It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is beyond the bubble we call our universe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
If it is the human brain that 'conceptualises' the 'universe', I am assuming that this implies our material existence does not exist. Woud this not suggest then that the physical 'human brain' itself is simply a concept.

Furthermore, if my 'universe' is my own personal 'conceptualisation', however that may come about, how do other 'humans' fit into that scheme? Do they really exist? Is 'this' some sort of collective consciousness?

My 'head' hurts!

There is another genius call René Descartes (the word "cartesien" graph was name in his honor), who was thinking, since all of my senses could fool me (think about an optical illusion, etc.), therefore, I cannot trust them, and I cannot prove my existence.

But, then Descartes declare: "Je pense, donc je suis !" (I think, therefore, I am !)

Meaning that the shear fact that you think, is enough proof of your existence (don't need to proove the obvious).

So, we exist, that is a given.

I guess, someone, can think, that his/her entire life/existence is reveal thru your own senses, therefore, it is like your dream all of it (including the people, the places in your life, etc.) and that nothing exist except you, etc. But for me, this will be so far fetch, that the simplest thing, is to accept, that reality exist.

As far as our place, in all of this, that is another question, still searching the answer.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, to answer the original question, here's what I think.

We live in the universe, the universe is infinently large.
The universe is an infinent space in a finite object, a 4D oval.
The universe is only one of a truly infinent amount of universes located in the multiverse, subsequnetly the multiverse is infinently large, but like the universe has a finite shape, and an infinent amount of multiverses exist in the superverse, and it go's on up into infinity, and all these infinities are the Infiverse.
The universe is the smallest 'verse, so basically you have a beginning, but no ending.
For every basic point, that is 100 times smaller than a string, there is an infinent amount of universes created at every temporal point, that is right next to time being totally stopped.
All these universes have always been, as all probabilities have always beenm the univers(es) have always existed and always will exist.
The big bang was just the beginning of a phase of the universe.

Ok, now that I've totally confused myself, and probably most people who read this, I'm going to stop writing.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I you were a very very small microbe travelling into a human body, that body will look like a galaxy, a constellation, etc.

So sometimes, I phantasize that we are like that very very little microbe, travelling into this universe, if we were able to back-off at enough distance, maybe all these stars, and galaxy will start showing the real form of it all: God.

Anyway, that is a nice little story...

[edit on 24-7-2006 by PopeyeFAFL]

[edit on 24-7-2006 by PopeyeFAFL]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
row row row your boat gently down the street
merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thanx for your input Toby ... You have really influenced my way of looking at the universe

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join