It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marto_Bagg
PLEASE!! for the love of all thats good and holy .....

GET RID OF THIS ADD!!!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Marto_Bagg]

I agree..

The worst thing is.since i,m using my studio laptop since my net one went down..I have quite a large wattage sound system connected...

As you can imagine.. in the middle of the night.. all is quiet.. you are quite relaxed...dozing off perhaps....then..

OH MY GOSH!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!

quite a few times i have had to do laundry regarding my underwear

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I used to think that the flashing, seizure inducing ads were the worst. That was before I found The Bug. I have been bombarded with The Bug. It seems like every two or three pages it's back. I thought it was something wrong with my computer, until I did something and it went away, then I didn't even think about it, until it happened again today.

Oh, and SO, for the love of god, please kill the bug.

[edit on 7/18/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Originally posted by Majic
Can We Tawk?

What scares me is that I'm actually used to the talking smiley ad now.

"Ohmygosh! No way!"

Cute little scamp, in't he?

No... wait... it's brainswashing! NOOO!

Get... out... of my... MIIIIIIND!

GAHHHHHHH!

(SO, is there a way we can tell our ad-providing guys to leave off with the audio?)

That is sooooo true, im at work usually when on ATS, and sometimes there's loads of people there, and i forget to put my speakers on mute, then out of no where comes.

NOOOO WAYYYY

Yeah i hate that.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Denied]

I'm with you!

That OH MY GOSH thing about gave me a heart attack one night! I swear, I was pissed! So now I keep my speakers on mute unless I'm INTENTIONALLY listening to something.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
So now I keep my speakers on mute unless I'm INTENTIONALLY listening to something.

And it is damn well pitiful to have to do this because of ............. spam. It's sad that banners on a site dictate weather I have my speakers on or off, and worse - weather my music listening is blatantly interrupted when changing a page and one of these hits.
This is tantamount to .......... watching a movie in the front room, when a pounding on the door makes me stop that to get up and and run off a solicitor (they really get intimidated at the site of a hippy with a shining black baseball bat throwing the door open !!)

Damn, I think all this talk of those highly irritating ads has me ill now !!
Where's my pills !?!? ....... somebody get me my pills !!!

NN

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Mosquito Ad

Unbelievably offensive.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
"In the mosquito world...only the males produce a buzzing sound.
The quieit females can then operate in stealth mode"

So, if you hear a buzzin' your ok...

BUT....if you hear nothing...hehehe

joke

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I haven't seen it for a couple of days, but it gives me a pain... A certain add promises me a green card in bright, flashing bold letters... Looking at how my fellow - American - ATS members feel about those pesky immigrants that takes their jobs, I don't think I'll take up their offer any time soon...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the "Clown" ad? The loud, evil, laughing Clown ad, that

haunted and scared the crap out of many ATS users late at night a couple of

months back? It was horrifiying especially when you left the volume way up, you'd

be deeply involved in reading an artical not a sound in the house then

all of a sudden "AhhHaaahahaHa AhhHaaahahaHa AhhHaaahahaHa".

I almost had a heart attack everytime it appered.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The talking smilies, mozzy and clown ad's must all die very horrible deaths. let me tell you a story why....

As my son got to 1 year old and was being the usual little walking monster that kids are at that age we had to move the PC's upstairs for fear of him sending himself up in a blue flash. I work from home as a freelance 3d artist and also release video tutorials on the side.

After working hard on a video tutorial in the afternoon I went away for meals etc before sitting down at night for a long modeling session for a client. (A nasty monster type thingy they wanted.....)

Now I'd had my speakers on full during the afternoon and forgot to turn them down (I'd recorded the audio for the tutorial at too low a level and was going to fix this in post the next day.) So after spending till 2.30 am modeling this damn monster I settled down for a bit of ATS before turning in for the night.

It was at this point that the 'oh my god no way!' came up, I nearly soiled my pants, my other half nearly had a coronary and our son woke up scared half to death in the next room. Now that wouldn't have been so bad but it was his 1st night with his bedroom light off (he'd had the usual fears of the dark), as a result it took us 3 weeks to get him not to wake up at exactly the same time every night screaming his head off.

I can laugh about it now, but please for the love of god and the sake of ALL our sanity's (as well as sleeping childrens) kill those noisey ad's! I don't mind the ATS ad's as rule as they help with the upkeep of the site, but some of these are bordering on mental torture.....

...now if someone can just give me the address to the people behind that smiley ad so I can send any future thereapy bills to.....

Wayne...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have to admit that the adds with audio are a distraction from the forum. Yes, I can turn my speakers off, but then that affects whatever I am listening too.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
MY biggest problem is the damn bug ad. I had been listening to music and it started.. I thought there was something wrong with the file, so I keep on playing new songs and all had the same problem, even when a song was not playing. I unhooked my sound system and turned it back on and it was still there. I never expected it to be a freaking ad, never thought to look until I closed the webpages in frustration to leave when it stoped. It has poped up every so often now. Also I get ads sometimes that popup over the screen, like flash media or something in the uper right hand corner, though I have not seen one in a while.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
MY biggest problem is the damn bug ad. I had been listening to music and it started.. I thought there was something wrong with the file, so I keep on playing new songs and all had the same problem, even when a song was not playing. I unhooked my sound system and turned it back on and it was still there. I never expected it to be a freaking ad, never thought to look until I closed the webpages in frustration to leave when it stoped. It has poped up every so often now. Also I get ads sometimes that popup over the screen, like flash media or something in the uper right hand corner, though I have not seen one in a while.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
OK, I just wanted to make something clear....The mosquito sound I mentioned above is NOT from the mosquito ad....I just got that terrible sound again, and the only ad on the page was from the University of Phoenix!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Loam, did you look at the bottom of the page? Because sometimes the 'sucker' shows up there, too.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I just got that terrible sound again

The advertiser (in the FastClick system as "WebClients") has launched new banners in the rectangle and skyscraper sizes. I had originally blocked only the bug ad, but now all ads are blocked from "WebClients." It may take up to 6 hours to take effect.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
...but now all ads are blocked from "WebClients."

Thank you, Sir.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
OK, I just wanted to make something clear....The mosquito sound I mentioned above is NOT from the mosquito ad....I just got that terrible sound again, and the only ad on the page was from the University of Phoenix!!!

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page there's another ad down there. That's usually where the skeeter showed up at for me.

SO THANK YOU. I'd get that skeeter like you wouldn't believe some days.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Originally posted by Marto_Bagg
PLEASE!! for the love of all thats good and holy .....

GET RID OF THIS ADD!!!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Marto_Bagg]

This ad hasn't been removed yet.Plz ats amigos remove this pain in the arse ad

CX

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sorry for bringing this up again, but is the mosquito ad going to be removed or not? Totaly doing my head in and i like keeping my speakers on before anyone says turn them off!

CX.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Got to comment that the mere mention of the British National Party in a thread tends to make Googles Ad-Sense thrown up links to all kinds of unsavoury right-wing websites.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join