It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some photoes and economic statistics of China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by google_abcd
-I am not coming here to answer your questions. Just want to show some photos of China. Also, you are neither my manager nor my boss, why do I need to answer your questions?

Wow, a bit standoffish, aren't you? While I am neither your "manager" nor your "boss," you're obviously showing off these pictures in hopes that you can win some Western minds over to support (or at least accept) China in a positive light. Obviously, these pretty pictures aren't doing the trick on all of us (like your real manager or boss probably said they would) and so if you want to get me to change my opinion on your country you're going to have to do a lot more.

Besides, you do seem very well informed on the feats of your country, so why is it so hard to just answer the questions?

-There are tons of answers that favor you in the internet, just google the "Tian An Square, 89" keyword and view the photos you like, ok?

Ah, so well why does this thread even exist then? If I wanted to see pictures of downtowns of various Chinese cities couldn't I have just as easily used Google or another search engine to find them? You just defeated the purpose of your own thread!

-I argue with other Chinese people in the xinhua forum everyday. However, the topics we argue are like which province gets the highest GDP growth rate this quartor/year, which city has the tallest building and fastest subway, in which area people have the highest personal income and highest education rate.

Right, I'm sure you do... You've already told us here at ATS where the tallest TV tower is and where the fastest subway is. Those are simple facts that could probably be found with Google, so what is there to argue about?

Communist? Capitalism? CCP? KMT? who cares....
As long as it is good for China's economic, then it is good.

Ah, so the near billion starving, impoverished, and suffering people in your country are alright? Odd, that is...

I really don't see why you can't answer some simple questions about your country. You seem to be swelling with pride for it, so I would have assumed that you would have been more than eager to answer (or at least have some disinfo spin for) them for them... But, hey, if my questions and comments are too hard hitting you to handle (or you're not allowed to) could always ignore me.

Originally posted by toolman
It is only a matter of time until taiwan and China reunite.

Again, how? Why? To what ends? You can say that all you want, but it doesn't mean it is true. Where is the evidence to back that up?

Historically the USA chooses the wrong side to ally itself with, so it is not surprising.

That comment just cracked up me up big time. I seem to remember a certain country being bailed out of a Japanese invasion in the late 1930s and through the 1940s by the USA...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The following rules only apply to the Chinese in ATS
-If someone posts some photoes or information about the good part of China, then this guy must be hired by CCP or China gov, for sure, no exception. In additional, they are all brain washed.
-When you post something good about China, everyone blames you "Hey, how come you forget the poverty and the rural areas in China, shame on you!CCP Agent!"
-However, when you post something "bad" about China, everyone seems to be happy "Good job, man"
-If someone wants to be trusted by other people, they must blame CCP or China gov first.

As I said, I don't care which party, which government, or who leads China.
As long as they can give China 12%(The more, the better) GDP growth rate per year,I am OK with them.

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by google_abcd
-I am not coming here to answer your questions. Just want to show some photos of China. Also, you are neither my manager nor my boss, why do I need to answer your questions?

Wow, a bit standoffish, aren't you? While I am neither your "manager" nor your "boss," you're obviously showing off these pictures in hopes that you can win some Western minds over to support (or at least accept) China in a positive light. Obviously, these pretty pictures aren't doing the trick on all of us (like your real manager or boss probably said they would) and so if you want to get me to change my opinion on your country you're going to have to do a lot more.

Besides, you do seem very well informed on the feats of your country, so why is it so hard to just answer the questions?

-There are tons of answers that favor you in the internet, just google the "Tian An Square, 89" keyword and view the photos you like, ok?

Ah, so well why does this thread even exist then? If I wanted to see pictures of downtowns of various Chinese cities couldn't I have just as easily used Google or another search engine to find them? You just defeated the purpose of your own thread!

-I argue with other Chinese people in the xinhua forum everyday. However, the topics we argue are like which province gets the highest GDP growth rate this quartor/year, which city has the tallest building and fastest subway, in which area people have the highest personal income and highest education rate.

Right, I'm sure you do... You've already told us here at ATS where the tallest TV tower is and where the fastest subway is. Those are simple facts that could probably be found with Google, so what is there to argue about?

Communist? Capitalism? CCP? KMT? who cares....
As long as it is good for China's economic, then it is good.

Ah, so the near billion starving, impoverished, and suffering people in your country are alright? Odd, that is...

I really don't see why you can't answer some simple questions about your country. You seem to be swelling with pride for it, so I would have assumed that you would have been more than eager to answer (or at least have some disinfo spin for) them for them... But, hey, if my questions and comments are too hard hitting you to handle (or you're not allowed to) could always ignore me.

Originally posted by toolman
It is only a matter of time until taiwan and China reunite.

Again, how? Why? To what ends? You can say that all you want, but it doesn't mean it is true. Where is the evidence to back that up?

Historically the USA chooses the wrong side to ally itself with, so it is not surprising.

