It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV Mic Records President Bush Swearing At G8 Summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
A private conversation between President Bush and UK Prime Minister Tony Blair was recorded by CCTV during a G8 summit dinner. The mic recorded President Bush saying "The irony is, what they really need to do is to get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this sh*t, and it's over,". The President also said that Secretary of State Rice would soon be dispatched to the region. It was PM Tony Blair who eventually noticed the mic was still live and switched it off.

news.bbc.co.uk
US President George W Bush has been caught on microphone using an expletive as he discussed Hezbollah's rocket attacks on Israel.

Mr Bush was heard telling UK Prime Minister Tony Blair privately that Syria should press the Lebanese militants to "stop doing this sh*t".

The remarks were picked up by closed-circuit TV at the G8 summit which both leaders are attending.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story smells fishy to me. I dont know why but it does. The timing of Tony Blair's discovery of the mic being live is a bit hard to swallow. If the mics are noticably "on" or "off" I find it hard to believe that they were a) left on and b) not noticed instantly.

Possible disinformation aimed at Syria and Iran? Possibly to throw them off the scent of a much wider plan to engage them both on Lebanese soil?

All that aside I find it hilarious that President Bush drops the s-bomb during high level discussions with the British Prime Minister. I also find it deliciously ironic that CCTV and Big Brother have robbed these two people of their privacy. Not nice is it lads?

[edit on 18/7/06 by subz]

[edit on 26-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

join