It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unguarded conversation between Blair & Bush over Middle East Crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
How absolutely immature to ignore the substance of the conversation and focus exclusively on the use of a minor swear word.

What makes you think the mentioning of him swearing automatically means we ignored the substance of the conversation? An incorrect assumption on your part, I believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just saw and heard the so called unstaged conversation, it's questionable on whether it was staged or not the Bush Administration has such a tight control on the media I tend to think it is staged.

Also wondering if anyone (sound experts with equipment) has been able to figure out the unintelligible parts of the conversation thus far?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Pardon me, while in my immaturity, I respond to this post...

Originally posted by looking4truth
Can anyone point me to the rules where it says you can't be a christian and say SH*T?

Does the Bible Forbid Cursing?

As far as I know, the Bible does not give a list of "swear words" anywhere. But it forbids cursing, swearing, mockery, and generally foul language in many places.

Ephesians 5:4
Let there be no filthiness, nor silly talk, nor levity, which are not fitting; but instead let there be thanksgiving.

Colossians 3:8
But now put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and foul talk from your mouth.

Don't get me wrong, I swear like a sailor, but I don't carry a bible and claim to be a Christian and kill people in the name of God. So it's not the fact that he swears, it's the hypocrisy that I loathe.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
How absolutely immature to ignore the substance of the conversation and focus exclusively on the use of a minor swear word.

That's it, break out the party hats, Bush said the S-Word. I guess none of you were born when LBJ was president.

You'll notice that the title of this thread is CONVERSATION between Bush and Blair, the one where people are shocked about his swearing is another thread on PTS. That must be the one you mean.

Goose - I was thinking the same thing.
I think Bush pulled a little ventriloquism trick by blocking his mouth with a piece of bread so you can't follow what his lips are saying.

I still think it was staged. It just seems too perfect that so many cameras and microphones were around and they were caught 'off guard'.

They're probably experts at talking w/out moving their lips by now. Also notice how Blair is standing up and not hovering near Bush's ear or covering up his mouth with his hand the way you would when you are talking about someone who is nearby in the room.

Come on guys, takes some lessons from 7th grade girls. Learn to whisper.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here's the full transcript if no-one has it:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If Bush and Blair were talking with minimal lip movement, I'm not surprised.

Many people can lip read and if they were talking "in secret" then they would minimize the movement of their lips or hide their mouth with an object - as they have done...and as they will continue to do while they are having private conversations where there is the possibility of the presense of video and/or lip readers.

That conversation was not meant to be heard.

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think at the end he actually says "We're not playing with the lebanese.." which sounds more threatening and interesting.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have heard many 'Born Agains' say the 's' word while I lived in Alabama.
It's not really a cuss word to them .. just taking God's name and that sort of
thing is. At least that's what they told me.

This conversation definately wasn't staged. If it was, he wouldn't have gotten
caught with his mouth full of food while talking. Barbara Bush probably had a
fit when she saw her son talking with his mouth full and shoveling more food
in while talking. BAD MANNERS!! Not worthy of a Texas gentleman!

BTW .. what he said about Syria making a few phone calls and this would all
be over... I agree. Syria and Iran could end it in minutes with a call to their
terrorist arm - Hezbollah - in Lebanon. It definately would be that easy to
end THIS round of violence.

(to end it for good would take a lot more .. something I don't know if is possible)

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I think at the end he actually says "We're not playing with the lebanese.." which sounds more threatening and interesting.

You "think" he says that? Where did he say that? And that would mean he contradicted himself because he said that the Labanese government was not to blame.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't think it was staged. He wouldn't use that language. He was candid, being himself. Talking while food flung out of his potty mouth.

It's also an opportunity for those who revere President Bush and his claims of Christianity to see that he has more of a potty mouth than I do. The ease at which that language rolled effortlessly out of his mouth indicates to me that he uses this kind of language all the time. I've never heard a Christian talk like that.

He's a fraud.

Oh come on
Look how holier than thou you sound? What? You personally never said the s-word yourself or heard it said before?

Anything "useable" to bash Bush on and you're there.

Earth to BH, I'm guessing that most people hearing this story are thinking -
1) This is reportable news????? and
2) Good, the Pres is showing some cojones just when we were thinking he didn't have them anymore.

[edit on 7/17/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I saw the whole thing on CNN- classy. Our president speaking with a mouthfull of who knows what, speaking out of the side of his mouth....didnt phase Blair one bit.
(And i thought the man had class) Blair that is.

I even saw a few morsels drop out of our presidents full mouth...

I guess weather it was staged or not, we will never know.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

2) Good, the Pres is showing some cajones just when we were thinking he didn't have them anymore.

CAJONES: Boxes made out of wood

COJONES: Family jewels- in his case, dragging.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
You "think" he says that? Where did he say that? And that would mean he contradicted himself because he said that the Labanese government was not to blame.

Duh, I'm saying he did not say that.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It was 6:00 this morning when my husband made me listen to that conversation.

Now I don't know if I am mistaken but is Bush or Blair insinuating that. . . what Israel is doing with Lebanon it should do with Iran?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by centurion1211

2) Good, the Pres is showing some cajones just when we were thinking he didn't have them anymore.

CAJONES: Boxes made out of wood

COJONES: Family jewels- in his case, dragging.

Fixed. Muchas gracias mujer del mundo.

Earth to dgtempe, as well. Substance is way more important than style. If Bush helps solve the crisis, does it matter if he spits out a little food in the process?

From all the people being directly impacted by the violence:
Answer = "No!"

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Centurium,

Mujer del mundo- can be taken two ways. I'll take it the nice way, which i know is what you meant.
Worldly? Yes.

I s'pose it dont matter none if he's seen chewing like a cow...Jest do da right thing, mr Presdent.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Nothing slips out like this and just gains huge coverage unless it was deliberately staged. When I first saw the story on this, I found it so unusual something like this happened. The Bush Admin... you can expect this, its manipulation at its best.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If if werent manipulated, Blair would have been rolling his eyes while looking at Bush chew.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hah, that's the one thing I like about Spanish - the nuances you can make because there is sometimes more than one word for something English has only one word for. Such as the English "hot" - calor or picante. And here's one that pres 42 would appreciate - verbs in Spanish like "is" (to be) can be temporary or permanent - like someone is (esta) a liberal congressman (temporary) or is (es) intelligent (permanent). Get it?

Imagine ATS or PTS in Spanish
We'd all really have to be on our toes to make sure we didn't miss the "real" meaning.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Centurium,

I knew i'd make you laugh eventually.

You see, mujer del mundo also means "hooker"

Your Spanish is flawless, if i do say so myself! Good for you. Oh, a Spanish ATS would be closed down within 1 day

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join