It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting image - please help me find the source!

page: 1

join
share:
GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
img131.imageshack.us...

It is a foriegn web site about UFO /unknown ariel sightings, and has another image taken seconds after the one i have linked. I cannot find it again and need some help.

Also, can any one put forward any ideas of what the heck it could be / might be? I know its just speculation, but ideas are very welcome!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Try ctrl+h and go into your browser's history you might be able to find the site.

As for the image, the effect could easily be done with Photoshop.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
As for the image, the effect could easily be done with Photoshop.

And it was. Notice how the top light seems to be divided in half, and also seems to be symmetrical.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It could be a reflection or a lense flare.

also seems to be symmetrical

That doesn't mean its been photoshopped, there are plenty of natural explanations for it.

GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thank you for the posts - After the first post said it was computer effects i looked again but to no avail. I do like the image but as its possibly computer generated ill not bother looking so hard now!!

Thank you! : )

[edit on 18/7/06 by GSA]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree its most likley photoshoped.. there are a very good plugin for making lensflares called Genesis.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It looks like youi figured out how to do make the effect, as it appears you have a similar flare in your avatar.

GSA

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
From a religious web page in the USA is my avatar (I asked and they said it was OK to use the image, but I had to take out the word Scientology because I love the image but not the church if you see what i mean.)

As for making it, I have no blooming idea at all - and making that star into another picture....

I have paint and image viewer, and if you ask around i have been begging for others to make me an avatar - people said I could have images they had made, but none were of a celestial nature ... so basically i would love to have the means to make that image, but sadly I do not.

(oh and look how long its taken me to figure out the avatars in the first place..... Im no retard just not able to afford better software to make one, do not have the skills any how and its taken me WEEKS just to figure how to upload an avatar Mike 32 tutorial was helpful as were others.)

Oh and Umbrax, thank you for letting me explain where I stand - : )

I IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM ENDORE SCIENTOLOGY OR ITS RELIGIOUS VIEWS

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
and its taken me WEEKS just to figure how to upload an avatar Mike 32 tutorial was helpful as were others.)

Gee, who's Mike 32??

I thought I had exclusive rights to 32.

To get back on topic, I have to agree. I believe it was "photoshopped" also.

[edit on 7/19/2006 by Mechanic 32]

GSA

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I apologise MECH 32...

I asked for the picture because it was celestial and im going through a kind of religious 'revival' if you like - It was beautiful and if you see I actually posted the piccie alot before i found the avatar image. lol i wanted the image and web page to get another in the series, of a large sphere / light, and got scientology thrown into the bargain !!

OMG!!! Photshop is how much????!!!!!!!!!!!

uk.shopping.com...

£ 450 - £560!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING??? THATS INSANITY! I blew a fuse at windows xp upgrade---- I am not only computer retard BUT a very poor computer retard!!!

GSA

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
hahahaha now i see no reason why its so expensive - are you people stupidly rich AND clever??? The read up alone lost me in the first six sentences!!! Just how on earth are you supposed to get that amount of money for a computer program?? Thats my half of the monthly rent and bills.... For a computer program???? And ok, if its for Pro editors ( ??!!??) do you have to go to a uni to learn this program?

And you have to forgive me here on this one - But if any one knows why its so damned stupidly expensive and if the write up is right, did they just price it to keep it out of peoples reach?? like a black mastercard / diamond visa ect??

GSA

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sorry i found the image - beat me at a later date as i have work in the morning.

freaking 'Thetans' visions... I apologise 100% people... I went back to the web page i got my avatar and pressed all the links... I got a polish scientology site....and the images...:

My very bad for that - but i do still like it . Am just glad its not real. I had a nightmare about the sky on fire last night...

Oh and Umbrax, kudos for the spotting of the avatar - believe it or not it had sailed me right by...rofl i hadn't even given it a thought till tonight when you said it!

[edit on 19/7/06 by GSA]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GSA

OMG!!! Photshop is how much????!!!!!!!!!!!

You think that's expensive software? Check this out:
3Dsmax (3D editor)

If you really want the answer to wether or not this pic is real, you have to find someone with photoshop, or an equivalent, and have them see if the pixels near the middle blend well or not. That is, if it's really that important.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq

Originally posted by GSA

You think that's expensive software? Check this out:
3Dsmax (3D editor)

Jeez i think ill stick to pencil and paper

GSA

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
OMFG!! THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FO A PC PROGRAM?????????

Thats just nuts!!!

Oh and the man in the computer shop / print shop in Oxford said the images actually look very realistic and professional if thery are fakes.... he was impressed and he has been photoshopping for 8 years - for a living!

hes cool, but wouldnt let me have a copy...... rofl I said id give him 20 quid and he should be grateful...he laughed and charged me 10 quid for my photo prints......rofl

new topics

top topics

join