It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights/UFO's? over Lake Erie seen off my balcony. Took video's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
[edit on 18-7-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Sounds like a firecracker or gunshot in the beginning of the video before it show that whatever that thing was.

I totally agree, this sounds like some sort of firework being let off. About the second vid nice lake.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaver1979

Originally posted by deltaboy
Sounds like a firecracker or gunshot in the beginning of the video before it show that whatever that thing was.

I totally agree, this sounds like some sort of firework being let off. About the second vid nice lake.

Thanks for your Reaver, but there were no fireworks that night. But I appreciate you feedback!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

Originally posted by Legalizer
Its totally a bottlerocket.
Just because you didn't hear or see the bottle rocket doesn't mean its not a bottle rocket.

You were either looking at the lcd screen, which can obscure a lot of information, especially that faint bottle rocket, or you were looking at the tiny half inch viewfinder screen which can obscure even more information, or you were looking at parts of the sky that the bottle rocket was not in, or your eyesite is just bad and can't focus on a fast moving object that disappears that quickly.

A tripod will cost you $10 to $30 at Kmart or such.

No, I was not looking at the lcd screen of my camera because I had it connected my cable to the back of my computer which is right next to the sliding door of my balcony.
When my camera is connected to my computer and when I'm making a movie or taking a photo that way, the lcd screen on my camera is blank/off. But when my camera is NOT connected to my computer when I take photos or movies, it's then running by battery and that's when you can see what's in the view finder on the lcd screen. In short, the lcd screen of my camera only operates when it's running by battery and not connected to the computer.
When I took this movie of the one that we are talking about in this message thread, I had it directed to a point way over the lake and not anywhere over near the shoreline/land. There were no boats out there on the lake that evening because at that time we were going through a rain spell with high winds and thunder storms. Nothing was out there on that lake at that time nor were there any boats out there during the day or the day before I took this movie due to small craft warnings, high waves and lightening and so on....
In short, there were not boats out there at 10:30 PM that evening shooting off firecrackers or those other things being spoken of here in this thread from their boats -- because there were no crafts out there! We were due for more rain some time that night ..... but as it turns out it never rained but there continued to be heavy cloud coverage for the day or so....

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
wow....i cant believe anyone is taking this video serious!....its obviously fireworks CLOSE THREAD

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
Because i'm at work I can't watch those video clips, so can anyone check one issue out for me.

Sound and light don't travel at the same speed, so what is the distance from the balcony to the area of the lights? You should be able to figure out the delay of the sound and see if it matches up to the lights appearing. This will work only if the audio wasn't altered on the video. I would hope the sounds came after the lights appeared since that is the norm with most fireworks viewed from a distance.

Excellent observation NJ Mooch! That bang/clap noise occurs BEFORE the appearance of those light configurations that occur at the beginning of the video.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Could you post the original video (original speed and brightness)? Might be easier to determine if they are fireworks or not.

The first time I watched it (no sound) I didn't know what they were ... I thought perhaps a light source in the sky and that the camera moved around to create the "trail of spots". But after listening to it, it really does just sound like fireworks exploding (slowed down).

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Palasheea

If you've in fact been a lurker for a while then you should have known that this would happen. You could have the best proof around and they will poke holes in it. I love this sight for what it is but what it is not is UFO friendly. Most people on here do not want to believe. If they believed that would deflate there ego. Most people are happy thinking humans are the only intelligent life. To believe otherwise would loose them there sense of supeority. I will Never I repeat never post anything UFO related inless you like abuse. Just my two cents worth.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
Palasheea

If you've in fact been a lurker for a while then you should have known that this would happen. You could have the best proof around and they will poke holes in it. I love this sight for what it is but what it is not is UFO friendly. Most people on here do not want to believe. If they believed that would deflate there ego. Most people are happy thinking humans are the only intelligent life. To believe otherwise would loose them there sense of supeority. I will Never I repeat never post anything UFO related inless you like abuse. Just my two cents worth.

