It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss Left behind in Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Forty Swiss citizens were supposed to leave on a ship Monday to escape the Lebanese capital. Israel ordered the ship to leave early fearing they could not guarantee the ships safety at night. Only one woman and two children made it to the ship in time.
This ship did get out with nine hundred passengers, but three hundred others were left behind. Many people who want to get out of Lebanon are in a state of panic. No plan has yet been revealed on when the others will be able to get out of Lebanon.

www.swissinfo.o rg

The Greek ferry chartered by France arrived in the Cypriot port of Larnaca early on Tuesday morning.

About 900 passengers, including around 750 French, were evacuated according to French officials. Three hundred other people were due to have caught the ship but the operation was curtailed when night fell for security reasons.

Swiss foreign ministry spokesman Jean-Philippe Jeannerat confirmed that only three or four reached the port of Larnaca on Tuesday morning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We have all hear about the foreign nationals trying to get out of Lebanon. I am sure this is just one story of people trying to get out. I am glad that the nine hundred other people got out but I am concerned about the three hundred others. Many foreign nationals have already been killed in the fighting, and am sure many more will be. So I suppose it will all come done to will the governments work together just enough to get the foreign nationals out of Lebanon? Then what will be done in Lebanon citizens want out of Lebanon?

Related News Links:
www.newsday.com
www.abc.net.au
www.businessday.co.za
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

join