That comment just cracked up me up big time. I seem to remember a certain country being bailed out of a Japanese invasion in the late 1930s and through the 1940s by the USA...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Google_abcd, I don't think you work for the CCP, but you saying that as long as you get a 12% GDP increase then it doesn't matter what government there is odd. Toolman, you, k4rupt, and a few others all come on here spouting how everyone hates China and China isn't a threat and the government is good and then says America is filled with propaganda...Yet many of us on here will admit and say how inadequate our government is, and how they do not look after us. You will also see that we don't like everything our government does, and we admit our shortcomings and the screwy things our nation has done. YET IN CHINA, no way. The CCP persecuting the Falun Dafa? Well they are an evil cult! Makes sense to kill women and babies as well of course. Chinese genocides in neighboring countries like Tibet? Um...Let's change the subject and point out what America is doing!

I also have a problem with toolman telling me that the Council on Foreign Relations statistics are wrong when they reported internal strife in China. He tells me to go to China and see for myself (which I have been to Beijing). I am not against the Chinese people. The government I am. Toolman, you, or whomever can tell us that the CCP is not a risk or a soon to be threat all you want. The real problem is, from all you guys, your main messages are, "China is all good, It is going to be the greatest, The military is getting built up faster than Nazi Germany built their's up with offensive weapons BUT they are not a threat, and the news sources not pro China is wrong and Western propaganda such as stories about the Falun Gong". That is the problem.

Report the inadequacies in your government. Report the poverty in your country. Report the problems in your government. Also report the achievments your country has done. All you do is spout positives, which is basically propaganda. Let us discuss problems in the world, not you showing us your country's grandeur of economic development at the expense of most of the people (which is okay).

Be balanced

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You've already told us here at ATS where the tallest TV tower is and where the fastest subway is. Those are simple facts that could probably be found with Google, so what is there to argue about?

Ack. I'm probably going to regret this but oh well...

The reason I even inquired about the TV towers is because I know google (in an ATS kind of way) and know he's just a nice person who is proud of his country. We've had several great discussions about China, the CCP, reunification and the need to move to a more democratic society.

Yes, I could have gotten the pictures and info somewhere else, but that's not why I asked. I like google, and I wanted to show an interest in his thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hi Duzey,
Thanks.
Actualy during the serval months when I visited Canada(GTA area),
I got a very good impression about Canada and Canadian people:
The weather, the environment, multiculture, freedom, egality,
fishing, camping, nice & polite people, lots of wonderful memory!

China is still far behind Canada in many areas. I hope that one day Chinese people can also have the same life quality as Canadians'.

Originally posted by Duzey

You've already told us here at ATS where the tallest TV tower is and where the fastest subway is. Those are simple facts that could probably be found with Google, so what is there to argue about?

Ack. I'm probably going to regret this but oh well...

The reason I even inquired about the TV towers is because I know google (in an ATS kind of way) and know he's just a nice person who is proud of his country. We've had several great discussions about China, the CCP, reunification and the need to move to a more democratic society.

Yes, I could have gotten the pictures and info somewhere else, but that's not why I asked. I like google, and I wanted to show an interest in his thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hi RetinoidReceptor,
You seem to be a sane people so we can talk in a mature and peaceful way.

At first, most Chinese people neither love nor hate CPP.
CCP is just a party, consisted of 70 million members. I have family members, friends and classmates
who are CCP members. I don't see any difference from them.
Actually, every Chinese knows the issues inside CCP, especially the corruption.
You can find tons of complains about CCP in China's internet websites and forums,
even myself have questioned many policies of gov and CCP.
You may think these topics are totally forbidden in China's internet. But it is not true.
We still can discuss these kinds of topic unless you break the law, for example, you are not allowed
to post the photos of China's military bases.

Also, all of us know some keywords and pictures are filtered out by google.cn. However, if you really
want to read articles and see photos, you can do it easily. It just depends how much eager do you want to find such kind of information and I have to say not many Chinese people are interested on these topics, at least not as that much as some western people.

From my point of view, the purpose of CCP to control the Internet has 2 reasons. The first one is to maintain its dominion which is bad.Howerver, the second reason is to maintain a stable society which is good for economic development. The one-party(or you can say dictatorship) system is for sure not good for democracy, but it is definitely more efficient than the multi-parties systems. IMO, currently the whole China is just like a huge state owned company. Provinces, cities in China are just like subsidiary companies and the CCP/gov officers are the CEOs. They have to take the responsibility of economic development and compete with each other. If province A gets 12% gdp growth rate this year while province B gets only 10%, the officers of Province B won't get promoted and will be "fired" in the next election. The actual situation is much more complex and I can't even explain it in Chinese.

Sooner or later, China will become a democracy country, but maybe in a different form than the western countries. One reason why I want Taiwan to reunify with mainland is that the KMT party of Taiwan is the only party that can compete with CCP in China mainland.

As for FLG, the concept and ideas of FLG is so stupid and infant, I don't think any sane Chinese will believe this "religion". The only person participating the FLG that I know is a classmate in my univerisy. He is the most weird and introverted person in my class and he never talks to other people.

I would rather trust the news/photoes from CNN/BBC instead Theepochtimes.com which is funded by FLG. Actually, I never trust anything from FLG and Theepochtimes. Usually when they say sth is good then I would believe that should be bad, vice versa.

