It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking sides........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say that most people not directly involved in this conflict have picked a side. That's the real root of the problem in the middle east, too many people around the world are willing to let them duke it out and do little to stop it. Is there really anyone out there that's neutral? I haven't read too many posts here that give me that impression. I certainly am not. I have my idealogy, and, for better or worse, I'm not sure I could look outside that prism completely.

A couple of questions.

Would this conflict happen if the other nations of the world refused to take a side?

None of the parties involved could beat the other without outside help, or could they? ( Israel depends on U.S. military aid, Hezbollah/Hamas need arms and money from Iran/Syria and political support from Russia)

It sounds sick but I think this conflict is more like a cock fight and we're all standing here with fists full of dollars waiting to see if our bird is gonna prove to be a winner. Some people will disagree with me, but I see the evidence of it everywhere.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by looking4truth

It sounds sick but I think this conflict is more like a cock fight and we're all standing here with fists full of dollars waiting to see if our bird is gonna prove to be a winner. Some people will disagree with me, but I see the evidence of it everywhere.

Your on the money 100%.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There is a great deal of truth is what you are saying. I can see points on both side of the fence. There has been a great deal of death and destruction meted out by both sides. On the one hand Isreal has the right to defend herself but by the same token (playing devil's advocate here) couldn't the same be said of Hamas and Hezbollah. It is unfortunate that this conflict has flared up again but it was never really over. I fear that there will be no peace in this region until people from both sides are able to sleep at night with no fear. What needs to happen is respect accorded to both sides in other words mutual respect. Mutual respect includes each groups' right to live, work and raise their families and Isreal's right to exsist and all of them able to do this without the fear of bullets and bombs. There are many people in the world and indeed on these boards that deny Isreal that right and others that deny that maybe just maybe the Palestinians have legitimate complaints.

I tend to agree that outside influences will keep this region inflamed and at war. Should people not involved directly step back? Probably, but that won't happen as none of us trust the others to step back either. I wish I had the answer but I fear that I don't have the wisdom of Solomon.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well if this is a cock fight and you have your dollars in your fist, let me give you a safe bet: ISRAEL

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well if this is a cock fight and you have your dollars in your fist, let me give you a safe bet: ISRAEL

I'm not sure you can say that. Maybe purely from a military stand point but honestly, how much is this doing for Israel's support worldwide? Don't you think dead Lebonese civilians do alot to help the recuiting of future attackers of Israel? The point is I don't think anyone is going to walk away unmarred in some way.

new topics

top topics

join