It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shall we take a look at the MESS in the Middle East?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
SOURCE

as Israel, with Bush's blessing, expands its initial militaristic bullying of Gaza into a full-scale invasion of Lebanon, with daily escalation of the violence threatening to ignite the whole Middle East, a version of Oliver Hardy's famous line springs readily to mind: "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten us into."

It is clear by the ease and speed with which Israel's military moved systematically into Gaza, destroying the basic infrastructure of that hemmed-in captive community of a million impoverished human beings, that this had nothing to do with "rescuing" a "kidnapped" soldier, and everything with attempting to destroy the elected government of the nascent Palestinian state. Israel initiated this act of aggression after weeks of rocket and shelling attacks against the territory--including one which killed eight members of a family on a beach outing--all of which provocation took place without any criticism from the US.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I stopped reading when it said "this wasn't about 2 kidnapped soldiers."

The kidnapping of the soldiers was the straw that broke the camels back. Israel finally had enough of the little whiny mosquitos and now they're swatting them.

More power to them.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What if Canada was sending rockets and other weapons to Mexico which then fired them over the border at San Diego, etc? Then some Mexicans crossed the border and killed and kidnapped some American soldiers? All because the Mexicans felt we took some of their territory in a past war.

What do you think the U.S. response to that scenario would (and should) be? Don't you think we'd go into Mexico after the rockets and also be threatening Canada for supplying them to Mexico? Of course we would.

Now maybe you understand Israel's current actions in the Middle East. Really, this concept is very easy to understand.

P.S. The source article in this thread is from that bastion of objective reporting, Rense. Enough said.

[edit on 7/18/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This article lost all credibility after 8 words.

Hardly an 'explanation' of the situation. It just reads as typical left wing, biased, innacurate, down right ignorant and offfensive pile of dog doo

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
The kidnapping of the soldiers was the straw that broke the camels back. Israel finally had enough of the little whiny mosquitos and now they're swatting them.
[edit on 18-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

couldnt of said it better Cutwolf.....Isreal has been showing huge restraint recently, and even with the kidnapping of the 1 isreali solider by hamas they still didnt attack yet, but when Hezbollah got involved and kidnapped 2 more of course they have to get involved in some way...THat is an act of War that these militas are doing, and there Governments are not doing a damn thing to reel these militas in...So i say BOMB THE CRAP out of em....Maybe that will send the appropriate message to maybe start actually acting like a government, and take charge of your countries or isreal will help you do it!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Israel has been trying to work withing the framework of the International Community and the UN for a number of years to try to get to a point where Israelis and Arabs can live side by side in Peace.

I would think it should be obvious to EVERYONE by now that there are some Arabs and Musilums that have NO desire for Peace.

Hamas, Hezbaloh and other groups maintain that their ONLY goal is the complete destruction of Israel.

Well, you reap what you sow.

I think it's time to back off and let Israel crush Hamas and Hezbaloh.

Hamas and Hezbaloh has made all too clear that they DO NOT want peace.

------fixed spelling error (boy, gotta wonder where I went to school)

------Gawd, I hate spelling errors.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by hlesterjerome]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Dont shoot the messenger. I simply think that this government is constantly instigating others. I will not retract my words on this one.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Dont shoot the messenger. I simply think that this government is constantly instigating others. I will not retract my words on this one.

Then prepare to duck and cover, because people are going to come after your posts.

In spite of the relentless posting by you and some others, I sense the tide starting to turn now from feeling sorry for the palestinians and being mad at the bad, old Israelis to more of a "go get those hamas and hezbollah jerks and finish them off once and for all".

You know, unless you're just doing it for the points, there could be a historical lesson for you in the way the gay marriage issue was pushed before the last election. Proponents of gay marriage were mortified to find out that the more they kept their issue in everyone's face, the more the poll numbers turned against them. So, the lesson here is that sometimes too much is too much.

Or, as I can see from your next post, you missed my point entirely.

[edit on 7/18/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I dont have a problem with gay marriage- Live and let live.

Is that what cost them the election???
I thought it was the cheating with the votes.

Again- Bush is creaming over this. And he's instigating.

Points?
Right.

I am against war, i am against Bush for getting his way, i am against anthing that could be fixed by other means.

This is just what Bush wanted. Perhaps he had a big hand in it.

