It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Reporting of MUFON gathering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This report is from msnbc.com and again, does not come across as "tongue and cheek".
MSNBC Report

Interesting enough, George Knapp is interviewed in the article. Each time I open an article in one of the main sources (ABC, CNN, FOX, Etc..) I expect a complete joke of an article, but I am surprised at how the articles are not bias or making fun of Ufology.

Happy reading all!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Okay, I thought this article was pretty interesting! The mere fact it wasn't written as a joke and actually interviewed George Knapp! Am I the only one who sees the value in this type of news???

Maybe I should have had a more catchy Title????? Hmmm, maybe Earth Shattering news! MSNBC covers MUFON without laughing???

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Its good to see, here's to more of these popping up in the future.

I think its written for someone new to the field - almost encouraging another/further look into the field.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I agree. It is written as almost an introductory piece. It does present both sides of the argument and certainly doesn't show a decided bias! What I find the most interesting is how reporting on UFOlogy has gone from the National Enquirer to MSNBC.com.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I have a tough time saying an article is unbiased when it ends with

Unproven theories
Backed by years of his UFO sleuthing, Knapp said the sheer size and complexity of the subject is daunting.

“Unproven theories abound,” Knapp continued. “We are pretty sure the visitors are ETs ... or inter-dimensionals ... or time travelers from our future ... or manifestations of the collective consciousness. We also know they are benevolent guardians, evil reptilians, harvesters of souls or genetic materials, angels from heaven, demons from hell, or maybe androids dispatched by incomprehensible super-beings. It’s a proven fact that they are here to help us, teach us, or eat us, or mate with us, or mess with our heads, or save their own species while they carve up our livestock, doodle in our wheat fields, and befuddle our most sophisticated technology.”

Are UFOs driven by teenage pranksters on a joyride through the cosmos, Knapp questioned, or perhaps anthropologists from a parallel universe, modern manifestations of pixies and leprechauns, or pragmatic politicians from Serpo — a planet of Zeta Reticuli — who have cut a deal to trade advanced technology for the unfettered opportunity to abduct and traumatize certain unfortunate bloodlines?

“Take your pick,” Knapp said.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
I'm sorry but I have a tough time saying an article is unbiased when it ends with

Any time you present both sides of the argument, especially when the topic is UFO's, I consider that a step forward. There is far less ridicule in this article than if an article about UFO's was written five years ago. The mere fact it is mainstream and not written as a "look at these crazies" piece is progress

new topics

top topics

join