It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unguarded conversation between Blair & Bush over Middle East Crisis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Centurium,

I knew i'd make you laugh eventually.

You see, mujer del mundo also means "hooker"

Your Spanish is flawless, if i do say so myself! Good for you. Oh, a Spanish ATS would be closed down within 1 day

Alas, I was once married to a woman whose family was from Nicaragua.

I've also heard "mujer del mundo" used to mean a very large woman (as in the size of the world), as well. But I meant it how you originally took it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ol’ Geedubya’s self-righteous jags of ethnocentricity and well-documented diminished grasp of complex global events was placed on the sidelines yesterday, when he said something that is true.

I think it is a great snippet. I love hearing that even at the highest levels of dimplomatic conversation he’s still a cowboy. I mean, could you imagine him saying: “My dear sirs, it is my humble opinion that Hezbullah must cease and desist these operations.” Sometimes I think that is what people expect.

Did you hear the other snippet where he is talking with Putin about travel ETAs and when they are gonna leave he spots Tony Blair and says: “Yo, Blair! You leaving?” This, friends, is the American President.

Of special note from the G8 summit was the rhetoric coming from all major players. Annan and Blair are consistently saying that Israel is attacking Hezbollah, not Lebanon. All calls for peace begin with a request for Hezbollah to stop, Lebanon to grow a pair, and then Israel to stop. It takes a collossal freaking moron to think that Israel is somehow in the wrong by taking measures to defend its sovereign borders. I would say “pro-active measures”, but this crap has gone on long enough that in reality this is just self-defense on a drawn-out scale.

With that said, my problem with Israel is their apparent logic here: If your daughter is shacked up with a bank robber, the smart thing for the police to do is to come over to your house and kill your wife and son. That’ll be sure to convert you into a highly cooperative citizen, right?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

my problem with Israel is their apparent logic here: If your daughter is shacked up with a bank robber, the smart thing for the police to do is to come over to your house and kill your wife and son. That’ll be sure to convert you into a highly cooperative citizen, right?
Screwey, isnt it?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I find it pathetic the main focus in the first posts are about a simple word that means nothing more than exaggerating a point. OMG BUSH SAID # !

Regardless, interesting convo between these guys. I wish though he'd say "Isreal needs to stop this #" even though I'm not in any way supporting Syria either. Good job during the cartoon riots guys

Man this planet is # up.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Panzeroth]

[edit on 18-7-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun

my problem with Israel is their apparent logic here: If your daughter is shacked up with a bank robber, the smart thing for the police to do is to come over to your house and kill your wife and son. That’ll be sure to convert you into a highly cooperative citizen, right?
Screwey, isnt it?

I posted this in answer to another dgtempe thread, but it clearly fits here as well, and describes the situation in the ME much better than the previous posters.

What if Canada was sending rockets and other weapons to Mexico which then fired them over the border at San Diego, etc? Then some Mexicans crossed the border and killed and kidnapped some American soldiers? All because the Mexicans felt we took some of their territory in a past war.

What do you think the U.S. response to that scenario would (and should) be? Don't you think we'd go into Mexico after the rockets and also be threatening Canada for supplying them to Mexico? Of course we would.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"Blair: Yeah, no I think the [indistinct] is really difficult. We can't stop this unless you get this international business agreed.

Bush: Yeah. "

Things that make you go 'hmmmmnn.'

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
I find it pathetic the main focus in the first posts are about a simple word that means nothing more than exaggerating a point. OMG BUSH SAID # !

Regardless, interesting convo between these guys. I wish though he'd say "Isreal needs to stop this #" even though I'm not in any way supporting Syria either. Good job during the cartoon riots guys

Man this planet is # up.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Panzeroth]

[edit on 18-7-2006 by sanctum]

Oh come on man, your president can say it!

Nevermind

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It seems to me based on the reading of the article text there is a short time for ole Conde to get things wrapped up before there is something majored planned. Did anyone else get that out of it?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't get it, I just don't get it!

So Bush said S__T-BFG!!!! Get over it people. It is NOT big news!

If you want to worry about something, here are a few idea's for u.

Iran/Syria/Hamas/Hezbolla/lebanon/Israel/NK.............................

To be honest with you all, i like what he said, he was right. If the Hezbolla would stop this S__T, we could have peace... (para phrased)

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What I find troublesome here isn't that Bush said "#".. we all swear, and sometimes we get caught... but, if you look at the whole clip, not just the part where he swears, it's the way he treats Blair and his general manner. He's disrespectful (to the man who is, presumably, his greatest foreign ally), not giving Blair a chance to speak, and Blair is trying to get across some important thoughts, it seems. He's like a bull in a china shop, and maybe that's what some people like about him, but I would be prouder of (and more confident in) a leader with a little grace and the ability to listen to his allies. If this is how he acts at such meetings, how many possible opportunities have been lost to the United States because others have been offended, unimpressed, or generally lost their confidence in this man? His faux-cowboy attitude affects us all.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's also an opportunity for those who revere President Bush and his claims of Christianity to see that he has more of a potty mouth than I do. The ease at which that language rolled effortlessly out of his mouth indicates to me that he uses this kind of language all the time. I've never heard a Christian talk like that.

