It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights/UFO's? over Lake Erie seen off my balcony. Took video's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
Thats just what you want it to be WolfofWar.
People don't want to believe in ET-UFO's so they just try explaining it away and live happy.
I'm not shure what it is yet, but I have an open mind and it could be anything.

EDIT: Ok, it sounded a little too much like fireworks, sorry...

Hmm, now I don't understand what Palasheea is doing on this forum at all..

(I shouldn't post when I'm sleepy anymore)

[edit on 2006/7/17 by TrappedSoul]

It happens.

You might want to edit at the thing about me just "explaining it away" and live happy.

For the record, I believe in extraterrestrials. arguably, I believe they may have come to earth.

But theres a difference between blind faith and "open mindedness"

Skepticism isnt a bad thing, just as open mindedness isnt, but it gets to a point where your so "open minded" that you infact become blind. You see everything but one option, in your pursuit for something more then what theyre may be.

You have to maintain a balance in the field of critical thinking. You have to look upon the evidence and match what finds. Find the evidence.

And sadly, the evidence, inherently in this video, is that of fireworks.

You process the sounds and the sights, and take them into account.

Now, my judgement is that it's simply fireworks. They sound like fireworks, they only appear when said sounds occur, and the ambience inthe skyline lightens, likea burst of gunpowder, following the sound of fireworks, and what appears to be fireworks, in the sky.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
and yet as he moves it, the screen ironically brightens, when the firework sound is made, and immediately following you see...a fire..work...object in the sky?

suuuuuuuuuuuure.

Come on, its a firework, watch it. Its a sheer coincidence that the sky lights up where the objects are, during the fireworks like sound, and then a firework looking object?

Oh, wolf o war -- I thought your comment was an extension of Hal's comments because of your dark avatar's ....
Anyway, I didn't go into this before, but I'm an ITC/EVP researcher/experimenter -- have been for 12 years now. What's been going on on the UFO front is new to me and I only really started getting interested in it when I had that UFO experience around last thanksgiving.
This said, even when I make movies, I get EVP's and other weird sounds on them. If you listen to my video, you might be able to pick up some whispering voices too in addition to those firecracker sounds. In EVP speak, those are called precursor sounds and they are very common in a lot of EVP.
Here's one of my best EVP. I was asking my EVP communicator's/spirits/beings "what are some of the things I can do to improve communication with them?" -- and on playback, an EVP voics said "Press the button". It's unedited and is as I got it. It's already been analyzed by a sound engineer who said that there's a 92% chance that it is not a human voice -- they do a frequency analysis of it. I've put that EVP on a webpage for you to hear:
www.fantasticfrog.net...
If you are not used to hearing EVP then you may not be able to pick up that it's saying that. And even those who are used to hearing such recordings may say that they are hearing something differently... but this is what most of us here are hearing in this one clip.
At any rate, I know I must be coming across as being a jack of all trades, so to speak -- but then again, UFO's fall in that same realm of the unexplainable and the inexplicable.
I didn't expect to see that triangle UFO last year and I never expected to catch some of the thing's I caught on camera since then.... this video in this thread is just one -- and not even my best --lol.......

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I could understand a crackle, but what you have is a crackle that sounds like a firework, at the same time, theres a burst of light visible on your camera, and near the light, there is then the "ufo."

The ufo only occurs when the crackle is heard, and when the crackle is heard, there is always a bright illumination in the skyline.

Its a firework. Its not an EVP. Maybe if everything else didnt happen at the same time, I'd think different, but its obviously a firework.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
Thats just what you want it to be WolfofWar.
People don't want to believe in ET-UFO's so they just try explaining it away and live happy.
I'm not shure what it is yet, but I have an open mind and it could be anything.

EDIT: Ok, it sounded a little too much like fireworks, sorry...

Hmm, now I don't understand what Palasheea is doing on this forum at all..

