It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blog HTML help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hello!

I downloaded the code and such for the blog template. I fooled around with some other things and got it the way I liked it. Now, looking through the code I -think- I see a comments section, but its not showing up when I load the actual page.

You can take a look at my blog here.

I just found out you can look at a page's code by left clicking. Hrm, you learn something everyday, huh? Anyway, I found that out after I uploaded this the text here. So, please check out one of them to see the the template.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what to change so that I can have comments posted to my blog. I would have asked the creator directly, but his link doesn't work anymore.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is not an HTML issue.

I use a different software (WordPress) but they are all very similar. There's a backend (control panel) where you logged into to post wich saves you from learning HTML.

And check out How do I enable comments on my blog? from your host's help section.

EDIT:
The creator of your site is Evan Williams, he's a rich bastard and there's no way he'll answer you emails.

Somebody just signed you up for a blooger account. (I do hope he didn't charge you)

[edit on 18/7/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

BTW, you have enough point to buy a blog account right here on ATS.

[edit on 18/7/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thanks! I think I overlooked that help file.

And I completely forgot about the ATS blogs.

Edit: I found out that settings options and I already checked "show comments" Then, I followed a few links and found that blogger was trying to inject the comment hmtl into my template, but something was missing.

Thanks!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Shaione]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'd personally recommend that you stick with your own blog - and host it yourself if you can. Aside from the superior software you're using (though I recommend WordPress), when the ATS blog system burps - and it inevitably will - everyone will lose all of their work.

Nice call on Williams, ConspiracyNut23.
That he is.

join