UN Peacekeeping Forces Claim: Israel Hinders Civilian Humanitarian Aid

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is typical practice they do with the Palestinians by withholding humanitarian aid and further shows they are showing no quarter to innocent civilians which should be considered a war crime IMO.



UN peacekeeping force: Israel hindering aid in South Lebanon

By Reuters

BEIRUT - The United Nations peacekeeping force in South Lebanon said on Monday it was unable to supply food and water to its troops or deliver humanitarian aid to civilians because Israel would not guarantee their safe passage.

The Israel Defense Forces have not responded to the UN's repeated requests to secure the safe transport of convoys carrying supplies to its positions, the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) said in a statement.

South Lebanon, which borders Israel, has been worst-hit in the Israel Defense Forces' six-day-old offensive against Hezbollah after the guerrilla group's capture of two IDF soldiers in a cross-border attack.


"Following a conversation between the UN Secretary-General and the prime minister of Israel ... we received assurances that UNIFIL will be allowed freedom of movement, but this pledge has not yet been implemented on the ground," the statement said.

Source




posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So, what they are saying is you may go where ever you wantand deliver your supplies-shame on you pieman for delibertly posting False and Wrong information

We, however will not send a military convoy to protect you.

"we received assurances that UNIFIL will be allowed freedom of movement"

"The Israel Defense Forces have not responded to the UN's repeated requests to secure the safe transport of convoys carrying supplies to its positions, the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) said in a statement."



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Reuters has been completely biased against Israel for years, and I take what they say with a grain of salt. If you want to talk no quarter on civilians, which side sends suicide bombers into crowded busses?



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
Reuters has been completely biased against Israel for years, and I take what they say with a grain of salt. If you want to talk no quarter on civilians, which side sends suicide bombers into crowded busses?

I don't know any Lebanese that commit suicide on buses. Are you trying to imply that the entire Palestinian population are suicide bombersand should suffer because of the acts of 350 people out of over 1,000,000?? LOL Thats a funny one. I bet you think that all African Americans are fatherless and on welfare too.
Yeah Reuters is out to get Israel, And the UN is out to get Israel and anyone else who disagrees with her is out to get israel. Paranoia. Israel is out to get Israel when they pull crap like this..No one else.



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The UN was the one who was supposed to be keeping the peace that was brokered to get Israel to leave Lebanon in the first place. We can see now how well that worked out. So why is it exactly that Israel is supposed to work with them? Rockets are being fired at Israel right beside UN flags. The UN screwed this one up, and now Kofi wants to broker another deal? Well, this "war for oil" can work both ways. With the UN oil for food scandal, its pretty easy to see that the UN is in the pockets of oil producing countries, and one big one wants Israel off the map. I am however impressed at Saudi Arabias stance on this, as well as thier condemnation of Hezzbulah. And yes, I am pro-Israel.

And save your race baiting for someone else.



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
The UN was the one who was supposed to be keeping the peace that was brokered to get Israel to leave Lebanon in the first place. We can see now how well that worked out. So why is it exactly that Israel is supposed to work with them? Rockets are being fired at Israel right beside UN flags. The UN screwed this one up, and now Kofi wants to broker another deal? Well, this "war for oil" can work both ways. With the UN oil for food scandal, its pretty easy to see that the UN is in the pockets of oil producing countries, and one big one wants Israel off the map. I am however impressed at Saudi Arabias stance on this, as well as thier condemnation of Hezzbulah. And yes, I am pro-Israel.

And save your race baiting for someone else.

Yeah yeah yeah...and Emile lahoud is crying that the UN is stalling time for the israelis...who friggin cares. Its HUMANitarian aid not replenishing ammunition to the enemies. People are starving, there houses are blown up, their food is bad since they have no electricity, the stores are closed,no water. Its obvious what Israel was looking to do when they targetted infrastructure and by stopping the UN aid from getting through they are just showing their true sadistic colors. Paint it any way you like. They are civilians.



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
They are civilians.


Why? Because the UN says they are? If that were true, then why wouldn't the UN allow Isreal to butcher and rape civilians like is being done in Darfour? The UN is standing up real tall in Sudan don't you think?



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So UN wants Israel to send in ground forces to secure supply shipments ?
That really shows how powerful the UN is, and how relevant a force it is, and what about all the countries that so vigurasly condemne Israel ? What ? dont they wanna help the people of lebanon that are being boutchred by Israel ?



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The scope in their operation is limited and they are not even remotely equipped to handle an event such as this in the first place.

The Lebanese news is also claiming that member of UNIFIL are refusing to help which has prompted a speedy reply from the UN denying the allegations claiming difficulty in their own re-supply.

UNIFIL should have been pulled out during the hostilities; they can not possibly fulfill their obligatory mandate (UN 1655) with 2000 troops and a hand full of officers and advisors given the extreme situation and general size of southern meandering territory they are attempting (on the face) to handle.



mg



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well of course they are hindering aid. The scope of IDF operations is sufficient to hinder aid from many times the number of U.N. troops in Lebanon.



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
They are civilians.


Why? Because the UN says they are? If that were true, then why wouldn't the UN allow Isreal to butcher and rape civilians like is being done in Darfour? The UN is standing up real tall in Sudan don't you think?


The UN is only as powerful as everyone allows them to be. When you have all these countries disregarding the UN resolutions (Lebanon included) as well as intentional vetoing of important issues in order to protect other countries(Israel included)..no one will respect the UN.



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What has the United Nations ever been able to do effectivly. If the UN gets involved its just going to further tie the hands of the Israelis in the fight against terrorist Hezbollah. The UN most likely wouldnt even have the authority to control Hezbollah. This would only give Hezbollah time to dig in further, hide some more weapons in civilian areas and be re supplied from Syria and Iran.
The United Nations is nothing more than a forum for nations to discuss current events. The United Nations lacks credibility on many different levels thanks to it's innabilities to back up its own mandates. Further the UN is all about special interests and corrupt deal making.



posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickmyers32USA
This would only give Hezbollah time to dig in further, hide some more weapons in civilian areas and be re supplied from Syria and Iran.



I hate to have to say it but when you move in to someone else's land and then tread them like *&$% you have to expect that. It Israel does not like it ? then get the britts to give land somewhere else



[edit on 17-7-2006 by helium3]





top topics
 
0

log in

join