It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Echelon on IRC????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Recently on IRC in a chat room used for politacal and conspiracy debates we were discussing Echelon so as a joke i decided to a phrase....something like "hi to all you Echelon spies out there in cyberpimp"...now we all know cyberpimp is one of the echelon key words but thats not the worst of it. My system "crashed" and rebooted for no apparent reason, so the next day I said something about it again but instead of my system crashing i was booted of mIRC and it was shutdown....no other programs were affected.
Soon after i was hosting a party and a car arrived waayy before the party and a guy sat in the car just watching the house for about 2 hours.
I don't think it's paranoia but now i'm worried about spooks busting through the windows and kidnaping me!
Has any one had a similar experience on IRC at all?
And if you want to join the channel you can....it's on the Austnet server and the channel is #psyops

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Nah but i feel that some1 is watching me it gets me kinda paranoid cos now when ever i go out i always look behind me.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I wonder why on earth 'cyberpimp' is an eschelon keyword? that's kind of a weird one

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesite
Recently on IRC in a chat room .... system "crashed" and rebooted for no apparent reason

Sounds more like a "nuke" or a backdoor port is opened on your machine ... a few years ago when i was at college, my friends and i were always using "sub-seven", "netbus" and "back orifice" to play with people's minds. You basically get full control of a machine as far as rebooting, changing video settings, etc.
How current are the virus signatures on your virus scanner and do you have all the latest windows patches downloaded? (that's assuming that you are using windows)...

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
*rubs man beard in thought* it must have been integurl who did this to you. how else coudl she know so much?

or, integurl works for echelon and is covering for them to make you look like a computer illiterate fool and discredit your whole theory. you know they are everywhere.

or, someone booted you off mirc. and you are a paranoid freak.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It was probably a hacker man... just messing with you.
oops we can't talk about hackers.

banned

ahhhhh

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
well i have so many firewalls and the likes i highly doubt a simple hacker could get anywhere near my system files........not to mention the amount of proxies i'm running so no i don't think it was a hacker

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesite
well i have so many firewalls and the likes i highly doubt a simple hacker could get anywhere near my system files........not to mention the amount of proxies i'm running so no i don't think it was a hacker

If you are on the IRC you have certain ports open that can be exploited. period.
Beyond that, make sure your single, good firewall is up to date (you only need one) and the same goes for your virus scanner.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Nah but i feel that some1 is watching me it gets me kinda paranoid cos now when ever i go out i always look behind me.

lol i am allways looking in the reflections of shop windows ( ect ect + and doing unpredictable things ) i get people looking suspect with mobiles phones ect ect all the time..

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yep. Sounds like an IRC hacker or issues with the fan on your motherboard.

No... "cyberpimp" isn't one of the words they scan for. Someone's DEFINATELY messing with your head.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
its allways guys too around 25-40 ussually dressed cassually.. jeans t-shirt jacket kinda thing...

ussually allways about 5.9ft upwards - about 6.3ft normally about 150-230lbs..

maybe i am being really parrnoid it probably doesnt mean anything probably just normal guys out doing stuff shopping ect ect...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
its allways guys too around 25-40 ussually dressed cassually.. jeans t-shirt jacket kinda thing...

ussually allways about 5.9ft upwards - about 6.3ft normally about 150-230lbs..

Man Runner...you just described me. I wonder if I am being used to spy on you without ME knowing it??!!

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Try this
If you like it give the guy a few bucks its worth it
www.seememe.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
here is a very good free virus scan housecall.trendmicro.com...

also, get AVG6 witch is free for viruses

and get adaware for spyware and for firewall get outpost v 1.0 witch is free

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Make sure you update your irc to the newest version, IF you use mirc. There is a major flaw in the last one.

new topics

top topics

join