It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Three Major USA Enemies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Due to nuclear capability and associated risk, I vote for North Korea, Russia, and China. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And why do you think Russia is an enemy?? Isn't Bush there right now?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
America's greatest enemies: Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Romulans no klingons no definitely romulans.

I'm not so worried about nukes being used by a major power. A lot more thought about consequences like making resource rich areas of the globe radioactive for the next three hundred years goes into those decisions nowadays.

Nut cases and paranoids aside I don't see a nuclear event happening. At least not between established nations.

IMO of course.

I think Hugo Chavez is pretty bat crackers. So Venezuela forming an alliance with other like minded south american countries could be a problem. I don't know if a regime shift here would help or hinder relations.

I think China would certainly be hurt in a war with america more so than america being hurt.

We may buy a lot of our crap from china but if we were to go to war with china trade embargos and all it would be CHina who would be hurt more than us.

With the proper propaganda spin americans would have no problem spending more for american and "allied" made products. IT would also probably be a boon for the american economy as factory towns spring back to life producing the same useless things we used to buy from china.

North Korea is certainly more of a threat to South Korea, Japan and China than us. Not that North Korea would declare war on China but considering their wonky missile technology, one misfire and things could get ugly over there.

Just my two cents.

Oh and Canada. Can't trust them, sitting up there with their molson and their pancakes nope to darn friendly.

I'm putting them on the list with romulans.

Hear that canada you're on the list.

SPiderj

[edit on 7/17/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
US government is its own worst enemy. Every conflict that US participated in since WWII, has been initiated by guess who- US. Yes even 9/11 was intiated by US when it decided to intervene in Russian war in Afganistan. US sticks its nose everywhere, and is then surprised when something bites it in the nose. US would not have had so many enemies if it weren't for its own hostile foreign policy.

Strategic Nuclear targets? Everyone outside NATO that has nukes is a potential enemy (even Israel), and thus has some of the arsenal pointed their way. Simply for strategic reasons, Russia and China are of course potential enemies. India and Pakistan are also seemingly too unstable to be lax around them. North Korea and Iran cannot possibly attack mainland US with their current forces (and won't be able to for some time either). And even if they had a nuke or tow they wouldn't risk wasting it on US- they are trying to aquire them for self defense. So there is no point to aiming nukes at Iran, Syria, or North Korea, since the mighty US will be able to bomb them into submission through conventional means.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Due to nuclear capability and associated risk, I vote for North Korea, Russia, and China. What do you think?

Well, "nuclear capability and associated risk" does not make another country a great enemy. We may not be on greatest terms with China or Russia, especially after the US just blocked Russia entrance into the WTO Link , but enemies? No.

I would say North Korea, Venezuala, and Iran due to how public they are about what they think of us.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Greed, Ignorance and Apathy

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think our only enemies are radical Islamic terror groups. North Korea, Iran and Syria are major problems since they seem willing to support terror.

I don't see Russia nor China as enemies at least right now. I think we can become friendly competitors on the world market.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
How are Islamic Radicalists and terrorists such warranted threat that would cause US to point its nukes at them? What gonna happen? You will nuke Riyadh or Tehran or Damascus if there is another 9/11? Punishment to all, for the deeds of the few... A strategic threat they might be, but in no way are they a nuclear threat yet. The use of nukes is only justifiable if someone else uses them first, and no Axis of Evil or Islamic countries (besides pakistan) are capable of launching nuclear attack on US.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV

Id replace Bush for Rove. Rove is basically Bush's brain.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why must enemies exist? If they must exist, then "love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you." Matthew 5:44

The fact that enemies exist between groups of nations, nations, organizations, groups, and individuals indicates that one or both of the opposing groups lack in the capital virtues. The sins of pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, and sloth might be rampant. The opposing capital virtues of humility, liberality, brotherly love, meekness, chastity, temperance, and diligence can end this opposition and improve the world.

In cases of war, the capital sins are of an accelerated degree; prayers, actions, and deeds that are virtuous are required to an especially high degree.

Pray for the USA and each nation of the World!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
At the moment, our own government is the enemy because they are incompetent and more apathetic than WE ARE. Islamic fanatics/terrorists are enemies. I don't believe North Korea is, I think he is doing this to get some attention. China is a POTENTIAL enemy, but at the moment they really are not. And if Japan arms up again it will balance them out. And Russia, the only reason why I say they are a potential enemy is because they are very friendly with China and gives weapons to China & North Korea & Iran. No other country should be trusted. I think the only 2 countries that can be trusted for America is Canada and UK.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
RetinoidReceptor, do not bite the hand that feeds you. I have lived in the USA for 40 years and have never considered the USA government as an enemy. In fact, consider each day as an opportunity to contribute to the government. The problems I have faced in my life have been Spiritual crises that are not attributable to the USA government or any government.

If I were an alien with supernatural intelligence and compared and contrasted all the governments of the world, I would rank the USA as #1 due to its heavily Spiritually-Inspired law, medicine, military, and business. The USA would not have obtained this by luck as intense pain was suffered in climbing this ladder.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
GreatHand, the US government doesn't feed me, I feed the US government. And yes, they are incompetent and apathetic and are greedy and accept bribes. They do not look after the American people.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
USA doesnt have enemies, they create them.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Executive, The Legislative, and the Judicial Branches of Government

Followed closely by the media

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
DarkStormCrow, do you think that the Media Should have its own Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches that compete with the current one's? By analogy, a Democratic-Republican Competitive System? If so, how would this help the USA in discovering enemies and taking appropriate action?

If action is not for the greater good, thwart it.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I personally feel that the media all of them should report the news and not try and make the news, I have a problem with the media in that they helped beat the drums for the Iraq War and now that things arent going the way they like they are
making everything Bushes fault.
( I got problems with Bush myself, but given the Democrats didnt field a viable candidate what choice did the American people really have)
Everyone seems to hate Fox News which is fine, for me its nice to have a Conservative Pro America viewpoint on the tube for a change, having grown up with a totally Liberal blame America for everything especially after the Vietnam War

Some media outlets need to exercise a bit more reponsibilty in how they report.
Example I want all the facts on the Haditha situation before I condemn the Marines involved, and the same goes for the Soldiers involved in the alledged rape of the young girl and the murder of her family. The SWIFT money tracking program was a valuable program that may or may not have any value now. When members of both sides of the aisle in the Government ask that something not be exposed there might be a good reason for it.

I hate the talking heads example Coulter, Buchanon, Matthews, Scarborough, the whole lot I have come to the conclusion that most of them know exactly squat about anything. Politicians in general are Politicians because they they cant hold a real job, term limits would be great .

What America really needs IMHO is a decentralizaton of Government away from Washington and back to the state capitols.

I was getting off into a rant sorry guys I woke up on the wrong side of the keyboard this am I normally just lurk

Be Well Be Safe

[edit on 21-7-2006 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Dark Storm Crow, I agree with the balancing act. IMHO, The US has bowed to try and make EVERYONE feel like their individual want is more important than the whole and it has splintered the US so deeply now that GOD has become a nasty word and is used as a catch all for people who have values like Honor, Country, and Duty, on the other side LIBERAL is the nasty word and used for all people who have values like Individuality and social responsibility. I can be conservative and be pro abortion, I can be liberal and be anti abortion - it isn't a black and white, yes or no, check the box life. I also agree that the most severe dangers to the US are Greed and Apathy but I add lack of personal reponsibilities for one's actions. Talking about a sue happy, country of victims. It's always refreshing to read when someone stands up for their principles in the wake of Enron.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BartIV

I totally agree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join