It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Audio Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Greetings all,

I have written what I think is a pretty good Area 51 website. It has all the essential things about the base, such as security, ex projects, etc. I also have speculated theories of aircraft (Aurora) and video of such. However, I need help from the citizens of ATS. I need someone who has audio files from Area 51, such as intercepted security transmissions, stuff picked up on your scanner, even if you fly an airplane and think you may have picked up something from Area 51, please let me use it. I will give you FULL credit for the audio file and will even provide a link if you provide one to your website. Also, any photos that you may have taken, I would love it if you would provide some. If you wish to mail it to me, pleae send it to [email protected].

Here's a link to my webpage so you can see it before you decide you let me borrow your files:

WELCOME TO AREA 51

Thank you very much,

Ranchy

edit: Added Link to Email Address

[edit on 7/18/2006 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I like your web-site, I think it's very nicely done. I will keep checking back to see what's new.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why do you have an image that is 664x456 pixels shown as a 300x200 image?

It would be better to have the image in the real size, why should the visitors have to download a bigger image that the one they will see?

I will see the rest of the site later.

OK, now is later.

On the "Security" page, why do you have a link to the image on the top of the page? I think that if the text says "the photo above" it does not need to have a link to the photo above.

The next link, with the text "kill you" points to an "File not found".

On the "Current Black Projects" page, you have again images bigger than they appear. Why didn't you resized the images?

On the "Avon Park" page you have another image, in this case a 500x494 image that appears in the page as a 200x300 image and a 722x542 map that appears as a 500x400 image.

I also do not understand why the images of the planes on the bottom of the page link to "_javascript:history.go(0)". What's the purpose of that?

And why the "Site Map" and "Links" page point to a 404 page?

But I like the general layout and design of the site, and the theme is an interesting one.

Good luck.

PS: I hate sites that try to prevent the stealing of the images (and text, in this case) by trying to remove the context menu. That is a stupid measure, on one of the pages one picture did not load. As I was using Internet Explorer I would have used the context menu to reload only the image. In this case I was forced to reload the whole page. And as you can see by my comments, I could easily see the source of you page and the properties of the pictures using the right mouse button in Opera, when the page loaded, most of the time the page does not render properly in Opera, but it renders OK in IE and Firefox.

[edit on 28/7/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
ArMap, about the "errors" you found. The link for "kill you" does work and brings up this page. There is an error with your browser. I shrunk the image becuase they are far too large to look proportunately to the page. I realize the redundancy of the page link to the image, and I'll remove that, thanks.

The refresh was something that I did, and I really can't remember why. I'll change that.

About the right click, I have some custom images and passages on there and I want to prevent people from copying them. I know that it is overridable. I just thought it was cool.

The "Site Map" and "links" page direct you to my custom 404 page is because those pages haven't been made yet. I am in the process of that and I will link to them when they are complete.

[edit on 7/28/2006 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
The link for "kill you" does work and brings up this page.
OK, today it works, yesterday it did not work on any of the browsers I tried (Opera 9, Firefox 1.5.0.5 and Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3)

I shrunk the image becuase they are far too large to look proportunately to the page.
I those cases I think it is better to have two images, one smaller and the other with the original size, in that way you site will load faster. Remember that not everybody has high speed connections, and even if they have you can not know at what speed your pages reach their destination, and a slow loading page is allways a bad thing.

I just thought it was cool.
I find it dreadfull. Different people sure have different opinions.

The "Site Map" and "links" page direct you to my custom 404 page is because those pages haven't been made yet. I am in the process of that and I will link to them when they are complete.
In that case why don't you have a different page saying that the page is being completed?
I think most people would prefer a page saying that an update was coming than a page saying "File not found".

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, thanks for pointing out my errors and helping me get my webpage to be better. I appreciate it!

Ranchy

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hi, I quite like your website and although youre probably not looking for comments on the content of the site I hope you dont mind me pointing out a few things.

Firstly you talk about the B-2 but dont mention how it is linked to Groom Lake, yet you also reproduce facts such as its first flight being after its official release. So which is it, was its developed and flown in secret at Groom Lake or was it flown first after its official declassification?

Secondly you have repeated the common misconception that the runway at Groom Lake is over 6 miles long. This is NOT true. Its quite a bone of contention with Area 51 scholars, but you have included the overrun in your measurment (or whoever took the measurment did). The actual length is less that 2.5 miles.

Finally you talk about the switchblade project/concept and say its officially known as the bird of prey. This is also wrong.
This is the plane known officially as the BoP.

Overall though I liked the site, and found the Avon Park theory section quite interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Actually,I am looking for any comments on anything that could make my website better. About the runway, Google Earth's measurement tool says that the runway is 6 miles long.

new topics

top topics

join