with your mouse and down they come...

Bloody annoying!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Why should it be against the rules to have adblocker? I am sure enough people would not have it to help out the site.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The only ones I've had a problem with are the Evony false advertisements, because my mom likes to hover over what I'm doing even if she doesn't understand english really well. And of course, those women in the ads cast a bad light over the rest of the screen.

Once, when I was still a lurker, I was reading something on aliens at ATS and in the ad space that breaks up the posts somewhere around the bottom, that awful, awful Human/Hybrid illusion test thing popped up. I screamed, and that made my sister scream, and she made me scream louder, and then we both wrestled for the mouse to close the window. XD

Good times.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Why should it be against the rules to have adblocker? I am sure enough people would not have it to help out the site.

Well like i said i didn't know about it but heres the thread that will explain all:

Adblocker thread

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ioweagle

Thanks. I missed that thread and didn't know that payment is on per-view, not per-click. Well if seeing ads keeps the site going, small price to pay.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
TODAY: 5/15/10

Redorbit. The ad keeps redirecting me to their site, regardless if I click on their link or not. I do not like this Sam-I-Am, I do not like Red Orbit Spam.

Please add this to your hit-list SO, as this is getting very annoying. Five times it's redirected me in the past hour, and sometimes while writing lengthy posts!

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I can live with the adverts and tracking but would not like to be thrown out to adverts coming from private IP addresses because these could be controlled by anyone and on top of that are often used to show one of them 'You have a virus' type scams.

I'm not keen with google being on the site because they realy are watching every move we make and are big bro's big brother

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ok the let's make babies ad!

Now that one is really scary!

I guess people will keep putting in different people to combine with, until they can find someone to make a perfect baby with?

What the helllllllllllloooooooo!!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Occasionally I get a pop-up from ATS. Pop-ups are bad, evil things. Please don't use them.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
FightGlobalWarming.com???

Being that Global Warming has been thoroughly debunked, why would they be welcome on a website whose motto is "Deny Ignorance?"

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Having just had my ears hammered - NO ADS WITH SOUND, thanks ATS.

[/rant]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ

[/rant]

Agreed. Sounds ads are putting me off coming here completely.

That freaking predators ad is the worst offender and the stop button on it's panel doesn't even work so only choice is not to visit

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

Originally posted by CHRLZ

[/rant]

Agreed. Sounds ads are putting me off coming here completely.

That freaking predators ad is the worst offender and the stop button on it's panel doesn't even work so only choice is not to visit

Yup. I used to visit the front page frequently, but now I just go straight to MyATS, so my participation has gone down and will continue to decrease.

Anyone else? Please say so, and hopefully the site owners may take note.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I love horses but the horses on the ATS pages distract me from my reading, searching and writing.

I forget what I was...ugh..oh nevermind

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
get rid of the gamefly ad
tired of it popping up .

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join