It is clear by the ease and speed with which Israel's military moved systematically into Gaza, destroying the basic infrastructure of that hemmed-in captive community of a million impoverished human beings, that this had nothing to do with "rescuing" a "kidnapped" soldier, and everything with attempting to destroy the elected government of the nascent Palestinian state. Israel initiated this act of aggression after weeks of rocket and shelling attacks against the territory--including one which killed eight members of a family on a beach outing--all of which provocation took place without any criticism from the US.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The following comes directly from United Nations Security Council Resolution #1559 dated 2-September-2004:

Mindful of the upcoming Lebanese presidential elections and underlining the
importance of free and fair elections according to Lebanese constitutional rules
devised without foreign interference or influence,
1. Reaffirms its call for the strict respect of the sovereignty, territorial
integrity, unity, and political independence of Lebanon under the sole and exclusive
authority of the Government of Lebanon throughout Lebanon;
2. Calls upon all remaining foreign forces to withdraw from Lebanon;
3. Calls for the disbanding and disarmament of all Lebanese and non-
Lebanese militias;
4. Supports the extension of the control of the Government of Lebanon over
all Lebanese territory;

Note point #3:

3. Calls for the disbanding and disarmament of all Lebanese and non-
Lebanese militias;

It’s almost two years after UNSC Resolution #1559 and you tell me what progress Lebanon has made toward disarming and disbanding Hezbolah.

Israel, on the other hand, complied with UNSC Resolution #1559 and pulled out of Lebanon.

The following comes from United Nations Security Council Resolution #1680 dated 17-May-2006:

… but noting also with regret that other provisions of
resolution 1559 have not yet been fully implemented, namely the disbanding and
disarming of Lebanese and non-Lebanese militias,…

… Noting with concern the conclusion of the Secretary-General’s report
(S/2006/248) that there had been movements of arms into Lebanese territory for
militias over the last six months,…

Why would anyone try to convince the Civilized world that this is a group of people that has an interest in seeing peace in their region?

I say we take Iran and Syria out while we’re at it. Or should we wait until Iran has Nuclear Weapons?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
FIRST....id like to say great post you really hit it on the nail here with these resolutions...and to the answer with your last question should we take iran and syria out....Most definitley is my answer...They do too much to the region in a negative aspect...All Iran and Syria are doing is trying to show the world that they are powerful nations, and if they want to try and flex that muscle i say we have a weight lifting competiton so to speak!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Skeptik1st]

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Skeptik1st]

mod edit: removed quote of previous post

[edit on 18-7-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And would you have us believe that the 1,500+ rockets the Palestinians fired towards the Israeli Population had nothing to do with Israelis decision to go into Gaza?

Why would the good Ole USA try to stop Israel?

Like one poster noted above...

The general Consensus of the civilized word at this time is "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

It's time for Hamas and Hezbolah and others to try to work at peace. However, if they CHOOSE to remain at war they have NO RIGHT to expect America to try to put a stop to Israelis "Aggressions."

At this time the civilized world sees Israelis action as MORE than justified.

If the Middle East would like to see an end to Israel bombing the snot out of them then the Arabs and Muslims in that region need to STOP attacking Israel.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I agree with you Dg, the soldiers were the excuse .

How many soldiers are kidnapped in Palestine or killed?

How many people are taking by the Israelis from Palestine?

It is claimed that Israel have about 10 thousand prisoners in their jails.

Is double standards.

If Palestine's or anybody else take prisoners they are called kidnap and act of terrorism.

When Israel does the same they are just taking prisoners . . .

It depends you views and who do you support . . .

I, Dg and many other see it for what it is . . .

Just another attempt to incite another conflict to bring Iran to it . . .

So Lebanon is the weakest link so beat it, Israel wants its war and it is going to have it with the US behind or not.

Is all a whole bunch of bs.

Now war ships with assault equipment and capabilities are heading to Lebanon to help the US citizens get out . . .

Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!

One American women in Lebanon was on the news via phone hiden telling that is not what it seems that Lebaneese inocent people are been killed by Israeli assault.

That she has seen it with her own eyes.!!!!!!!

Yeah wars are not fair, yeah the agenda most move forward.

Now tell me if that is a lie.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

destroying the basic infrastructure of that hemmed-in captive community of a million impoverished human beings, that this had nothing to do with "rescuing" a "kidnapped" soldier, and everything with attempting to destroy the elected government of the nascent Palestinian state

??

The only reason that anything like a nascent palestinian government exists is because the israelis have opted to give it to them. It simply doesn't make sense to say that the israelis, who occupy palestine, left palestine in order to have a palestinian state, in order to occupy it.

It doesn't take much of a foreign affairs background to predict that such an all-out assault on the Palestinian people would elicit a response from the Palestinian people's closest ally, the Hezbollah movement in Lebanon, and respond Hezbollah did.

That hardly means that it was calculated to elicit such a response. Who pulled the strings hear? Hamas, by attacking Israel, they are the ones that 'had to have known' that hezbollah would attack israel in solidarity, and its syria and iran that are pulling the strings behind hezbollah, hamas, and radical militant islamist organizations.

Syria and Iran looked at lebanon and saw a state that was moving torwards having an independent government, free from israeli and syrian occupation, and moving torwards having a stable open liberal society, and decided to do something about it. Its not the 'nascent palestinian state' that was the target here, it was democratic and free lebanon that was.

I simply think that this government is constantly instigating others

Isreal is instigating hamas by....giving it gaza? They instigated hezbollah by....not being in lebanon or having anythign to do with it?>

Who's the outsider that instigated this invasion? Hezbollah. It was a matter between the palestinians and the yehudis, and hezbollah, from out of the blue, opted to attack israel, agian, and capture its soldiers. THats an act of war, and its war, or rather a very much diluted version of it, that the lebanese are experienceing now.

