It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ehrrrm....
Ofcourse i turn it off whenever I visit ATS.....

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
these background link trap ads are the worst when they come up. one misclick and bam, you're in ad hell.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I seem to live in this thread, here is yet another complaint.

That horrible flashing ad at the top of the page for 'The Fourth Kind' or something. Not only the flashing but that guy laying in bed about to have something nasty happen to him.

I suffer from night terrors and that image completely freaks me out. Please take him away.

XL5

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Over the last couple days, I've found two hijack attempts coming from the ad's on the right side of the screen. One tries to load a file called p32.php, file size 4.28kb, from elgrago.com. I never let it load the file when it asks, I set it up so it has to ask before loading files. It first came from an ad that says "make $100's a day though yahoo" and when you click properties of the ad, it seems its less of a link and more of an img. type file. The other ad that does the same thing (on a different day - today) is an ad for making money with ebay, "doba" was on the bottom.

The other hijack seems to redirect you to a windows spoof page that does a fake virus scan and tries to get me to download a file as well. The first time it redirected me (automatically took me away from ats) to a site called "malwardetect.com", this time, it redirected me to "viruisprotect.com" (softbarrier), the misspelling a trick they use.

I have just formated the computer about 2 weeks ago and have AVG antivirus and have not downloaded "stuff" or clicked on everything like some people do. Thus I KNOW its coming from 1-2 ad types coming from ATS, so don't even try that whole "you may have had a virus from before, the internet is a dangerous place you know" type of excuse. I refreshed many times to track those ad's down. After the first p32.php attempt and the redirect attempt, I did use the spyware/malware link in the U2U mem center but it happend again and its just too obvious to miss, I gave the the img. link for the ad from clicking properties in the report too.

I have put this post here because I would like to see those type of ad's wiped and KEPT off ATS. Yes its a spyware/malware issue and should be kept to that "unseen" complaint feature to be handled in secrect but this is also an issue with ad's and others are having the same issue but do not have thier computer set up to ask before runing/saving the bad files. I do not think ATS installs this stuff on purpose and the mods/owners may not even see those ad's (ad companies/servers can be sneaky). If only I had a button that wipes an ad and its company off the net....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm tired of all the cleaning chemical ads in the swine flu threads. Being anti poisonous chemicals in my beliefs, it's almost laughable at first that I would be posting about avoiding chemicals in my body, then seeing an ad for one to spray and smear all over my house.

And then the second feeling is great sadness when I realize millions of people do, and that the swine flu causes their revenue to go up.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
To reiterate what XL5 has said I have recieved the security tool rootkit/virus on four seperate occassions on this site, over the course of a couple of months this is a serious issue, its a very nasty piece of malware, you guys need to sort your ads out or at least give us a premium option so we dont all have to deal with them.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is an ad that is attempting to do something via Adobe Acrobat. Periodically, when i visit ATS, it tries downloading something through Adobe Acrobat. Here is the information i've been able to gather:

from www.nikobiko.com

file name: bh.pdf

the pdf appears momentarily, then disappears. When i try scanning it for viruses, it says "file cannot be found"

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not sure which ads they are (as I am quick to the refresh button) but it would appear that we have a couple ads with sound/speaking in the rotation again.

I like my ATS quiet.

One is "This Mystery Gift Could Be Yours" (Click on the banner to see what it is)--no thanks.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I like to click the ats button up top to just reload the active page. I seem to sometimes have half my screen taken over by certain advertisements. The terminator chronicles one would be a good example currently.

Just passing by these mouseover ads is enough to trigger them. If you happen to click the ats button before you've realized it's started to load the offending ad you're whisked off somewhere to buy something you have no real interest in.

It's a blatant bait and switch.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

I'm having the same problem with the Terminator Chronicles ad today -- it pops up and covers everything on the menu bar from "home" through "ats firehose"
When I click the little X in the corner to try and close it, it just pops right back up

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Dito. In my experience on ATS this has to be the most annoying ad ever.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTrueFiction
reply to post by Seiko

Dito. In my experience on ATS this has to be the most annoying ad ever.

Add my vote to that.

It is so OBVIOUSLY an intrusive advert that you have to think that ATS know that people will only complain, but not actually do anything about it thereby keeping the viewers required to be able to attract advertisers like this. It communicates "This is our site and our users will do as they are told".....which is not a bad thing, that is good buisness management.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

I agree, kill it. Kill it dead.

I've lost track of the number of times it's gotten in my way today. S.O., PLEASE do something!!

Oh and Wobbly Anomaly, that's one hell of a suggestive orchid (?) you've got there!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness

Oh and Wobbly Anomaly, that's one hell of a suggestive orchid (?) you've got there!

It's actually a close up of a Lupin, thats how they attract bees you know.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly

Originally posted by purehughness

It's actually a close up of a Lupin, thats how they attract bees you know.

Ah so it is. No wonder my bees like them so much

And I have the strangest feeling of deja vu about asking you about it... Hmmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yep, that terminator ad is getting on my unmentionables.

It doesn't even have to have unfolded, you think you can click on new posts, but then you get redirected to the poxy advertiser site.

Kill it in the face with fire

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The panda hates the Ad aswell.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9ee72384ddd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yes, please, for the love of everything that is good and sacred, PLEASE get rid of that Terminator ad before I completely lose the will to live.

I'm not kidding.

Really.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
No, really............

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This terminator add is VERY annoying.

I mean c'mon, my threads get deleted faster than this...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join