It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli ceasefire agenda has initiated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A ceasefire agreement has been stated by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, that if both captured Israeli soldiers and all of Hezbollah forces are controlled with Lebanese military in control of the south all attacks will cease. Israel is still trying to subdue the fighting from attacks from the Hezbollah, and has all intentions to continue until the Hezbollah are abolished. As of now the rocket attacks on Israel have now ceased, and deployment of Lebanese forces is staged across the southern border in action of a ceasefire agreement.

news.yahoo.com
JERUSALEM - Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Monday the fighting in Lebanon would end when the two Israeli soldiers captured by Hezbollah guerrillas were freed, rocket attacks on
Israel were stopped, and the Lebanese army was deployed along the border.

"We are not looking for war or direct conflict, but if necessary we will not be frightened by it," Olmert said.

"We will struggle for the conditions set by the international community," Olmert told the Israeli parliament.

"Return of the hostages ... a full ceasefire, deployment of the Lebanese army in all southern Lebanon and the disarming of Hizbollah."

Delivering an impassioned speech to parliament after six days of fighting with Lebanon, Olmert said Israel would have no mercy on militants who attack its cities with rockets, and he pledged to destroy terrorist infrastructure.

"We shall seek out every installation, hit every terrorist helping to attack Israeli citizens, destroy all the terrorist infrastructure, in every place. We shall continue this until Hezbollah does the basic and fair things required of it by every civilized person," he said in his first major address since the fighting in Lebanon began last week.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Israel seems here to be willing to comply with the U.N. on a no violence statement. Still the U.N. has not replied to the recent statement by the Prime Minister, as of now Israel is looking at having international help in the attacks on their country, and still in Lebanon has had many civilians die from Israeli attacks. The ceasefire agreement would be excellent for both of the countries and the preservation of life. The question is now, will Hezbollah forces be able to be subdued?

Israel will not allow any militants to fire rockets on their country and neither will allow them to go on without being punished. For now Lebanon has reacted with forces being deployed to the border. As of 200 Lebanese civilians and military men are dead and 24 Israelis also dead, there seems to be a pause in the current conflict. Over the six day conflict now there is light of hope for both of the countries and the world can be at ease for now.

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel Attacks South Beirut
Eight Canadian Citizens Killed By Israel Airstrike
Hezbollah Seize Israel Soldiers

[edit on 17-7-2006 by ragster]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
6 days of conflict. On the 7th day then do they rest?

Who has the solidiers now? Did they send them to Iran as was reported before?
I think Israel is getting alot of push back to end this obviously but I think it is far from over. There are bigger stakes here then just 2 kidnapped soldiers.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So Hezbollah captures 2 idf soldiers, asks to trade them for prisoners held in Israel. Isreal says no we dont negotiate with terrorists. IDF then enters Lebonon and murders 192 civies. Then says it will stop fighting if soldiers are returned and Lebonons Army is deployed on border. It looks like the Isrealis are using terror to get their soldiers back. Nobody can say the lives of 192 people are worth the release of two. Too bad the media spins this like Isreal is taking the initiative for peace. If they TRULY WANTED PEACE they would have started this whole mess with talks instead of lettings bombs fly. My prayers go out to those many families that have lost their loved ones for nothing. It is truly sad.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm sure your heart also goes out to the Israeli soldiers killed on the day of the abduction while patrolling their border. I'm also sure your heart goes out to the soldiers killed in the previous abduction. I'm also sure that your heart goes out to those soldiers and civilains killed when Hezbullah decided to attack Israel all those 40+ times since israel's withdraw from Lebanon.

I guess Hizbullah has every right to attack Israel when ever they please. Of course Israel cannot and should not do anything otherwise it may piss-off everyone. So it is best that Israel just turn the other cheek.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You are very right about that Chronic, Israel seems to be do this with no care, and yes, Israel is getting their own people killed too, its just Lebanon seems to do anything Israel asks in the event of this war stopping, I do not think most people know that Lebanon would have a very hard time stopping the Hezbollah and with Syrian and Irani partners also.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by ragster]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I guess some people around here believe that if Israel is attacked almost daily by Hizbollah and or HAMAS with rocket attacks they should take those attacks and do nothing about it...
Yeah, spin it, spin it... but at the end those of us with a rational mind know that Israel has the right to defend itself if it gets attacked.... They got tired of the attacks, even after they retreated from Gaza the Hizbollah and or HAMAS members that have been firing rockets at Israeli cities just got closer to other Israeli cities and kept firing their rockets....

Anyways...let's see what comes out of this now.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
But then what happens if they fire any more long range missiles not rockets at Israel, just as the missiles used in the Haifa attack on train depot.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
sadly, it seems as if Israel ran out of cheeks to turn when Hezbollah entered Israel and kidnapped the two soldiers.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
But then what happens if they fire any more long range missiles not rockets at Israel, just as the missiles used in the Haifa attack on train depot.

Was that the 2 missles that hit absolutely nothing?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Wasn't the intention to hit Israel and cause damage and death?... You appear to try to make it sound like you believe that Palestinian militants didn't want to hit any targets in Israel....or they didn't want to kill anyone...

