It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some photoes and economic statistics of China

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Duzey, Yes. Guangzhou is building the world's tallest TV tower, 610m
Actually other two tall buildings(taller than 500m) called twin-towers are also under construction.
They will be finished in 2009, before the 2010 Asia Sport Meeting which is held in Guangzhou.

Guangzhou TV tower + Twin Towers

Originally posted by Duzey
google, do you have any photos of the new Guangzhou TV Tower? Not the old one, but the one that's under construction? It's going to be the world's tallest, right?

I'd love to see some of those.

Mod Edit: New Image Hotlinking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Duzey]

[edit on 18-7-2006 by google_abcd]

[edit on 2006-8-5 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Great Pictures...........but you haven't shown what the majority of China looks like...the rural areas....

As I said, only the cities in China are moderm, most rural areas in China are still poort.That is why we call China still a developing country.

However, since the photos about poverty of China can be easily found in the daily newpaper or medias in the western coutries, I am not going to post them. You can find them easily in google.

the villages in which people are forced to abondon their homes which have been in the family for centuries. What about all the poor people in China.....all the farmers?
It is really interesting how you forget those people who make up the bulk of China's 1 billion population.

I guess you are talking about the Three Gorge project.I am not quite familar with this project but let's take the subway construction in my hometown(guangzhou/canton,the third biggest city in China) as an example:
More than 100,000 people had to move from downtown for this subway project. It seems to be an impossible mission in western countries due to the personal property issues. However, we Chinese people believe that the minority(100,000 people) should obey the majority(10 million people) so the whole move process went very well.

The subway construction began at 1997 and so far we have build 4 subway lines.
The latest one is the fastest subway in the world( 120KM/H), and other 11 subway lines are under construction. According to our long term plan, 50KM subway is built every year until 2020.

If you can understand why we are willing to abandon our homes for these projects, then you can understand the economic miracle of China.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That's quite the improvement over the old/current TV tower. Very nice looking.

Thanks for the pictures.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No problem.
Welcome to 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and 2010 Guangzhou Asian Sports ^_^

Originally posted by Duzey
That's quite the improvement over the old/current TV tower. Very nice looking.

Thanks for the pictures.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I still dont trust em communist leaders....

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Shanghai, Pudong region
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...
blog.hanhao.cn...
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...
World Misses
forumcache.xinhuanet.com...

Mod Edit: Removed tags from overly large images distorting page format.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by google_abcd
Shanghai, Pudong region

Pics dont work at least for me, probally inputed them wrong.

Do you know who that is? I sure hope you do. Communist have erased him from history no can even figure out what he is doing I WONDER. Standing up to the evil communist WAR MACHINE.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Your pictures are very beautiful Google_abcd, keep them coming. They are terrific.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Beijing
Forbidden City:
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...

img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...

img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...

The chair of emperor

Greate Wall:

Tian Tan

Tian An Square

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Why have the questions on and criticisms of China mainly gone ignored?

For example, here are some questions asked by FredT...

Originally posted by FredT
How exactly is re-unification inevitable? Because a country that has 100 times the population has a higher GDP?

Are you implying that the Taiwanese peopel will flock to the workers paradise simply because it is bigger in terms of economy?

Also, here was one asked by me...

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

And according to all predictions that is most likely scenario.

All predictions? And do you have any links to supporting evidence for that comment?

Could you please answer those?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The issue of Shanghai photos is fixed. However, there is still sth wrong with the Beijing photos... If you can't see the pictures, please try to click "refresh" in IE or right-click and choose "show pictures" options.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
-I am not coming here to answer your questions. Just want to show some photos of China. Also, you are neither my manager nor my boss, why do I need to answer your questions?
-There are tons of answers that favor you in the internet, just google the "Tian An Square, 89" keyword and view the photos you like, ok?
-I argue with other Chinese people in the xinhua forum everyday. However, the topics we argue are like which province gets the highest GDP growth rate this quartor/year, which city has the tallest building and fastest subway, in which area people have the highest personal income and highest education rate.

Communist? Capitalism? CCP? KMT? who cares....
As long as it is good for China's economic, then it is good.

Why have the questions on and criticisms of China mainly gone ignored?

For example, here are some questions asked by FredT...

Originally posted by FredT
How exactly is re-unification inevitable? Because a country that has 100 times the population has a higher GDP?

Are you implying that the Taiwanese peopel will flock to the workers paradise simply because it is bigger in terms of economy?

Also, here was one asked by me...

And according to all predictions that is most likely scenario.

All predictions? And do you have any links to supporting evidence for that comment?