Its as if the "Minute Men", who patroll the US-Mexican Border, had attacked Neuva Laredo, with weapons supplied by America and Britain, of course Mexico would be right to start bombing the south. Just like the US invaded mexico to go after Pancho Villa.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I did not post this to gain votes in PTS's Popularity Contest. I read an article and i agreed with it, so i posted it.

Lets get over it and move on, shall we? After all, there's PLENTY to talk about.

Something inside me says Bush & Cheney are ecstatic. WAR!!! Why dont we just send a couple of nukes to North Korea and get it done with.

Pfffft.....DID ANYONE NOT THINK THIS WOULD SNOWBALL THROUGHOUT THE WORLD??? Plueeeze.....

As true as it is that those people have had trouble since the beginning of time, so it is true that the instigators had a hand in it.****

Another FEMA disaster- we cant even evacuate those people right.

Marg,

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I will go a litter farther on the new middle east conflict.

The first thing my husband said to me when the news of Israel attacks were on TV was . . .

More work for me and longer contracts.

Yes wars are profitable even my husband and my family benefits from it.

They are profitable for the corporate elite that rules our country.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
war is no sollution......war of anykind here will eventually cause the world to involve. here its up to good n evil. its not any country anymore, not abt mericans nor yewish nor uslims nemore, not any physical property to fight nemore. its abt good vs evil. its simple but the most complex at the same time.

u think u can escape the earth by letting others rott in it while u chill away , and u thought u would make a come back ? nopes i dont think so, things will be proven wrong, scientific laws wil be broken, and then ur head will crack, cos u will be too late to thnk anything. didnt u ever notice the time was tickin from its creation. i think the hour is near.

more than anyone else i would love to be corrected myself ? can u answer me something ?? how come there is so many earthquakes and what in the world a living dinosaur doing in africa ? in 2006 ?? how ?? i would like things like BBC CNN to clear these factors which could everntualy lead many people to a lot of conclusions.

once again sorry if i offended anyone, i am very sorry again.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by faran69
more than anyone else i would love to be corrected myself ? can u answer me something ?? how come there is so many earthquakes and what in the world a living dinosaur doing in africa ? in 2006 ?? how ?? i would like things like BBC CNN to clear these factors which could everntualy lead many people to a lot of conclusions.

once again sorry if i offended anyone, i am very sorry again.

In all seriousness the only way this world is going to end is if we cause it to end. This stuff about Armageddon and all this End of World biblical stuff is hogwash. Its the people who think its going to happen that want to see it come about. The earthquakes and tsunamis and anything else that occurs are all natural occurances. We have no historical records knowing how things were in the past or how often they occurred. The earth goes through different periods and this is probably just one of them.
Living Dinosaur??? Do you have a link to that? Its an actual dinosaur? or mythical?

Pie

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Faran,

I'd love to see the dinasaur.

Look, there are some who want war at all costs. Whatever their reasons, they want it. They want to see prophesy fulfilled. They want the end- If its going to cost me my hyde, i dont want any part of it. There's no end to the world. The only end is for the poor suckers in the firing lines. And some of those are our men and women, who went into war with a noble cause- only it turned out to be a war, to bring democracy to all.

You're going to bring democracy to people who dont want it, to people who dont comprehend it, and to people who have never known anything other than to blow each other up....right.

Condaleeza Rice will be traveling to do her Diplomacy. She's as diplomatic as my rabid dog on a hot day. She's going to go threaten and instigate, IMO. She's got orders. This is what Bush & Co. wanted, no matter how seemingly justified it looks, this is what they wanted. The "fear" is at an all time high now. Congratulations!!!!!

Dont be too surprised if submarines surprise us in the middle of the night right here in our safe heaven. "Undetected" ...... After all, many prophecies say America will be turned to dust. But that is what "they" want, isnt it?

Anyway, not everyone will die. And the world will continue. Sadly, we will have a horrible loss of life , and dont let them fool you, they want you and me dead.
It will be much easier for the NWO to rule. This is just the beginning.

AND ELECTIONS????

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree with you Dg, the soldiers were the excuse .

Who caused the excuse by kidnapping them? Sorry but Israel doesn't do this unless provoked into action by Hezbollah. No way of getting around that. Blaming Israel for responding to an attack, I'm sick of that. What's your opinion of Hezbollah attacking then taking Israeli soldiers unprovoked?

How many soldiers are kidnapped in Palestine or killed?

None on the Palestinian side, since they don't have an official army. Only Israeli soldiers are killed in Palestine.

If Palestine's or anybody else take prisoners they are called kidnap and act of terrorism.

Exactly under who's court and what charges are they being held? Do the soldiers have representation? They were in uniform and identified as soldiers of the State of Israel, were they not? What exactly are those soldiers guilty of? Give me a break.

Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join