It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Car Will You Drive When The Oil Runs Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It just occurred to me, what the heck are gonna do with all the SUV's in ten years when all the oil runs out?

Thats gonna be one hell of a land-fill.

But really, are we all gonna be driving little tiny electric cars in ten years?

Whats your view-?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
A hydrogen fueled Rotary...maybe...

But, as long as I can smoke the bags up on an electric car, slam it on some blingbling chromed 20s, fit a Vielside kit *and the obligatory rice Type-R sticker...good for an extra 10kws ya know* then I'm gonna be a happy chappy...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
shoot we arent running out of oil. america is stockpiling it is what is happening. we will soon have a monopoly on oil. therefore making us even more bad booty than we already are. i say america world domination sounds good.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My car will run on Hemp

" Lemme git a hit of that exhaust"

" man, get yer own car"

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
My car will run on Hemp

*crouches behind Lysergics car with a knitting needle, scraping out the residue from the exhaust pipe*

...oooooh yeeeeeeah *toke toke*...Papas got a brand new bag...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
are "synthetic" oils exactly that or are they just extremely refined "normal" oils?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
A hydrogen fueled Rotary...maybe...

But, as long as I can smoke the bags up on an electric car, slam it on some blingbling chromed 20s, fit a Vielside kit *and the obligatory rice Type-R sticker...good for an extra 10kws ya know* then I'm gonna be a happy chappy...

hehe... we will probably use hydrogen powered cars that produce water as exaust.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   
well...i know i'll be driving a bmw 745h when the time comes, it's a prototype right now, but it should be out in a few years' time.
the main problem is fueling the #ing thing...
ouf, i hate this...why does our generation have to take this sh!t? what'll happen to muscle cars

my dad was figuring on buying me a trans-m for my b-day, what a waste

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
trans am is a pony car not a muscle car. tell him to buy you something like a charger or road runner.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
trans am is a pony car not a muscle car. tell him to buy you something like a charger or road runner.

you havent seen the 500hp running under the hood

but i agree with you...a charger's a lot better, my point was(if u'd actually read what i'd written instead of concentrating on your thoughts alone) what'll u be doing with a charger when the fuel runs out

im not paying the americans for any of their oil, im ukranian, i'll either put the money into my closest allies(the ruskies), or end up going for the v36 hydrogen powered BMW.the latter seems a more reasonable approach

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
are "synthetic" oils exactly that or are they just extremely refined "normal" oils?

Little bit off topic..but..the answer is:extremely refined "normal" oil. Molecules are more stable in synthetic oils...in other words...they can handle more abuse...heat...friction...so on. Back to the main topic...hydrogen fuel celled cars...the only way to go...no emissions..except for water. According to my research...we shouldn't run out of fossil fuels for another 50 years or so...America has a nice stockpile to add. Only thing I am concerned about is the pipeline that is being planned from the Caspian Sea to Israel...kinda keeps America out of the loop..total control over the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. I would hate to live in one of those Eur-Asian contries right now that stand between the Caspian Sea and a sea harbor...probably be labeled as a terrorist harboring country sometime in the future...and voila...another war on our hands...go figure.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Certain cars could be powered by propane with a little bit of engine modification, however I'm leaning on the hydrogen power, or maybe even biodiesel. Now if only I can find a hydrogen or biodiesel powered rotary for my RX7...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think it will be a time to rejoice, not panic, when oil finally runs out. Obviously it won't happen overnight and take us all by suprise. When that day comes the Industry will be well prepared.

A world without oil means we'll have to rely on Electric cars, or water powered cars. Watching a recent episode of Top Gear on the BBC, one major car manufacturer already has a fully working water-fuelled prototype. They estimate it will be available for sale to the public in 10 - 20 years time.

A world without oil can only be a cleaner and cheaper world. Let's PRAY for the day the wells run dry!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
You Know this is what i was reading about the other day!!

I was reading an artical on korea, and some of them guys running there cars on soya sause...

so i think i may give that a try!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Bio-Diesel! The first diesel engine ran on peanut oil, the technology has been here since the beginning. It is not popular because oil companies are keeping it down. When made right it is a better fuel than its petrolium counterpart, and pretty any diesel engince can run on it with little if any modifications. We can bio-diesel out of a lot of stuff, oil from fryers, plant waste, animal fat, and even a really good fuel from hemp(the exaust would smell so good!).
The internal combustion engine will stay after we use all the oil and be fueled by biodiesels.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkwraith
It just occurred to me, what the heck are gonna do with all the SUV's in ten years when all the oil runs out?

Thats gonna be one hell of a land-fill.

But really, are we all gonna be driving little tiny electric cars in ten years?

Whats your view-?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

I'll be riding "Major," my trusty quarter-horse!

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
shoot we arent running out of oil. america is stockpiling it is what is happening. we will soon have a monopoly on oil. therefore making us even more bad booty than we already are. i say america world domination sounds good.

You think so? Anyone who believes that definitely must read this:

Michael Meacher, a former British environment minister, vindicates FTW's position on 9/11, the war on terrorism, and peak oil.

(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.)

-----

politics.guardian.co.uk...

This war on terrorism is bogus
The 9/11 attacks gave the US an ideal pretext to use force to secure its global domination

Michael Meacher
Saturday September 6, 2003
The Guardian

Massive attention has now been given - and rightly so - to the reasons why Britain went to war against Iraq. But far too little attention has focused on why the US went to war, and that throws light on British motives too. The conventional explanation is that after the Twin Towers were hit, retaliation against al-Qaida bases in Afghanistan was a natural first step in launching a global war against terrorism. Then, because Saddam Hussein was alleged by the US and UK governments to retain weapons of mass destruction, the war could be extended to Iraq as well. However this theory does not fit all the facts. The truth may be a great deal murkier.

We now know that a blueprint for the creation of a global Pax Americana was drawn up for Dick Cheney (now vice-president), Donald Rumsfeld (defence secretary), Paul Wolfowitz (Rumsfeld's deputy), Jeb Bush (George Bush's younger brother) and Lewis Libby (Cheney's chief of staff). The document, entitled Rebuilding America's Defences, was written in September 2000 by the neoconservative think tank, Project for the New American Century (PNAC).

The plan shows Bush's cabinet intended to take military control of the Gulf region whether or not Saddam Hussein was in power. It says "while the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein."
www.fromthewilderness.com...

06/12/03
Revealing Statements from a Bush Insider about Peak Oil and Natural Gas Depletion: FTW EXCLUSIVE
Bush energy advisor to the secret Energy Task Force headed by Dick Cheney before 9/11, Matthew Simmons, spoke candidly about Peak Oil at a recent Paris conference attended by FTW Editor Mike Ruppert. The transcribed remarks of this CFR member at this exclusive conference are chilling affirmations of the only issue driving world events since 9/11.

"The uh, I think basically that now, that peaking of oil will never be accurately predicted until after the fact. But the event will occur, and my analysis is leaning me more by the month, the worry that peaking is at hand; not years away. If it turns out I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But if I'm right, the unforeseen consequences are devastating...But unfortunately the world has no Plan B if I'm right. The facts are too serious to ignore. Sadly the pessimist-optimist debate started too late."
www.fromthewilderness.com...

top topics

join