(I shouldn't post when I'm sleepy anymore)

[edit on 2006/7/17 by TrappedSoul]

Yes, it does sound like fireworks, very much so -- but what can I say? But thanks so much for comments on what WolfofWar was saying -- I agree with you but once again, I don't expect people to believe what I've been presenting here; I know some of it is just too off the wall....

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
oh man, am I suppose to really believe that's something other than fireworks?

i'm totally serial.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
I could understand a crackle, but what you have is a crackle that sounds like a firework, at the same time, theres a burst of light visible on your camera, and near the light, there is then the "ufo."

The ufo only occurs when the crackle is heard, and when the crackle is heard, there is always a bright illumination in the skyline.

Its a firework. Its not an EVP. Maybe if everything else didnt happen at the same time, I'd think different, but its obviously a firework.

Yea I know, I can't understand it myself -- but I don't know what else to say? It was late at night -- 10:30PM! I'm telling you there were no firecrackers going off at that time at night!
Do you want me to say that there were just to prove you right? I can't do that and I see no reason to do that. I'm just reporting what happened that evening and that's the best I can do.
I'm not gaining in any way by telling everyone here my experience that night. I'm just a single mother trying to make ends meet -- who also has an interest in the extraordary. I've never posted here before.... and I'm not trying to "impress" anybody. I'm just telling you what happened and as always, people will reach their own conclusions if it really did happen or not.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
oh man, am I suppose to really believe that's something other than fireworks?

i'm totally serial.

PS: How come nobody ever has HI-DEF ufo videos?

/woes

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i didnt play the video with sound the first time... but now that u mention it... it sounded like firecrackers but... who knows... it can be whatever...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You guys have it explained as a fire cracker 100% it cannot be anything else. Can you explain why he couldnt see any lights over the lake as he filmed it but as he watched his film he saw the lights and heard the sounds? Sure he could be bsing all of us but how can we really know? Can you also please not talk about being blind and open mindedness when all I see coming from you is close-mindedness, which is a terrible, terrible thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthIsOutThere2012
i didnt play the video with sound the first time... but now that u mention it... it sounded like firecrackers but... who knows... it can be whatever...

You know, it's kinda funny because even though I don't care if anybody believes me? -- I think on a deeper level I'm a little concerned about that but not as an ego sort of thing.... Nevertheless, when I first saw and heard this video on playback, there were so many things about it that were soooooo "off", to isolate each and every "thing" about it was just too much for my little brain to "process" at the time.
In fact, it too several viewings for me to even focus on what was in the audio part of it because I was still trying to process what I was actually seeing on playback of a short movie taken of a night sky totally devoid of anything but blackness and hazy fog only to show on playback these bright lights in various configurations when I was trying my best to keep the cam steady and directed at one area of the sky!
Then it finally occurred to me that that loud clapping sound perfectly coincided with the appearance of those first lights in this movie and I must say that it totally freaked me out! -- But me being me -- only as a delayed reaction that I'm so good at.
Anyway... need to turn in now ... but thanks for your comments.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hi Palasheea, interesting video you have there..

What area on the lake do you live? I'm on Lake Erie too, just a little east of Cleveland... Maybe I should break out my video camera more often while i'm beach bummin'.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jet_Set
Hi Palasheea, interesting video you have there..

What area on the lake do you live? I'm on Lake Erie too, just a little east of Cleveland... Maybe I should break out my video camera more often while i'm beach bummin'.

I live right at the border-line of Cuy. and Lake county directly on the lake. Part of the reason why I've posted this information on this board was in hopes that those in my area would respond....
Sounds like I made a good decision. Jet-Set -- keep your eye on the lake!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As soon as I saw the video I had a flashback.

I remembered seeing those kind of lights when I was a kid. I was 8 or 9 and giant half ferris wheel of those light came over my house. My father shinned one of those 1,ooo,ooo candle watt light's on it, but it was kind of like it wasn't there, yet you could tell it was huge.

The news said later that night it was Ultra Light Gliders out of Mass. or NY. But there is no way it was, they could never have made it that far in the middle of night.

