It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christians seek political power?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
*snort*

In that case, get rid of the Athiest Zealot as well. Most of them have an agenda AND a mad on for Christians of any sort.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted by jlc163
*snort* In that case, get rid of the Atheist Zealot as well. Most of them have an agenda AND a mad on for Christians of any sort.

No, Mr J3, I am perfectly happy with America’s "main stream" Protestantism. Those people are tolerant - a notion not well received by any Right Wing Religionist - and are content to go about doing what they perceive to be the teachings of Jesus. Quietly.

I wonder what would happen if we took a magical balance and put Christianity’s “Good” on one side, and its abundant “Bad” on the other side, which would weigh heaviest?

Or, how many atheists have you seen burning someone at the stake for disagreeing with him? Sincere Christians ought to walk around with their hats in their hands asking for “forgiveness” for their predecessors past misdeeds.

[edit on 7/23/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Politics and religion dont mix.

They are, and should be totally different entities. Look at this world. Look at this administration. Need we say more?

Whatever happened to separation of Church and State? Oh, and BTW, i'm Catholic and i RESENT the pope getting it on with politics as well.

Its a totally different world.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Not burn at the stake.

I'm related to one, through marriage, who repeatedly raped his daughter and his neices because it was a biblical thing to not "know" your relatives. his "plitical power" extended
to isolating his neighborhood.

I've read many media articles on Cerial rapists/killers who claimed to be Athiest.

I've known of a few others who deliberately go out of their way to ruin some Christian's reputation, while that Christian has done nothing to them. (literally) Most high up in the political/ scientific side of education.

Hitler. Not quite Athiest, but not for any known religion other than maybe something close to The Ring Cycle done by Wagner.

my point: There's some horrible things done by Christian leaders. There are equally horrible things done by men who deliberately set out to be leaders against religion. Evil men, no matter their faith or lack of, need to never be in Government.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
the burnt at the stake argument is tiresome.

Most of this happened in the middle ages. Ignorance was everywhere, there was no technology. People learn from their mistakes.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
On another ATS thread about Assisted Suicide, a number of “persons of faith” - some special class - dispute whether one should have assisted suicide, as in the case of Dr. Kevorkian who by the way, is up for parole in Michigan. Why not write to Michigan asking them to let this man out? A prisoner of conscience.

Anyway, what in this whole world could be more private than suicide? The killing of one’s self.

Just as I cannot comprehend on what grounds any person and especially one who claims to be under the impulse of religion - love - would deign to impose his will on others is something I cannot accept.

If you don’t like abortions, don’t have one. If you don‘t like suicide, don’t do it. What’s so hard about that?

[edit on 7/23/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted by jlc163

I've read media articles on serial rapists killers who claimed to be atheists. I've known of a few others who deliberately go out of their way to ruin some Christian's reputation . . “ [Edited by Don W]

Well, J3, you must be reading Pat Robertson’s handouts. In all seriousness, I’m not aware of what you speak of. That does not make it untrue, just shows you and I read different papers. I have FOX out of my tv, and can say with some pride I have never read the Washington Times. There are too few hours in a week to waste time.

Hitler. Not quite Atheist

Actually, you know there is a Catholic doctrine that says a saint is a person who has an excess of goodness in his or her Heavenly account, which is accessible to those on whose behalf prayers are offered. Adolph Hitler was baptized as a Catholic, confirmed and took his first communion. Sure, he went awry, but it is still within Catholic doctrine that you may see Hitler in Heaven! Some Protestants urge the doctrine of “once saved, always saved” so this is not a Catholic thing only. Hello Hitler, hello Mussolini. Hello Francisco Franco and etc.

my point: Evil men, no matter their faith or lack of, need to never be in Government.

Right.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Is this good for the nation? Or just an attempt to push ideologies.

From what we've seen in the last five years, I would have to say that when any one group consolidates power (the way BushCo. has), it is not good for the nation.

As a Christian, I'm truly aghast at what I see the right wingnuts trying to pull through the Republican party. They, along with the NeoCons, are destroying the GOP. I will not vote for another Republican until sanity has been restored within the party.

The constitution is clear on the issue of law and religion in our society. There is a separation between church and state. I personally believe that is for the best and should not be tampered with. For any religion.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That is my point ECK and everybody, I think that with this present administration Religion became like the main issue, like every Republican leader could not be Christian enough.

If that what the average citizen wants? a Good Christian leader that goes to church and preaches during his free time but at the same time is screwing the nation with bad policies and war?

Is that Christian enough and a duty of a good Christian politician?

I don't get it you know.

Actually is just politicizing religion and make it seem dirty and bad after the corruption found with so many of the so called Christian political leaders

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Posted In Error

[edit on 7/24/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
this sounds like patrick henry college

a college that is essentially teaching it's students to slowly turn the united states into a theocracy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join