It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rennes-le-Chateau!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I recently acquired a second hand copy of D. Wood's book Genesis.

I have read most of it now but am TOTALLY confused! Is this for real???

It sounds SO incredible and so 'proof' packed that I am inclined to believe it but the implications are awesome!!!

If it is at all true then why don't we hear about it more here at atsnn?

Just to explain a little about what the book claims:

There is an IMMENSELY accurate and complexe geometric figure made up of landmarks and buildings in the Rennes valley in the south of France. The figure depicts the myth of Isis and is SO precise and complexe that it COULD NOT POSSIBLY be coincidence.

Its existence spells disaster for our concept of history and seems to validate, almost too well, the umerian myths with the Elohim. This is all very much linked to the Templars who seem to be have been custodians of the knowledge contained withtin the figure!

If anyone wants to know more there is a very long introduction to the book if you look it up on google, its one the first results you get for 'genesis david wood'

All information would be greatly appreciated and there is also perhaps a link to the Oak Island mystery!!!! Any ideas? Or quastions even!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Valhall had a really good Post awhile back. Has some real good research and hypothesis. Check that thread out.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thank you for the link!

Glad to see that there has been discussion on the subject!

Will know better for next time!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I missed your reference to Oak Island in your first thread. You may be interested to know that digging may soon resume on the island. Digging had stopped years ago due to the two primary owners not being able to come to an agreement on where to dig. Well, they liquidated this Spring and the person(s) that bought it plan to resume digging.

This site is pretty much the hub of anythink Oak Island related.

I'm up in the air as to anything being buried there. I can't wait for digging to resume. Very interesting Indeed.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kupios
I recently acquired a second hand copy of David Wood's book 'Genesis'.

I haven't read this book yet, even though I'm totally captivated by the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery. Can you encapsulate some of the main points that Genesis hits?

My favourite author has been Henry Lincoln on the topic of that mystery and in his book 'Key to the Sacred Geometry'. Mr Lincoln speaks well of David Woods to a degree but accuses him of stoppping short.

I hope you'll find a copy of 'Key to the sacred Geometry' as well as 'The Templars' Secret Island' and read then for comparisons' sake.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
As life would have it, I happened to go to Rennes Le Chateau a few weeks ago. Father Sauniere's house was rather interesting, as was the tower and the garden and greenhouse.
The residents of the town all were aware of the signifigance of the place, and most seemed like they had a part of a secret.
I think probably that it is the place that Enki went into the earth rather unwillingly, and that the Magdalene was buried, rather willingly and ironically.
The view was terrific. It made you understand why the watchers liked the location so much.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I recently acquired a second hand copy of D. Wood's book Genesis.

I have read most of it now but am TOTALLY confused! Is this for real???

It sounds SO incredible and so 'proof' packed that I am inclined to believe it but the implications are awesome!!!

If it is at all true then why don't we hear about it more here at atsnn?

Kupios, I have a first edition copy of 'Genisis' (please note correct spelling).

It was published in 1985. 10 years later James M. McCampbell published "Awesome Secret from Rennes-le-Chateau" which includes even more detailed information. I was fortunate enough to have Jim as a good friend and spent many hours going over his research at his home in San Francisco. I have Limited Edition No. 5 of 'Awesome Secrets' personally signed by Jim. Unfortunately over the years I have lost contact with Jim McCampbell, he would be well into his 80's now.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Masqua, I think johnlear would be far better at giving you a brief synopsis of 'Genisis' (spelling noted johnlear, thenk you!).

The book is immensely complicated in its detail and provides extremely deep analysis of myth and includes some mathematical complexities I have trouble following (both geometry and literary mathmatical equivalents). If you are interested at all in Rennes-le-Chateau then you MUST read this book! Its beyond comprehensive, its mind boggling!!

Johnlear, being a friend of McCanpbell's is an extraordinary thing! Could you please, if its not too much bother, in the name of truth, tell Masqua about Gensis and give us your own take on the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery? I would most interested to hear your thoughts and hope to find in them a little guidance as to understanding Genisis myself. Not that it is badly explained or poorly written, it is excellent I think in both respects, but it as an awesome collection of thoughts and ideas and analyses that are hard to look at as one bulk!

Here is a llink to an introductory synopsis of Genisis,

www.planetarymysteries.com...

