It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesnt the world hate the Russians?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The Soviet Union did so many bad things to the middile east and why dont they hate them. I want to hear your opinions why the world hates America instead of the Russians b/c America was supposed to be the good guys with helping Europe but I hear Europeans going on about how America is bad. Well your nations wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for the US. I forgot the name of the thing that the US did to help the economies for Europe but thats why you have your nations, they could of never recovered and be like they are now if the US havent helped them. You owe us some thankings.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As in the world do you mean the Muslims???
Because if this is the case its simple. Yes Alquaeda probably still hates the Russians but most of the Muslims don't care. The reason is because the Russians don't aid and support their mortal enemy, Israel.

Although if it makes you feel any better, I hate the Russians.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One word.

Vodka

and cause of all the Oil and Gas

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just a wild guess, but I don't recall Russia saying things like this:

Originally posted by wildcat
You owe us some thankings.

to the rest of the world every time someone looks at them funny. Most people don't like having things held over their head for 60 years or so. That might have something to do with it.

Of course, there is the possibility that Russia is saying this and I just don't understand them.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
The Soviet Union did so many bad things to the middile east and why dont they hate them. I want to hear your opinions why the world hates America instead of the Russians b/c America was supposed to be the good guys with helping Europe but I hear Europeans going on about how America is bad. Well your nations wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for the US. I forgot the name of the thing that the US did to help the economies for Europe but thats why you have your nations, they could of never recovered and be like they are now if the US havent helped them. You owe us some thankings.

That's actually pretty easy. Russia didn't back and arm Israel, they did back and arm other countries in the region. Kinda hard to diss a friend.

As to the BOLD, I suggest that you read a history book NOT written in the US(there's probably some good ones written there to BUT....), REALLY, check out WW2 history from a logical standpoint, not RAH, RAH, RAH. THEN you'll see the light.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
As to the BOLD, I suggest that you read a history book NOT written in the US(there's probably some good ones written there to BUT....), REALLY, check out WW2 history from a logical standpoint, not RAH, RAH, RAH. THEN you'll see the light.

Not written in the U.S.?
How about just getting books are that are scholarly when discussing about the Soviet Union and now then Russia's foreign policies.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Not written in the U.S.?
How about just getting books are that are scholarly when discussing about the Soviet Union and now then Russia's foreign policies.

I'm not getting into a he said/she said thread but what's your point?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Also most Europeans know the reality that Russia had more to do with stopping Hitler, and thus saving Europe, than the U.S. did.

But Russia doesn't keep telling us how they saved our arses like the US tries to do.

The U.S. didn't join WWII to save Europe, they did it to make money.

And as far as owing some 'thankings' that was just completed last year when the UK's war dept to the US was finaly paid off. So thankyou, and now get lost, we owe you no more!

[edit on 17/7/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I'm not getting into a he said/she said thread but what's your point?

You assume about the U.S. written books are shedding light about how the U.S. was fighting a good fight in WW2, I won't deny about that, however you mentioned how if you want somebody to read books about the U.S. involvement in WW2, then the scholarly books written in the U.S. would be considered appropriate without having to express disgust about American written books that are being bias or patriotic.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Also most Europeans know the reality that Russia had more to do with stopping Hitler, and thus saving Europe, than the U.S. did.

But Russia doesn't keep telling us how they saved our arses like the US tries to do.

Tell that to FDR.
I'm certain he would be disgusted by your comments. Remember FDR's Lend Lease Act? Remember FDR's ordering American destroyers to attack any U-boats spotted. FDR wanted America to get involve, however most of the American people were still isolationists.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Tell that to FDR.
I'm certain he would be disgusted by your comments. Remember FDR's Lend Lease Act? Remember FDR's ordering American destroyers to attack any U-boats spotted. FDR wanted America to get involve, however most of the American people were still isolationists.

You think I care what FDR thinks?
Lend lease act? That's what the UK just got done paying for right?

