It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I believe a ghost is a real person but not from this reality or this dimension. Would it not be possible for another reality or dimension to sometimes bump or somehow create a tear into our present reality causing us to see a so called ghost appear. I also believe that the past, present and future exist at the exact same time in any given place. When we perceive or see things we are really observing that object or situation in the past and not the present or future, since it takes a nano second or more for the reflective light of your observation to travel to your brain to be processed and recognized. So if you see for example your dead mother, maybe your seeing them in there own time and space only that their space accidentally bumps into your space and time causing you to see them or possibly for them to see you. This is just my opinion but I believe this could be an explanation. So, any thoughts on this rather different approach to the Ghosts we see?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't know if I would say different reality. Dimension is a possiblity but I go on the theory of energy. Most hauntings take place around a life that was stolen from them. Therefore the lifeforce is restless and not ready to disperse and continues on even though the body has since been placed in the ground. Ghosts can never seem to interact well with humans and therefore would not contain matter and therefore do not belong to this realm, but energy wise would make sense due to a high concentration still bonded together.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think some ghosts are more than just replays. My grandmother had stayed at a house where a ghost girl would warn other people not to fall down the stairs. She herself had fallen down the stairs and died.
So that's them interacting with us and doing something useful. In fact for us ever to evolve a sole or after life you would assume the dead do something useful to help the living (well that was such a case).

Now regarding time travel say what you like J Ice but in the 1970's they proved all aeroplanes travel into the future. They did this by putting an atomic clock on one, and leaving another on the ground. They compared the readings and found there really is a fraction of a second difference (in line with Einsteins theory of relativity which also predicts the existance of past). It may not be possible to phyisically reach this past with current technology, or even anything which can be built by mankind. But both the past and future phyisically exist at any rate.

If the universe was a film then Cause and Effect would be the material of your position in that film, whilst where you are would be time. Cause and Effect is very different to time because you cannot travel into a future in Cause and Effect if Cause and Effect has not yet created it. Cause and Effect is controlled by the laws of phyisics, and therefore determines the speed-rate of time (as we phyisically witness it in daily life that is).

new topics

join