[edit on 20/7/06 by Kupios]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I will definately have a look at this

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Here is a llink to an introductory synopsis of Genisis,

www.planetarymysteries.com...

thanks for that link, Kupios
...it's a great synopsis. I'll be looking for a copy after reading that. I'll likely find it in Toronto while I'm there this weekend.

I'm looking forward to John Lear's thoughts on this too.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I remember Jim McCampbells extraordinary geometrical finds in Poussin's Les Bergers d'Arcadie and his knowledge of how painters of the era hid data. I do remember that the exact angles of the staff's, the angle of the arms, the direction each person was looking all had a hidden meaning. McCampbell used Poussin's Self-Portrait (Louvre) and The Temptation of St. Anthony, David Tennier, the younger (Museo del Prado) were a few of the paintings he used both in 'Awesome Secrets' and for the book he planned to write: Apollo's Message - A New View of History. His theme was the influence of Gods upon western civilization.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I remember Jim McCampbells extraordinary geometrical finds in Poussin's Les Bergers d'Arcadie and his knowledge of how painters of the era hid data. I do remember that the exact angles of the staff's, the angle of the arms, the direction each person was looking all had a hidden meaning. McCampbell used Poussin's Self-Portrait (Louvre) and The Temptation of St. Anthony, David Tennier, the younger (Museo del Prado) were a few of the paintings he used both in 'Awesome Secrets' and for the book he planned to write: Apollo's Message - A New View of History. His theme was the influence of Gods upon western civilization.

So many researchers, so much good information, so many clues...and, sadly, yet no resolution.

Without delving into Lincolns studies regarding the Poussin painting, I'd like to quote from two of his books. In the first quote, he mentions David Wood efforts, to which I alluded to in an earlier post as having some shortcomings. This excerp should explain:

from Key to the Sacred Pattern by Henry Lincoln (St Martins Press)

(regarding a communication to Lincoln from Wood and related on P. 178)

Here, for the first time, were findings which fell squarely into the category of 'the demonstrable and provable'. More exciting still, the new discovery was geometric and pentagonal. His cartographic skill had enabled him to move the investigation into a new dimension. it was now clear that my discovery of the Pentangle of Mountains was but the first glimpse of something much more complex. Here was proof that there had been a conscious and highly skilled geometric plan, which governed the placing of certain structures in the Rennes-le-Chateau landscape.

I was happy to write a Foreword to his book Genisis, which was published in 1985, even though I was bound to say that I could not accept his conclusions, which were that the extraordinary ingenuity of the work implied an intelligence that was, in some sense, 'superhuman'. These conclusions worried me, as they crossed from the certain to the subjective and I could not follow him down this path.

His mathematics and geometry, however, were impressive and seemed to be a logical extension of the pathway upon which I had already stumbled. To my six demonstrable and provable facts, I could now add a seventh. David Wood had identified pentagonal geometry associated with a circle of churches and castles.

-wee snip to P 180-

In 1994 David Wood published Geneset, a further exploration of the pentacle which he had discovered. But, to my astonishment, although he was able o indicate in my account of the extension to his discovery, he continued completely to ignore the new findings. However, his Circle of Churches is not the only Circle of Churches in the Rennes-le-Chateau area. His accurate alignments are not the only accurate alignments. One cannot regret that, with his unquestioned mathematical expertise, he has chosen to turn his back on anything but his own -admittedly beautiful- fragment of the geometry. Were he to bring his skills (which I lack) to the greater mystery, I am convinced that he could extend the boundaries of our knowledge yet further.

To understand the direction which Lincoln has taken in this, I'd like to respond to McCampbells proposed theme, 'the infuence of Gods upon Western civilization' (thanks for that, John Lear), by quoting from another Lincoln/Haagensen book;

from The Templars Secret Island by Erling Haagensen and Henry Lincoln (Cassell & Co)

P. 130

Knowledge...Baphomet...Sophia... The Wisdom worshipped by the Templars was precious to them and to their mentors. And not only to them. They knew how priceless was the gift which they had inherited and which they had to pass on. They knew it had tobe protected for the generations yet to come. They knew that others must be taught the nature and the use of their bequest.

But the world in which they lived was essentially one of ignorance. The vast majority of human beings were superstitious, illiterate, untaught. The miniscule handful who were capable of understanding and using the treasure, lacked even books in which to disseminate their knowledge. Besides- that knowledge was sacred. It attempted to understand and define the workings og Gods creation and so it was not lightly to be shared, It was guarded. Therefore, solis sacerdotibus - only for the initiated.