Actually, for the most part, I've been logging on here to look for more information on Triangle UFO's. What I saw up there last Thanksgiving, looked like an actual aircraft but because it was flying by slowly and silently where at one point it hovered in one spot for a few minutes -- and then then when it zoomed off so fast where less than a couple of minutes later we saw 2 military jets thundering across the sky in the same direction.... and also there was another triangle see further off into the distance flying parallel with the one that was much closer to us. Well once you see something like this, naturally my first guess, as well as those who were with me at the time when we witnessed all of this, was that these triangles were experimental military aircraft of some sort.
But in the months that followed, when ever I had some spare time available, I would google up UFO Triangles to find out more about them and what they possibly could be.
So when I would be looking up information posted in this forum on that topic or other related topics, at least from what I was reading, I never got the impression that most of the members here do not believe in UFO's.... I've never gotten that impression. Sure, I've also seen a number of posts by skeptics... but not that many.
I'm still on the fence is Triangle UFO's are extra-terrestrial or man-made. The one I saw definitely looked man-made. You could see the sun reflecting off the grey metal... it was just too real looking for us to even contemplate it being non-mundane.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Could you post the original video (original speed and brightness)? Might be easier to determine if they are fireworks or not.

The first time I watched it (no sound) I didn't know what they were ... I thought perhaps a light source in the sky and that the camera moved around to create the "trail of spots". But after listening to it, it really does just sound like fireworks exploding (slowed down).

media.putfile.com...

Here's what the video looked like before I brightened it and slowed it down in Ulead 8. The only editing done to this one was cutting out the end where the blinds to my balcony sliding door were showing. In the other video, that part was left on.
When you watch this one, you will notice that those lights flash by quickly. I really didn't notice too much in this video until I brightened it up and slowed it down a bit and that's what you see in my first video in my first post.
Now that I'm viewing the original video -- I'm wondering if the audio of the one I slowed down a bit was also effected because that so-called "fire-cracker sound is not nearly as pronounced in the original un-edited version of this video.
But once again, I was holding the cam directed at one spot over the lake.... those lights that come in a the beginning are zooming in from the left where they then disappeared. I'm just saying that I was not moving my camera at that time.
But for the second set of lights that come in a second or so later... I was just beginning to pan the cam to the right ....

www.putfile.com...
Above is the link with all of the video's I've shown in this thread.
lightoverlake - is the original non-edited version (but cut out part where blinds come in at the end)
lightoverlakea - is the brightened, slowed down version of this same movie.
and the other one shows the view off my balcony which was taken on the day before.

Below are screenshots of those lights in the video. The first 2 are from the first lights that zoomed in from the left to where I was directing the camera.
The second 2 are from those lights that came in a sec or 2 later were I was just being to pan the cam to the right....
Once again, I didn't see any of these lights when I was looking through the viewfinder of my camera while I was making the movie. I only saw those lights when I played back the movie right after I got it, in Windows Movie Maker.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Firecrackers!!! You guys can't be serious!! The non-edited movie doesn't souind like fire-crackers at all. Don't have a clue what that is but definately not fire-crackers

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar
Firecrackers!!! You guys can't be serious!! The non-edited movie doesn't souind like fire-crackers at all. Don't have a clue what that is but definately not fire-crackers

Now I know what probably happened. When I edited this video in Ulead 8 where I brightened it and slowed it down a bit -- I also amplified the audio of this video and then saved it. So why the audio is louder in the brightened up video than what it was in it's original version.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Now I know what probably happened. When I edited this video in Ulead 8 where I brightened it and slowed it down a bit -- I also amplified the audio of this video and then saved it. So why the audio is louder in the brightened up video than what it was in it's original version.