Be it enacted by the Senate add House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That this Act may be cited as "An Act to Promote the Defense of the United States"

www.history.navy.mil...

An act to defend the US, not help Europe.

Of course most didn't want to go to war, do we ever? It's always the gov, through corporations who really dictate policy, that rally for war. Can you say dollars?

As for the orders to sink German U-Boats. The order was for any German U-Boat in American waters. Hmmmmm could he have been trying to push Germany to declare war on the US??? I think so!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
uboat.net...

The Lend-Lease Act was approved in March 11, 1941 by the Congress. This act gave President Roosevelt almost unlimited freedom in directing supplies, tanks, aircraft and ammunition to the war effort in Europe without sacrificing US neutrality at that time. One of the aspects of the Lend Lease Act were SAM ships, Liberty ships lent to Britain.

When the war had ended the Lend-Lease programme had extended over $41 billion in aid to more than 40 nations (some sources say the aid was as high as $50 billion). Britiain got the biggest share or roughly $30 billion and the Soviets about $11 billion. China got $1 billion.

Less than $10 billion of that aid was ever repaid, making this appear more like the donation and support it really was.

Lend-Lease assistance to the USSR
Lend-Lease was the most visible sign of wartime cooperation between the United States and the Soviet Union. About $11 billion in war matériel was sent to the Soviet Union under that program. The program started 3 months after the German invasion of USSR in June, 1941.

Additional assistance came from U.S. Russian War Relief (a private, nonprofit organization) and the Red Cross. About seventy percent of the aid reached the Soviet Union via the Persian Gulf through Iran; the remainder went across the Pacific to Vladivostok and across the North Atlantic to Murmansk. Lend- Lease to the Soviet Union officially ended in September 1945.

Joseph Stalin never revealed to his own people the full contributions of Lend-Lease to their country's survival, but he referred to the program at the 1945 Yalta Conference saying, "Lend-Lease is one of Franklin Roosevelt's most remarkable and vital achievements in the formation of the anti-Hitler alliance."

Lend-Lease matériel was welcomed by the Soviet Union, and President Roosevelt attached the highest priority to using it to keep the Soviet Union in the war against Germany. Lend-Lease helped the Soviet Union push the Germans out of its territory and Eastern Europe, thus accelerating the end of the war. With Stalin's takeover of Eastern Europe, the wartime alliance ended, and the Cold War began.

Should also remember that the Lend Lease Act is the beginning of scrapping America's neutraility. You don't do this unless you want to get involve a war and antagonize the enemy. I'm certain Hitler had something to say about this. Let me find it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
We wanted an excuse to go to war, so we let pearl harbor happen. It was awful how the government took advantage of it's military that day. On the upside, and very sour upside it was, because of the war we rose out of the great depression.

So back on Topic, why don't we all hate the russians, it's because everyone is too busy hating america. We are what's in the recent memory of hatred. There is still underlying hatred of the russians but we are on the menu right now. In 20 years when someone else pisses off the middle east, we will be on the back burner and a new hatred will form.

-ADHD

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

As for the orders to sink German U-Boats. The order was for any German U-Boat in American waters. Hmmmmm could he have been trying to push Germany to declare war on the US??? I think so!

American waters? You look at the history books and you realize American destroyers were attacking U-boats half way in the Atlantic ocean before Pearl Harbor.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The world doesn't hate Russia or China or any other country as much as the US, because American culture & news is EVERYWHERE. I went to Holland, yes Holland, and I saw McDonalds, newspapers with Brangelina, and yes, get this, issues about the Mexican & American border. Other people don't really know what Russia and others are doing. And some people feel threatened and jealous by American cultural "imperialism" as many call it. Yet you don't see the people refusing American culture right?

