It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Or Shouldn't I?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If Im being canned tomorrow anyway whats the point of me showing up at work tonight for my last night of work? I'll just be miserable and upset and not able to focus on my "Job" let the other guy do it.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Why are you being canned? Downsizing?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah or something. They are considered a "non profit" and didn't meet their pledge goals (No I dont work for PBS) so I am probably gonna be the first to get axed....

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I would go and cause trouble. Not showing is going to be as bad for your reference as oh, say, peeing in the coffee machine. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I would go and cause trouble. Not showing is going to be as bad for your reference as oh, say, peeing in the coffee machine. Think about it.

Yeah good point. You should go dude.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yeah if its my last night anyway I can watch movies and crap and get the top of the hours wrong and stuff. or delete current songs. Oh wait then I really will get canned.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Im seriously debating on whether or not to bring in my ps2 tonight. If its my last night there I might as well live it up right?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It sucks you are getting canned...and I do understand the desire to just go "feck it, last night, I'm gonna be a slacker". But - heres a word of advice from experience: Employers know employers who know employers. Leave your job on a good note. Show up, on time, and do the job well. If you do a shyte job then chances are it may come back on you later in the way of references or 'word of mouth'.

Yeah...getting 'let go' blows goats man, big ol' radioactive goats...it blows them and then swallows...but I would encourage you to stay true to a good work ethic even if its your last night on the job.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well I can always think positively and say hey maybe they are giving me a promotion... nahhh nothing good has ever happened to me...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Your last night, goin, and give ATS some free airtime! Nothing could be better than seeing it now...

*Drifts off in his imagination.......*

* On PBS TV, Abovetopsecret.com flashes across screen of television, DENY IGNORANCE and BOREDOM at the same time! Now by clicking on your PC and typing these simple words on the address bar..... snaps ou of it*

Ah, maybe not, but it would still be cool.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Then I would REALLY get fired for breaking in on the air... but hey I can dream can't I? DENY IGNORANCE!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Your sposed to be gettin canned right? If you are going to be, that is what I would do. For sure and without hesitation, or a doubt. It's all you though, you can be remembered through out history as the one who made ATS go Public, or you can maintain your current income source and bide your time. Perhaps waiting for the oppertune time. The decision is all yours, just remember though, when you decide what it is that your going to do, do it with purpose. That way, even the boss won't question you.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Perhaps they know I know too much.. like with the marine gaurd receptionist.. the maze toy thing found in my car ... him knowing about my cell phone problems... its all starting to make sense. In fact I wondered why one time when my buddy freaked out when he heard my supervisors name. Perhaps they are connected some how....

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
hell, I'd go, and give a good last impression just for the reference's sake. Ya never know.

top topics

join