But - why build a pattern of churches? we must attempt an explanation - though this can be no more than our own personal and subjective reading of the enigmatic facts of Bornholme and of Rennes-le-Chateau. Future discoveries will, inevitably, amend or augmend the hypothesis, just as our earlier hypotheses have been altered by the Bornholme layout.

It seems to us that the origin of this body of knowledge will be found to lie in a more distant past than we can yet glimpse. But the shape and the significanse of the mathematics and geometry by which it is defined must have been part of a continuing, secret tradition over many generations. At some remote time, the extraordinary coincidence of the rennes-le-Chateau Pentacle of Mountains was recognised. Here, then, on earth, was the sacred place which resonated with the Music of the Spheres. Here, God-given, was the pattern of Nature.

(Bolding mine)

[edit on 20-7-2006 by masqua]

[edit on 20-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
His theme was the influence of Gods upon western civilization.

So would this then suggest, that the Mythic Dieties, would be considered more Mythos (Truth) than Fabrications?

I understand another eleven such sites that are in an alignment of some design, and of course, there are the other associated attributes with some fairly unique Origins.

Some apocryphal versions of the story of Cain proclaim that he was the son of Adam and Lillith, not Eve. Before becoming Adam’s first wife, Lillith had been the consort of God before coming to Earth as a fallen angel. The full details of her story are probably too well-known to bear repeating here, but it is interesting that of the two alternate traditions concerning Cain’s parentage, both involve the Luciferian Nephilim bloodline. Also of interest is the fact that the lily is known to have taken its name from Lillith, and the heraldic device emblematic of this bloodline is the fleur-de-lys (widely accepted as symbolic of the lily). Could not this symbol, viewed within this context, in fact be the Flower of Lillith?

The Lillith/Samael connection is also pertinent in regards to our investigation because both Lillith and Samael are traditionally held to be the parents of the demon Asmodeus.1 Not only is Asmodeus the dominant image (shown mirroring Christ) in Rennes-le-Chateau, he is said to have played the central role in building the Temple of Solomon, the edifice from which the Knights Templar took their name. The recurrence of this strange figure in Grail lore has long perplexed observers, yet it would appear that both he and the descendants of Cain may in fact have shared a kindred ancestry. It is even said in some traditions that it was Asmodeus whom Moses called upon to part the Red Sea, and not God. Though portrayed as a demon or devil figure, his name reveals that he may not always have been viewed as such, for “Asmodeus” translates simply to “the Lord God.” (“Ashma” means “lord”, and “deus” means “god.”)

It seems this site (Rennes-le-Chateau) has connotations being infered in it's basic construction, and pictified in the type of habitants that frequented these places.

It is also noted of some further coincidences with a common theme.

One cannot but admit that Cain seems to have engendered his own tradition, as evidenced in a strange Gnostic sect called the Cainites (named after the race of Cain’s descendants). Like the Carpocrateans, the Cainites believed that no one could be saved except by “making the journey through everything.” Epiphanius describes them as a group “consecrating... lustful or illegal acts to various heavenly beings” as a sort of sacrament. Interestingly, many scholars compare them to Satanists.

The extent to which the Merovingians knew of these alternate traditions is uncertain. Whether or not they believed in them is more uncertain still, yet it remains likely that they both knew about these traditions and took them quite seriously. To this very day, the coat of arms of the capital of the Merovingian empire, Stenay, bears an image of the Devil. In fact, the original name of Stenay was “Satanicum.” And the area Rennes-le-Chateau also contains many geographical references to the Devil. In addition to the Asmodeus statue at the church, there is an ancient stone monument in Rennes-le-Bains called “the Devil’s Armchair”, and there are hundreds of years worth of local legends pertaining to the appearance of the Devil on numerous occasions.

Heres the Link this is from.

www.thevesselofgod.com...

For a Readers Digest sort of overview, maybe? It's a quick read, and covers very many different areas, which is all related, at least according to some specific people, anyways. (People who actually have power)

And the Past info in ATS is quite overwelming. Valhall has done an Excellent Job in the many different areas, trying to bring this all together.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
COULD SOMEONE CREATE A NEW THREAD WITH THIS REVELATIONS ?I CAN'T DO IT.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

top topics

join