He's a fraud.

As if one single curse word ever said in anger means that you are not a Christian. At the worst it is a single sin, which as a slip up and not noteably a part of everyday language would be covered under something called GRACE...not even always needing repentance to be covered. Those Christians who are against Bush because he's a fool are more in danger of scriptural hellfire. ...and I can get you multiple diffrent verses to fully expound my point, in private. This is far too far off subject to continue here.

Anyway, it's nice to see that the man does have a diffrence between personal beliefs and "head of a governing body" beliefs. (Which means either his morals are wishy washy, or he has more tact than people give him credit for.)

I agree with his personal opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
What I find troublesome here isn't that Bush said "#".. we all swear, and sometimes we get caught... but, if you look at the whole clip, not just the part where he swears, it's the way he treats Blair and his general manner. He's disrespectful (to the man who is, presumably, his greatest foreign ally), not giving Blair a chance to speak, and Blair is trying to get across some important thoughts, it seems. He's like a bull in a china shop, and maybe that's what some people like about him, but I would be prouder of (and more confident in) a leader with a little grace and the ability to listen to his allies. If this is how he acts at such meetings, how many possible opportunities have been lost to the United States because others have been offended, unimpressed, or generally lost their confidence in this man? His faux-cowboy attitude affects us all.

Wow, very well said. Voted. I couldn't have put it better myself.. maybe he is a little too relaxed in his relationship with Blair, he knows Blair will always follow him regardless.

[edit on 18/7/06 by SteveR]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
its amazing.. people think a president is like a robot never saying a bad word ever.... everyone uses bad words and GWB used one there.. who cares? it wasnt a press conference, the mics were supposed to be shut. god dam people harp on everything this guy does.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Wow, very well said. Voted. I couldn't have put it better myself.. maybe he is a little too relaxed in his relationship with Blair, he knows Blair will always follow him regardless.

[edit on 18/7/06 by SteveR]

Speaking of relaxed relationships with heads of state. Have you seen the latest relaxing moment?

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think there is a difference between bad language and bad manners, imho.

It is all agreed that Mr. Bush is from a wealthy, "sophisticated" family. As such, he is supposed to be "educated" in the finer arts of manners and speech. Doesn't that separate the wealthy from the other classes? Isn't that what prep and finishing schools, debutante balls, country clubs and society gatherings amongst the elite are for?

For Mr. Bush to display the type of behavior depicted during his conversation with Mr. Blair, I can only say that old money does not breed class.

Mr. Blair, at least, can chew with his mouth closed.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well said Ceci

As I said before, it isn't his language that is disturbing, it is all of it - his laissez faire attitude, his slumped posture, talking with bread in his mouth, treating Blair like he's some ranch hand. There is a time and place for his behaviour and it isn't a G8 summit. I had to replay the conversation a few times because I wasn't sure if he was saying 'I feel like telling Kofi to get on the phone with Assad and make something happen' or 'do you like mustard or mayo on your burger Tony.'

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally quoted by nikelbee
Well said Ceci

As I said before, it isn't his language that is disturbing, it is all of it - his laissez faire attitude, his slumped posture, talking with bread in his mouth, treating Blair like he's some ranch hand. There is a time and place for his behaviour and it isn't a G8 summit. I had to replay the conversation a few times because I wasn't sure if he was saying 'I feel like telling Kofi to get on the phone with Assad and make something happen' or 'do you like mustard or mayo on your burger Tony.'

Thank you, nikelbee. I have been bothered for a long time about Mr. Bush's behavior in polite society. He is unpolished and rather uncouth in his approach to others. The G8, no matter how anyone paints it, was a serious affair. It was to deal with international relations. And for a man to represent the United States, his behavior during that luncheon could only be taken by world citizens as a reflection of Americans world wide.

He should have been on his best behavior even if he was in front of the camera. He should have been dignified and refined in his manner and his approach.

His behavior, to me, conveys his contempt for good manners and breeding especially when holding a very important position in the world. This is especially felt with his treatment of other international heads of state. His cavalier attitude is rather off-putting. Knowing the state of things in the world today, he should tread very carefully about how he considers others.

But knowing that he doesn't care or respect the customs, manners or politeness of others, it is a black mark upon the Presidency of the United States.

I don't expect him to sound like John Adams or George Washington when he speaks. But I do wish that he would have decorum afforded to his office when dealing with others. That means acting in the best possible way around others.

Like it or not, he's a role model due to his position. And what does it say to the rest of us when he is shoving a roll in his mouth, cursing and letting food fly out while he is eating?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
OK. So let's all update our (extensive) list of the things we hate about George Bush. Are we all in agreement that "bad table manners" needs to be added at the end, right after "monkey", "Dictator", "buffoon", and "generalissimo"? Got to make sure we all stay on the same page with our lists up to date. Next briefing, er, thread will be released at noon, EST.

[edit on 7/21/2006 by centurion1211]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join