It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easer Island and Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I was on google earth recently.. I spin the globe with my cursor in a horizontal fashion and at the point it takes to go full circle around the globe it passes the Nile delta and near the Amazon delta which was incredibly weird. IF i can recall it was almost exactly right. Now I know there is studies done by geologist and map experts, show that longitude and Lattitude works out that The Nile and Easter are on the same lines? Am I wrong in saying this. Just looking at google earth and the fault lines just north of the Island resemble a duck like bird (kiwi) maybe that's my intution playing me, but look for yourself...

Btw. Has nearly all the easer Island stones fallen at this stage?

jra

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
I was on google earth recently.. I spin the globe with my cursor in a horizontal fashion and at the point it takes to go full circle around the globe it passes the Nile delta and near the Amazon delta which was incredibly weird. IF i can recall it was almost exactly right.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're getting at. The Nile delta and Amazon Delta are not on the same latitude if that's what you were saying. Also when you spin the Earth around in Google Earth. North never stays fixed upright.

Now I know there is studies done by geologist and map experts, show that longitude and Lattitude works out that The Nile and Easter are on the same lines? Am I wrong in saying this.

Yes you are very wrong i'm afraid. The Nile Delta is North of the Tropic of Cancer and Easter Island is south of the Tropic of Capricorn. There longitude doesn't much up at all either.

Btw. Has nearly all the easer Island stones fallen at this stage?

As far as I'm aware a good number of them are still standing. But I haven't exactly checked.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
www.cnn.com..." border=0>

Source: www.cnn.com...

The Nile and Easter Island are far from being aligned.

BTW there’s no mystery regarding Easter Island. They know how they were built. (The rocks are cut-out, some are still there unfinished) And they know that moving them caused the island’s deforestation. (Cutting down all the palm trees)

However the scientists are still not sure why they were built, only that the residents built them obsessively.

[edit on 18/7/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I did hear something about they why they built the statues on Easter Island. One therory is that each one is a representation of a dead member of the society. As I said it was a therory.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yeah, supposedly the statues depict the kings they had, and the ahus, or the fundament the statues were resting on are indeed graves and tombs. the history of Easter Island is extremely interesting, but not that well known, not even to the Easter Islanders. :p

top topics

join