Could you please answer those?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well I wont attack you or anything this time, but its my personal feeling that China is probally the only hope for defeating the real true evil in the world, since the U.S. went through some stages kind of like china, hence civilians losing land, as to natives losing there land here. If the future war with the evil shadow governments and leaders and soon the EU which is EVIL, just has not showen its true colors yet, china will be needed to fight the evil NEW WORLD ORDER, hopfully the U.S. wont fall for into it to bad, at the moment we are being decieved. I have high hopes for China and the people are very good people by nature. Just some ruin the image, I can understand.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Taiwan wants to participate in China's growth, and is actively doing so. In this process Taiwan will become closely tied with China.
The questions is why the US and Tawianese Govt is so adament refusing closer ties with China, when most of the people in Taiwan express this desire, both in business and social outreach.
It is only a matter of time until taiwan and China reunite. Historically the USA chooses the wrong side to ally itself with, so it is not surprising.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
-First, currently China is still far behind U.S, no matter in economic or military. Also ,since the nature resource in U.S is much larger that that of China, I don't think China can defeat U.S in the next 40 years.
-Second, China is a country that doesn't like to disturb interior affairs of other countries.
-I regard U.S as a "friendly" competitor rather thatn an enemy. Actually, I pretty much like the U.S led by Clinton.

PS: I replace the old photos of Shanghai and Beijing with the new ones that don't have link issues.

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
Well I wont attack you or anything this time, but its my personal feeling that China is probally the only hope for defeating the real true evil in the world, since the U.S. went through some stages kind of like china, hence civilians losing land, as to natives losing there land here. If the future war with the evil shadow governments and leaders and soon the EU which is EVIL, just has not showen its true colors yet, china will be needed to fight the evil NEW WORLD ORDER, hopfully the U.S. wont fall for into it to bad, at the moment we are being decieved. I have high hopes for China and the people are very good people by nature. Just some ruin the image, I can understand.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Guangzhou(Canton)
img.club.pchome.net...

img.club.pchome.net...
img.club.pchome.net...

2005 Guangzhou Auto Show...
I am going to have a rest tonight....Finding photos is a tired job...
Finally show us some pretty girls. The most interesting thing is that it seems that Chinese people have more interest on models that the cars...lol

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

So if major economies will grow approximately with 2005 real GDP growth rates for next ten years than in 2015 China and India together will have more than 50 % biggest GPD than USA. China will be biggest economy in the world and India will be third. And according to all predictions that is most likely scenario.

I beg to differ on the issue of Chinas GDP as of right now is 2.225 Trillion US dollars at a 9.9% growth rate, which is astounding. The problem is when you look at the per capita GDP of each average household in China, it is $6,800 US. I'm sure it goes farther there with the exchange rate, I've never been to China so I couldnt tell you what that much money buys. Chinas economy is in the "Boom" phase now, but even with this "Boom" going on now, Chinas GDP will not surpass the US in the next 10 years, its not fiscally possible. You forget the US grows as well as is Indias now, and as well as Japan. And Japan now has a higher GDP than China does($4.46 Trillion), those charts representing current GDP are wrong. China may surpass the US one day economically, but were looking at atleast a half a century, barring any sudden events that throw the normal everyday business of things off, such as a global war, epidemic or disaster.

China- CIA world factbook
Japan- CIA world factbook

[edit on 7/18/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Google, as the author of the post you should answer the questions people ask you instead of continueing to post those pictures that anyone can get off a cheery Chineese website...

You did miss a few photos though, like oh say the pictures of the poor working men who have their homes ripped away from them to build those shiney new buildings for Chinas richest portion of the population.

Or you could post pictrures of the dirt poor farmers and people living in shacks in the country.

Or you could have posted the cramped dirty living conditions of the vast majority of the Chineese people. Pictures do not work to persuade people China is a great place, it is a tyranny that opresses their people, who cares how many new shiny towers there is in China? I do not, not when they do not give a damn about the people the work in the sweat shopes that truly drive the Chineese economy. Why not show us pictures of little kids working in Nike factories?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Every year, Chinese internet users will elect top 10 photos about China.
And we will post these photoes in every Chinese websites and forums.
These photoes records the current poverty of China and drive us to
work harder for our country and people.
There are comments for every photo, but I don't have time to translate them to English.

2003, Top 10 photoes in China's internet

2004, Top 10 photoes in China's internet

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Google, as the author of the post you should answer the questions people ask you instead of continueing to post those pictures that anyone can get off a cheery Chineese website...

You did miss a few photos though, like oh say the pictures of the poor working men who have their homes ripped away from them to build those shiney new buildings for Chinas richest portion of the population.

Or you could post pictrures of the dirt poor farmers and people living in shacks in the country.

Or you could have posted the cramped dirty living conditions of the vast majority of the Chineese people. Pictures do not work to persuade people China is a great place, it is a tyranny that opresses their people, who cares how many new shiny towers there is in China? I do not, not when they do not give a damn about the people the work in the sweat shopes that truly drive the Chineese economy. Why not show us pictures of little kids working in Nike factories?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Remember the more that some peopl ein China taste freedom, the mroe likely there is to be civil war. That's as likely as China being the Superpower.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join