It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous Invisibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Has anyone else heard of this Spontaneous Invisibility?

People vanishing, but being in the room, able to see and hear others, but noone could see or hear them.

Then there is the case of Melanie in Ventura, California, who became invisible while sitting on her own living room sofa and staring at the wall, lost in her own thoughts. Her husband was walking around the house looking for her but could not see her sitting there, only several feet away from where he was walking. This lasted for approximately ten minutes, then she was suddenly visible again. Her husband was quite upset with her and thought she had been hiding from him. She assured him that she had been sitting there all along, but to this day, he does not believe her.

members.aol.com...
paranormal.about.com...
www.crystalinks.com...
www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Majestic 12]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow, how crazy! I had read one of those stories on the about.com site, where a lady said her and her son could become invisible just by wanting to. I'm not sure I believe that, but those links should make for interesting reading... who knows, anything is possible. Thanks for posting them.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
it's funny that I come across this topic. indigenous shamans from around the world often use techniques to make themselves invisible or to alter their appearance. these techniques are not so much to make them physically invisible or physically different, at these techniques seem to fool the minds of those people around them. it would be similar to how many people that believe in the reptilian agenda claim the reptilian brainwash or use PSP to confuse our minds.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
there was a episode of like x files i think aloong time ago about a vietnam vet that learne gurilla tactics fron the vietcong an could go invisible with some technique where if u stared right at him u wouldnt see him an u only saw him out of the corner of your eye

GSA

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm posting because I annoy the living hell out of my husband when i do this and cannot control it - it just happens when im totaly relaxed and whiling away the day.
I'll explain.

Ill be sat reading / watching telly and get lost in my thoughts, and the world goes like a big mosaic, all digital squares and extremely bright. This scares the living bells out of the hubby because he can not only feel it but also SEE it around me - his words are that the space around me pulses / goes all shimmery and he feels theres some thing really nasty about to happen at any second.... i admit it does scare me when it happens because it actually feels like im going to fall out of the world.

strange? yes indeed it is, but its happened since i was a little girl, and I have learnt to live with it, including the ear bashing from my mum about being away with the pixies again!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I have heard or read 3 occasions on this invisibility.
My sources are not available but if researched, it could answer some credibility.

1. In the Bible, when Jesus was being followed by the angry crowd after He expressed his fury at the market place next to the temple.

2. When the Nazi were rounding up for all religious members and former Pope John Paul II was just right there kneeling and praying and the Nazi did not even see or hear him.

3. When the Atomic Bomb was dropped in Hiroshima and 10 monks were not even affected by any radiation even though their location is within the radius of the explosion. Until now this still remain a mystery where scientist exhausted their findings.

Any feedback or explanation is gladly appreciated.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Can you post some links to the 10 monks in Hiroshima story?

Thanks!

GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
pope John paull II was and is touched and embraced by God.

i'll never forget the day he blessed us when we saw him - Our friend translated it to ' blessings from the highest truth' He was a totaly special human who was touched by God himself.

And no, im not Catholic, but I do think he was very very special.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think this has something to do with using your own mind to basically mask your energy signature from other people. people can't seem to sense your energy signature they may not even notice that you're there

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
There were only 8 monks not 10. There is a book which explain more in details. I just could not find my copy.

External Source:

www.spiritdaily.org...

(google: type in 'jesuits hiroshima')

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
yes i have heard of this happening before. Very interesting and curious.

Would like to be able to do it.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff

(google: type in 'jesuits hiroshima')

i did -- and guess what :

it is a debunked urban myth

what a suprise

as the article says -- where is the church ?? structures that survived have become iconic images -- the A-dome springs to mind , but NO church .

ignorant_ape - iconoclast at large

new topics

top topics

join