It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice article on CBN about Smart dust.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Im sure they will run it again. It wa very informative. They are setting up more outlines for smart dust. They said it would be nice if the smart dust could move autonmously. I guess like Ants.

cbn.com...

The Wonderful -- and Frightening -- Potential of 'Smart Dust'

What is smart dust? It has many different facets:

1] It's a computer with the brains to store data, process it, and run the unit.

2] It has sensors that gauge factors like light, heat and humidity.

3] It operates on low power, so it's not dependent on bulky energy sources.

4] It's miniaturized, because small means more useful and more portable.

5] It's a radio that provides interactivity, so units can send or receive information and instructions.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thats kinda scarry, the monitors right now are the diameter of a human hair.

Talk about being watched by big brother...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wow, that is interesting. Definitely not a good thing for the freedom lovers out there...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
When they started talking about Smart DUst like 5 years ago. Comuters werent as powerful today. It was almost like radioactive dusting but I guess someone said it wasnt safe.

So Someone said we will make this dust and when we sprinkle it on people. Than we can track them.

Now they are saying we want to make this dust. Its going to be composed of microelectronics and motors. The smart dust will have cameras I guess and or micrphones. In essence each tiny particle of smart dust would be a tricorder like on enterprise and the people on the other end of the Smart Dust network would know everything about you. I suppose that the smart dust network would have GPS and almost be self aware because when you talk about that level of monitoring. Your most certainly talking about a certain level of self awarness.

They said this sort of system is 20-30 years off but if I like back on my lifetime, thigns have certainly changed alot. COmputer software wasnt near the level it was at today and we have all kinds of capabilites like Language translation, spell check or voice recognition all available today.

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by websuspect]

new topics

top topics

join