Mmm... Yes that can be what is causing that loud sounds. But since you amplified a very low quality sound it can be anything. But from the ORIGINAL movie I seriously doubt that it is firecrackers. And I have never seen firecrackers behaving that way..... Mmm maybe aliens were celebrating in another dimension that can only be seen through electronic devices

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar

Mmm... Yes that can be what is causing that loud sounds. But since you amplified a very low quality sound it can be anything. But from the ORIGINAL movie I seriously doubt that it is firecrackers. And I have never seen firecrackers behaving that way..... Mmm maybe aliens were celebrating in another dimension that can only be seen through electronic devices

Who know! Lol -- all I know is that I was so disappointed that that cluster of flashing lights I saw out there over the lake had disappeared by the time I fetched my camera to take a snapshot of it. So when I decided to direct my camera to that same area where I first saw those lights, I was saying out loud, "Please come back so I can catch you on video!" And that's what happened! But it only showed up in the video and not at the time when I making the movie. I will continue to take movies of the night sky because I've got a feeling that they will show back up again. Only next time I'm hoping they will stick around a bit longer .....

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
With the sound...

I recorded the sound from the slowed down version of the movie using a program called Audacity. I took and sped it up about 300% and to be completely honest, it sounds just like the regular speed video. I agree that what might have happened is when you slowed down the video, the sound was slowed down and the pitch was distorted, making it sound like firecrackers. I hope this helped!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Maybe its the reflection from the light on the back of the camera off the patio door?
and the sound from backing into the glass door??

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nihilist Fiend
With the sound...

I recorded the sound from the slowed down version of the movie using a program called Audacity. I took and sped it up about 300% and to be completely honest, it sounds just like the regular speed video. I agree that what might have happened is when you slowed down the video, the sound was slowed down and the pitch was distorted, making it sound like firecrackers. I hope this helped!

Wow! Thank you very much for going through the trouble to do that! It certainly does make sense that if the movie is slowed down, then so would everything else including the audio.
Now I regret not having muted the audio of the video before presenting it to this forum for evaluation... would have saved me a lot of grief, that's for sure!

It was sooooooo wierd trying to convince those naysayers that there were no firecrackers or bottle-bombs going off that night anywhere and not having them believe one word of what I was saying about that. But who could blame them because after all it did sort of sound like one!
Well thanks to you, this issue can be put to rest and thanks again for the analysis!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yea after hearing it at normal speed it just sounds like the mic maybe picked up the sound of your camera moving? It still looks like a point of light and that the camera is moving around (causing the light trail). But it definitely does not sound like firecrackers to me.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh yea, is it possible Palasheea that maybe there was a break in the fog or clouds and you just picked up a quick shot of a star (out of focus possibly), but in trying to get locked on to it you swept by it twice? Maybe it was gone by the time you stopped filming? That is assuming that the camera was indeed moving and the noises were from that.

I only offer this as an explanation because with my digital camera I have yet to take a decent nightime video that didn't come out with either extraneous audio or blurry movements (from my clumsy hands). Not inferring that you are as inept as me but it does remind me of some vids I've attempted to take

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well, once again, I can only report what I saw at the time when I held that camera stationary directed one area of the sky over the lake -- and that was nothing. There were no stars out, no moon, no nothing. The cloud coverage was low and dense -- not a break anywhere up there at that time.
I remember standing there with my camera that night and saying to myself, this silly, there's nothing out there to film! I was sure on playback this video was going to be pitch black with nothing on it and I almost didn't even play it back in Window's Movie Maker because of that. But went a head and looked at it anyway and much to my surprise I saw those lights in it. And let me say this, even though those lights were flashing by fast, I certainly would have seen them through my viewfind when making the movie!
But anyway, if you watched the video -- these are moving objects! Look at the first lights and see how those string of lights change their configurations. And those lights came in from the left while I was holding the camera directed at one point in the sky. But once again, I was there, and you were not. I'm just telling you what I was doing and how I did it and there's nothing more I can do to prove to you or anyone else anything about that.
The only thing I can do at this point is to try taking some more movies and see if anything appears in my video that was not seen at the time when I made the movie. But rest assured, I have learned from this experience of posting this video in a forum like this and I'm hoping those lights or whatever shows up, if it happens again, will stick around longer for me to make a good movie. Lol -- may have to wait another 20 years for that one!

PS -- but one thing I need to add again is that I've seen a lot of lights out there over the lake in the past with my naked eye. It's those lights that I want explained -- what are they? They not like stars and are a lot bigger and closer plus they zip around the sky -- what are they? That's what I'm trying to find out. These lights are zipping around over the lake.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join