Maybe some of my poins are off topic, sorry about that.

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Google_abcd, I don't think you work for the CCP, but you saying that as long as you get a 12% GDP increase then it doesn't matter what government there is odd. Toolman, you, k4rupt, and a few others all come on here spouting how everyone hates China and China isn't a threat and the government is good and then says America is filled with propaganda...Yet many of us on here will admit and say how inadequate our government is, and how they do not look after us. You will also see that we don't like everything our government does, and we admit our shortcomings and the screwy things our nation has done. YET IN CHINA, no way. The CCP persecuting the Falun Dafa? Well they are an evil cult! Makes sense to kill women and babies as well of course. Chinese genocides in neighboring countries like Tibet? Um...Let's change the subject and point out what America is doing!

I also have a problem with toolman telling me that the Council on Foreign Relations statistics are wrong when they reported internal strife in China. He tells me to go to China and see for myself (which I have been to Beijing). I am not against the Chinese people. The government I am. Toolman, you, or whomever can tell us that the CCP is not a risk or a soon to be threat all you want. The real problem is, from all you guys, your main messages are, "China is all good, It is going to be the greatest, The military is getting built up faster than Nazi Germany built their's up with offensive weapons BUT they are not a threat, and the news sources not pro China is wrong and Western propaganda such as stories about the Falun Gong". That is the problem.

Report the inadequacies in your government. Report the poverty in your country. Report the problems in your government. Also report the achievments your country has done. All you do is spout positives, which is basically propaganda. Let us discuss problems in the world, not you showing us your country's grandeur of economic development at the expense of most of the people (which is okay).

Be balanced

[edit on 19-7-2006 by google_abcd]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

2008 Beijing Olympic Stadiums

Mod Edit: New Image Hotlinking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2006-8-5 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
How exactly is re-unification inevitable?

Simply because of the economic intergration, the 1 million permanent taiwanese living on the mainland and 3.7million taiwanese tourist that visited china in 2002. The overwhelming support of the KMT in the regional elections

www.chinability.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
First of all, I just want to say I'm kind of neutral in this situation (nice pictures of your downtown and other places by the way, google_abcd) though...I have a friend whose father had to move a lot for his job (can't remember what he did...probably a GE(General Electric) worker or some type of job that has you travel/moving alot)...Anyway, his family of 4 were there, and he told me, and my whole history class at school that his apartment/house had a camera installed in it...this was in the 90's...not sure if policy has changed since then or what...I'm curious as to why maybe the Chinese government does this? Is it possible for you to shed light on this topic? Thanks man

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllinTheMind89
First of all, I just want to say I'm kind of neutral in this situation (nice pictures of your downtown and other places by the way, google_abcd) though...I have a friend whose father had to move a lot for his job (can't remember what he did...probably a GE(General Electric) worker or some type of job that has you travel/moving alot)...Anyway, his family of 4 were there, and he told me, and my whole history class at school that his apartment/house had a camera installed in it...this was in the 90's...not sure if policy has changed since then or what...I'm curious as to why maybe the Chinese government does this? Is it possible for you to shed light on this topic? Thanks man

Sorry, I don't understand what is your question.
What did your friend's father tell you?

Nowadays, things in China change rapidly every year or even every month.
Everything is possible. For instance, I came back to my hometown(Guangzhou) in 2005 after I left it for around 1 year, and then I saw lots of new buildings(Three 250m+ skyscrapers) near my appartment and 2 new metro lines. So does the policy, law and many other things.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He told us that the Chinese government had installed a camera in their house. For survallence is my best guess? My question was, why would the Chinese government feel the need to have to install these in an American-in-China's, home?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's no wonder that the Guangdong province do so good. The rich abuse the workers intensly. Report;

"More than 1,000 workers riot at factory producing toys for McDonald's in Guangdong province,China.
... employees at the factory typically work 11 hours a day, six days a week, and rack up to 70 hours of overtime a month. This violates China's labour law, which stipulates that the normal working week is 40 hours ...
Salaries range between 600 and 800 yuan (US$75 and US$100) per month, but they must pay 250 yuan for food and accommodation each month, and complained that the factory's meals were poor. The company manufactures toys and give-away gift items for U.S. companies McDonald's, Disney, Mattel, Warner and DC Comics."

one of the sourches; iso.china-labour.org.hk...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Funny... where the hell do you get that there are a near billion Chinese that are starving?

Another example of western ignorance of China. Rofl a billion starving Chinese. My god, I am at awe of how far people are willing to push their stories to make a point.

China... is the third largest food donor in the world.

I don't even know where the hell you get that there are near billion Chinese starving.

WOW.

That is the reason why people like google_abcd makes posts like this. To show the western public that China is a modern nation... For God's sakes I have heard much more ludicrous statements about China from PEOPLE here at ATS, supposedly the more enlightened people of the western public.

Things like China's sole military tactic is to rush millions of peasants with aks towards the enemy... or that China cannot provide food for the MAJORITY of it's peoples.

This type of ignorance is disgusting, and instead of combating this widespread ignorance, people here become offended and start attacking google in anyway they can.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by k4rupt]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join