Also many people in other countries have an altered view about Americans that we are stupid, lazy, and arrogant. Of course they get that from most of their shows and propaganda such as "Talking to Americans" in Canada. Or a comedy show CNNN in Australia. They pick many many people and then only take the stupidest ones who don't know anything. Some comments on these shows range from "wow Americans are so f'ing stupid", "haha and they are a superpower". Yet there are some foreigners who do admit that you could do that ANYWHERE and find answers like that. Of course America is the only country with propaganda and one sided views right?

How can you hate other countries when you don't even know that much about what they are doing?

Oh well what are ya going to do? Let them talk bad about America and Americans, I will be sure to bury my face in my pillow and cry over it for sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Also many people in other countries have an altered view about Americans that we are stupid, lazy, and arrogant. Of course they get that from most of their shows and propaganda such as "Talking to Americans" in Canada.

At least 85% of the programming in Canada is American.

Also a good piece of info to have: Talking To Americans was a feature on a Canadian political satire show. Rick Mercer, the guy who did it, hates Americans so much he asked to have his Gemini (Canadian Emmy) nominations for the segment revoked because the award show was going to be aired two months after 9/11. He felt it would be inappropriate to make fun of Americans at such a time. What a jerk, eh?

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

American waters? You look at the history books and you realize American destroyers were attacking U-boats half way in the Atlantic ocean before Pearl Harbor.

That was the order, American waters. What happened elswhere is irellivant.
The order was designed, much like Pearl Harbor, as a way to get into the war.
Just like 9-11. Without some forced provication, the population wouldn't except it.

Do you really think that FDR wanted to join the war so badly to help Europe?
WWII is what helped make America the super power it is...

War is profitable, and the US needed all it could get in 1940...

This is why America is hated, you don't even understand your own history.
You never do any thing wrong. Everything you do is for the good of the world.
America never does things for personal gain...

And BTW I've lived in the US for 17 yrs now and it doesn't take a TV show to see that the average American is not that smart, or aware of reality

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Also many people in other countries have an altered view about Americans that we are stupid, lazy, and arrogant. Of course they get that from most of their shows and propaganda such as "Talking to Americans" in Canada.

At least 85% of the programming in Canada is American.

Also a good piece of info to have: Talking To Americans was a feature on a Canadian political satire show. Rick Mercer, the guy who did it, hates Americans so much he asked to have his Gemini (Canadian Emmy) nominations for the segment revoked because the award show was going to be aired two months after 9/11. He felt it would be inappropriate to make fun of Americans at such a time. What a jerk, eh?

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Duzey]

Um nobody said he was a jerk, and I was aware of what he did. What I did say, is it [the show] influences American people's images negatively. Which it does. And it is biased.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

And as far as owing some 'thankings' that was just completed last year when the UK's war dept to the US was finaly paid off. So thankyou, and now get lost, we owe you no more!

Are you stupid? PEARL HARBOR! if that didnt happen we would probably be nuetral like we wanted to but its the Japs fault for us bombing them. If you Japs didnt attack us we would of never built the bomb but Hitler would and then Stalin would find it and then US will then have to build the bomb.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Do you really think that FDR wanted to join the war so badly to help Europe?
WWII is what helped make America the super power it is...

War is profitable, and the US needed all it could get in 1940...

This is why America is hated, you don't even understand your own history.
You never do any thing wrong. Everything you do is for the good of the world.
America never does things for personal gain...

And BTW I've lived in the US for 17 yrs now and it doesn't take a TV show to see that the average American is not that smart, or aware of reality

How about you read a couple of books about prior to WW2, including primary and secondary sources as to how the U.S. got involve. You can especially be interested in FDR's motives as to why he wanted the U.S. involve in a war against Germany. Now it wouldn't matter if FDR wanted America in a war since Japan decided to pick that decision for us, and Hitler declare war against us even though it was Japan that attacked us anyways. Also remember FDR's agreement with Churchchill after the war started that Europe was important first then Asia. I am aware of America's history since I am major in historical studies of arts and humanities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join