Oh and btw, it was more like over two dozen Palestinian Qassam rockets.

Meanwhile, the Israeli military said one man was wounded by a Palestinian Qassam rocket attack on the Israeli border town of Sderot. More than two dozen rockets fired from northern Gaza since Friday have landed in Israel, causing minor injuries and damage, the Israel Defense Forces reported.

edition.cnn.com...

I am pretty sure the Palestinians were trying to cause more damage and death...and that was in three days last week.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Wasn't the intention to hit Israel and cause damage and death?... You appear to try to make it sound like you believe that Hizbollah didn't want to hit any targets in Israel....or they didn't want to kill anyone...

What's your point Muaddib? This all started by Hez, crossing the border, abducting a couple of Israeli's, killing some. That's tangable. Using a couple of missles that did NOTHING tangable to continue is sheer paranoia imo. "OMG what they COULD do." BS. It's propaganda. I posted in another thread about what I read in the paper this morning about the accuracy of Hez's missles, IE, most of them ending up in the sea but NO ONE wanted to touch that as it didn't fit into the preconceptions.

Intentions are a wonderful thing, are we going to kill people now for intentions? Personally, I'd be more worried about those that have the capabillity AND intentions.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Intentions are a wonderful thing, are we going to kill people now for intentions? Personally, I'd be more worried about those that have the capabillity AND intentions.

What is my point?.... My point is that rockets were fired at Israel.... it wasn't only "intentions or words", they were trying to cause more damage and death by firing rockets into Israeli cities....but for some reason you appear to believe that Israel should continue to take the rocket attacks and suicide missions and shut up about it...

The propaganda comes from you trying to make people believe that Israel shuld take these attacks with a grain of salt and let more rockets fall and let suicide missions be carried out on their cities....

and again you continue to claim "it was only a couple of missiles"......after i provided an excerpt from CNN in which is clearly stated that over 2 dozen rockets were fired in three days by Palestinian militants..... yep, propaganda indeed...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

What is my point?.... My point is that rockets were fired at Israel.... it wasn't only "intentions or words", they were trying to cause more damage and death by firing rockets into Israeli cities....but for some reason you appear to believe that Israel should continue to take the rocket attacks and suicide missions and shut up about it...

NO, it was my intention to show that BOTH of these sides are wrong but one is better equipt to DEAL DEATH to the other. See, I can use drama too.

BTW, Israel's govenment doesn't have clean hands either. Bet you wouldn't buy that though.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

NO, it was my intention to show that BOTH of these sides are wrong but one is better equipt to DEAL DEATH to the other. See, I can use drama too.

BTW, Israel's govenment doesn't have clean hands either. Bet you wouldn't buy that though.

Your intentions were shown already intrepid by your statements that "only a couple of missiles were fired by the Palestinian militants"....

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Your intentions were shown already intrepid by your statements that "only a couple of missiles were fired by the Palestinian militants"....

The long range ones dude. Try to keep up.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It happens. We are off topic here. Would you care to take this to Head 2 Head Muaddib?

I'd love to debate you on this as we let the topic of a ceasefire continue here.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It happens. We are off topic here. Would you care to take this to Head 2 Head Muaddib?

I'd love to debate you on this as we let the topic of a ceasefire continue here.

Love to, but i need to fix my truck.
I might come back later, or tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Israels actions are unjustified, period. There is no debating it. It is a moral situation of right and wrong. They are defending their attacks in Lebonon and Palestine in response to the capture of the 2 soldiers. So the question is if they can jusify their terrorist attacks, whats to stop others from doing the same?

What if relatives or friends of the many US detainees who’ve been illegally imprisoned at Guantanamo, decided to use F-16s and laser-guided missiles to attack the Golden Gate Bridge, the Sears Tower, New York City’s electrical grid, and vast swathes of the highway system? Would that be equally justifiable? Or, more to the point, what if Hezbollah decided to blow up major parts of Israel’s infrastructure in retaliation for the hundreds of Lebanese prisoners languishing in Israeli prisons without any legal recourse? Would that be okay? (Quoted from WHR.com)

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Chronic_Blaze]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronic_Blaze
Israels actions are unjustified, period. There is no debating it. It is a moral situation of right and wrong. They are defending their attacks in Lebonon and Palestine in response to the capture of the 2 soldiers. So the question is if they can jusify their terrorist attacks, whats to stop others from doing the same?

This logic is flawed. Many people will agree that Israel has gone too far by destroying the infrastucture of Lebanon, however you find almost no support for Hezbollah's actions of recent in the middle east. Hamas and the Palestinians didn't want this, it's taking attention away from their struggle. The governments of the region aren't throwing support behind Hezbollah on this, the actions have caused unwanted attention on the funding for such groups.

The fact is, Hezbollah opened this can of worms. The morality comment is laughable as well. Untill 9/11 Hezbollah had killed the most Americans since the Viet Cong in the Vietnam war. And that is with little or no recourse by the U.S., the truth is that Hezbollah has not been challenged even though they have been the aggressors on many occasions. Most Lebonese don't want Hezbollah there, the current violence is a great example of why not.

new topics

top topics

join