Here's a link I found about it. Hope it helps.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Its totally a bottlerocket.
Just because you didn't hear or see the bottle rocket doesn't mean its not a bottle rocket.

You were either looking at the lcd screen, which can obscure a lot of information, especially that faint bottle rocket, or you were looking at the tiny half inch viewfinder screen which can obscure even more information, or you were looking at parts of the sky that the bottle rocket was not in, or your eyesite is just bad and can't focus on a fast moving object that disappears that quickly.

A tripod will cost you $10 to $30 at Kmart or such.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Because i'm at work I can't watch those video clips, so can anyone check one issue out for me.

Sound and light don't travel at the same speed, so what is the distance from the balcony to the area of the lights? You should be able to figure out the delay of the sound and see if it matches up to the lights appearing. This will work only if the audio wasn't altered on the video. I would hope the sounds came after the lights appeared since that is the norm with most fireworks viewed from a distance.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
yea, those are called fireworks
i've lived within 10 miles of the lake for 21 years, every single year without fail people start buying and setting off fireworks early june and wrap it up by mid-august
the explosions you hear are fireworks that went off previous to the ones he is seeing now in the video, sound travels much slower than light, consiquencly why people seem bright till you hear them speak...
j/k

it looks like some sort of twizler type firework being shot from a boat on the lake

there's 2 firework stores near my location and both sell fireworks that go off like this

if you ask me this guy is just trying to intentionally scam us just like the guy who took a picture of a light fixture on the floor and flipped it upsidedown
wouldnt be suprised if it was the same guy, hes got the same MO, long time reader new poster.
seriously, who has such a borring life they just read the forums and never post until they have some "alien encounter" they can't explain???

i have never posted a topic and i have been here for a while, in one form or another, but i am always posting comments

there should be a restriction on how long you have to be a member before you can post new threads
not a post based restriction, but a time based one
make it like a month or something, just to prevent scam's such as this and all the others in the recient flood of them

[edit on 18-7-2006 by wondernut] - for spelling and stuff
after 22 hours of conciousness you'd misspell too...

[edit on 18-7-2006 by wondernut]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wondernut
there should be a restriction on how long you have to be a member before you can post new threads
not a post based restriction, but a time based one
make it like a month or something, just to prevent scam's such as this and all the others in the recient flood of them

Actully that would'nt prevent it, just delay it. The members that are prone to pranks like this, will still do it, even if they have to wait a month.

And, if they had a month to plan and put together a prank, we might all be fooled!

So it's better to

originally by Barney Fife
nip it in the bud

2 cents

[edit on 7/18/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
hmmm that sounds exactly like and looks like what i experience every fourth of july in my town fireworks.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
Because i'm at work I can't watch those video clips, so can anyone check one issue out for me.

Sound and light don't travel at the same speed, so what is the distance from the balcony to the area of the lights? You should be able to figure out the delay of the sound and see if it matches up to the lights appearing. This will work only if the audio wasn't altered on the video. I would hope the sounds came after the lights appeared since that is the norm with most fireworks viewed from a distance.

Excellent observation NJ Mooch! That bang/clap noise occurs BEFORE the appearance of those light configurations that occur at the beginning of the video.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
As soon as I saw the video I had a flashback.

I remembered seeing those kind of lights when I was a kid. I was 8 or 9 and giant half ferris wheel of those light came over my house. My father shinned one of those 1,ooo,ooo candle watt light's on it, but it was kind of like it wasn't there, yet you could tell it was huge.

The news said later that night it was Ultra Light Gliders out of Mass. or NY. But there is no way it was, they could never have made it that far in the middle of night.

Here's a link I found about it. Hope it helps.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Thanks digitalassassin!
I looked over the link and those lights in my video do in fact bear some resemblance to what some of the witnesses saw in Hudson Valley. Sort of like a rosary bead string of lights changing shapes and so on... thanks for the link!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join