It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foster Care

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marclar
Remember the hurricane camp valhall visited? Remember the SYSCO truck they saw? Well that is a food company, it’s government food if you know what that is.

This is the real story of SYSCO:

SYSCO Corporation NYSE: SYY is the largest foodservice distributor in North America. It distributes frozen foods, various canned and dry foods, fresh meats, imported specialties, and fresh produce. The company also supplies various nonfood items, including disposable napkins, plates, and cups; tableware, cookware, restaurant and kitchen equipment, and cleaning supplies.

SYSCO, an acronym for Systems and Services Company, services over 400,000 customers, which include restaurants, hospitals and nursing homes, schools and colleges, hotels and motels, and industrial caterers, as well as regional and national chain restaurants.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.sysco.com...

www.sysco.com...

www.sysco.com...

www.sysco.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thank you for informing me of that. I wasn’t aware of them catering to so many different companies. Do you think I may have seen a cheaper line of their food for state or government operations? I’ll never forget those giant cans of food.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You were just getting institutional food, which by necessity comes in large containers. As for the peanut butter issue you mentioned, the oil eventually rises to the top the longer the can sets. This will happen to all peanut butter if it sets long enough, but for consumer quantities, this rarely happens and the amount of oil is proportional to the size of the container.

[edit on 2006/7/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This is along the same lines of when does, or does not, DSS overstep its bounds:

Judge Orders Teen to Cancer Treatment

After three months of chemotherapy last year made him nauseated and weak, Abraham rejected doctors' recommendations to go through a second round when he learned early this year that his Hodgkin's disease, a cancer of the lymph nodes, was active again.

A social worker then asked a judge to require the teen to continue conventional treatment. In May, the judge issued a temporary order finding Abraham's parents neglectful and awarding partial custody to the county, with Abraham continuing to live at home with his four siblings.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I wish I was aborted. It would have saved me a lot of misery. I would have rather not existed at all. If I never existed their wouldn’t be a will to live. This is honest.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marclar

Now I’m very lucky to have a wonderful fiancé and I’m very thankful.

You might have lived through difficult times, Marclar, but in my experience, the most shallow and pathetic people on the planet are those who have had no real challenges in life. Yeah, they play sports or get a few degrees, but life has never really challenged their ability to survive or their will to overcome loneliness and isolation or poverty. When you have a few years on you and you've gone through the kinds of things that life eventually throws at everyone, you are likely to look back on your difficult times as a blessing. I know I do.

[edit on 2006/7/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Imo, Family Courts and CPS are a big part of the problem with the explosion of foster care and the continuing destruction of the nuclear family, and the devaluing of fathers in particular.

This thread, although it strays afield somewhat, covers many of the relevant issues.

link

I am not an anti-feminist, and I am not trying to bash women and mothers. The problem with the foster system, imo, is it has become a revenue generating enterprise that is more about creating foster children for the money they bring in than for what is in the best interests of the child in question. Family Courts are just looking for excuses to put children in foster care, and the more needy and naive the parents are, the more they are at the mercy of the system once caught up in it.

If you can't afford a lawyer, the courts are more than willing to counsel you, but you lose your confidentiality privilege. That may not seem like such a big deal, but it ends up putting your every action under a microscope slanted toward finding fault and feeding the foster care system, not healing an ailing family. Not that divorce lawyers care much about families, either, but at least they are bound to confidentiality, and serve as a buffer between you and the insatiable system.

Why are things this way? Imo, it is because the State wants to become the primary authority figure in the lives of children at the expense of real parents, especially fathers, and there are big bucks being made off (not spent on) these kids.

The whole thing makes me sick, and concerned about the future of humanity.

Grady, with your years of experience at CPS, you may have a broader view to enlighten me with. I admit I am only speaking from my own divorce experience, and what I gathered as I watched other cases play out while I waited in court for mine to be heard. It was pretty horrible, and affected me deeply.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You're pretty much on the money. I don't think the state wants to displace the family, but there are those who want that and through political pressure they get laws passed that make the family vulnerable.

These same people push an agenda to children that sex is okay and that all you have to do is use a rubber and avoid STDs and on and on and when they have kids that they can't take care of they wind up in the system that does indeed create massive amounts of revenue.

The fact is that the system is even more twisted than you suspect. If ever there was an example of the force of evil, "child protection" is it. It's really far worse than you can imagine.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I may have been too absolute in saying the State wants foster kids. Perhaps it is more apt to say there are elements within society with great influence on the State who want the foster care system to prosper. I appreciate your clarification of that point.

In observance of your admonition against hysteria in this forum, I didn't touch in my previous post on my unsupportable concern that elements within the foster care system are feeding into the child sex trade, but after reading your response, I'm wondering even more about it.

The ramifications of that are just too horrible for me to even contemplate.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I didn't touch in my previous post on my unsupportable concern that elements within the foster care system are feeding into the child sex trade....

I don't see a trend in that direction. There are isolated incidents of that kind of abuse in the system, but nothing systemic or systematic.

[edit on 2006/8/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My experiances with Child Protection Agencies is, thankfully, limited. My exposure to neglected and abused children, unfortunately, is not. Working nights in a 24 hr. supermarket I see all sorts come through the door.

You don't know anger until you see some guy or gal dressed in the latest nice warm comgy down skijacket, and their little baby is dressed in a dirty diaper, and the temperature is 15 degrees F. Anger? You betcha. Then when their foodstamp card won't cover the milk they were going to get, instead of using the cash they brought with them to buy beer to buy the milk, "well I guess the kids just won't get their milk." and proceed to buy thieir beer. This particular incident, I bought the milk for them...got no thanks, then I called the cops. Surveillance cameras are wonderful things. Yes, indeedy-dee, there are wonderful people out there...

Obviously, protection agencies are nessecary. The people that work in these agencies are overworked, underpaid, and all too often, seriously undertrained, at least to the limit of my limited exsposure. All too often, they err on the side of keeping the family unit together, which all too often ends in one form of tragedy or another.

This is such an important issue, and needs exsposure. I have no answers for the abuses that have been mentioned by others. But maybe, with further exsposure and discussion, an answer will be found.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join