It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA leak (Robert Novak lies on TV)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I watched Robert Novak on Tim Russert Sunday morning, and he was lying through his teeth. Tim Russert repeated two quotes that Robert Novak gave in the last couple of years about the CIA leak. Robert Novak said twice back in "2003", or around that year, that he got the name Valerie Plame from sources he could not reveal (Cheney, Rove, Libby). He is quoted saying this twice, that he was "given the names". But now he is saying different. He is saying that his sources did not give names, they just told him it was Plame's wife and he did the research to find her name. I think this is basically the same thing. They didn't give the name, but any idiot, especially in the news, can easily find who Plame was married to. But that doesn't matter, his first quotes were that he was "given names", and he is just saying he mis-spoke "Twice". Maybe once you mis-spoke, but twice, i doubt. He was telling the truth the first time he said it and second. But now he is lying.

Poor Robert Novak looked like a used up a**hole. He has lost whatever bit of integrity he had and now his whole legacy is caught up in this CIA leak. This poor guy will die of a mysterious heartattack i imagine in the next couple of months, similar to Kenny "Boy" lay. Now he is a problem for the administration because he has lied for them and that will eat on him until he can't stand it. He has lied for this administration and everyone could see it in his face on Tim Russert. I was just mad that Tim did not call him on it. But i figure ol' Novak is off to retirement and never heard from again. All them years in the business and now he is ruined.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted by BartIV

I watched Robert Novak on the Tim Russert Sunday; he was lying through his teeth. Russert repeated two quotes that Novak gave in the last couple of years about the CIA leak. Back in "2003" Novak said that he got the name “Valerie Plame” from sources he could not reveal (Cheney, Rove, and Libby). He is quoted saying twice that he was "given the name." Now he says different. He says that his sources did not give a name, they just told him it was "Plame's wife" and he did the research to find her name. [Edited by Don W]

B4, did you mean to say "Wilson’s" wife where you wrote “Plame’s” wife? Yes, Novak feels it is safe to lie now, because the "jig" is up on further indictments. Special Prosecutor Fitzgerald has done his civic duty and the scandal has been contained. Full speed ahead!

I think this is basically the same thing. They didn't give the name, but any idiot in the news [biz] can easily find who Plame was married to.

But that doesn't matter, his first quotes were that he was "given names," and he is now saying he mis-spoke "Twice." Maybe once you mis-speak, but twice, I doubt it. He was telling the truth the first time and [the] second [time]. But now he is lying.

Poor Robert Novak looked all used up. He has lost whatever bit of integrity he had and now his legacy is caught up in this CIA leak. This guy will die of a mysterious heart attack . . he is a problem for the administration because he has lied for them and that will eat on him until he can't stand it. I figure Novak is off to retirement and never [to be] heard from again. All them years in the business and now he is ruined. [Edited by Don W]

It could not happen to a more deserving person. He was “off base” even when Rowland Evans was there to keep him on track. Sort of a polished Pat Buchanan.

[edit on 7/17/2006 by donwhite]

new topics

join