It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World NEEDS a World War III

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Before you cut me down as being wrong, you have to assume that DaRage is about 70 plus years old. It's a fair assumption that a random australian has never fought in a war.

Secondly, I don't need to refer to a history book to address someone that thinks that killing vast quantities of people is a good idea!

1st of all I was not cutting you down, Was just pointing out a fact. 2nd of all, When did I say it is justified to kill vast quantities of people?

I hope the 2nd part of you post was not referring to what I posted. I said We do not need need another world war, too many people get killed as a result.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The only ones that need a new WW are the US, UK and Middle East. Middle East to finaly get past their differences, and the US and UK to teach them war isn't a game you can play to boost your economy and isn't something you should do to go around the world and tell other people how to live their lives.

Europe, Russia, Japan and even China seem to be the only top players that matured enough to know that war isn't an answer to anything.

Maybe that is because they are the ones that felt the brunt of destruction during the last world wars.

Why hasn't the UK learned the same lessons as the rest of Europe? They got bombarded to, but were relativly safe compared to the rest of europe.

Why hasn't the US matured past the point of thinking War is OK?

Apart from loosing soldiers and some economical problems, they have never felt how it feels to live in a World War class warzone for over a decade.

The only way they ever experienced World War class warfare is being on the dealing end of damage and destruction, mostly half of the world away from their own homes.

The only way the US will learn War is not the way to go, EVER, is if they for once are on the recieving and of a decade of death and destruction.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Why am I only 22 years of age and have read about the world wars of the past ... and this is seeming to be the begginning of another Great Conflict. What we need is to realize we all live on the same planet and there are goign to be differences the rest of our lives. But differences aren't worth killing people over. We need to learn how to live in Peace, is waht we need to do .. if a war is what it is going to take to make some people see that .. Then so be it ... ... and I am sorry, that you all are so BLIND.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
and the US and UK to teach them war isn't a game you can play to boost your economy and isn't something you should do to go around the world and tell other people how to live their lives.

But isn't that exactly what the Coalition are trying to do in Iraq?

Install a western "style" Democracy in an ancient tribal society. It just won't work.

sanc

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
Why am I only 22 years of age and have read about the world wars of the past ... and this is seeming to be the begginning of another Great Conflict. What we need is to realize we all live on the same planet and there are goign to be differences the rest of our lives. But differences aren't worth killing people over. We need to learn how to live in Peace, is waht we need to do .. if a war is what it is going to take to make some people see that .. Then so be it ... ... and I am sorry, that you all are so BLIND.

it took centuries of war and then finally two world wars for europe to start to want to live togther. europe was so tired of fighting each other after ww2 that we decided we needed to get along just for the sake of it, and europe is now on the verge of one europe. i think the middle east needs to also have a massive war for the same reasons, otherwise they will never want to live next to each other.

i think the middle east will break into wide war one day because of these facts. even today you see israeli's just wanting israel to do what ever it takes to get this thing finished or this will just go on forever. islam and jews both believe they have some sacred right to occupy that land, and will never discuss with each other over it.

so where does the world go from here.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
The World NEEDS a World War III

I think you need to check up on your history, The aussies fought during world war 2, have fought in both gulf wars, so your statement that they do not know what war is like, WRONG.

Not to mention Vietnam, Korea, The Malayan Emergency and Somalia. There's plenty of Veterens around over here. Thanks for mentioning us spencer .

I still don't agree with the Original Poster though, we don't need ww3. Horrible Thought.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
We dont need a war we need PEACE

I say this as an ex military man who has experienced war and its not a nice place to be. And as much as i saw the suffering and loss of life i know i didnt even see a 10th of the sights experienced by those oh so brave men (Boys) of the first and second world war i saw enough to make me realise how evil war is.

The thing is the sheeple take on board and are brainwashed by their goverments when what we need in this world is a revolution for peace. What we need is a world of harmony and well being but instead the greedy goverments inflict pain and suffering as a only alternitive

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" John Lennon.

No wonder they had him shot he probably would have been the leader of the revolution

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
thesaint - i think all that harmony stuff may come in the long future, at the mo human race are a bunch of warriors that like nothing more than to see another persons head blown of or head cut off. might sound harsh but we really are like that.

anyone saying anything like peace is called being a softy or worse. i get your point though, but i assume you understand we are not at a point for that harmony stuff yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You think that peace should be interrupted by war so we can have peace. What for? so we can have another war. What kind of irrelevant sick circular logic is that.

you think that man kind will achieve any sort of meaingful and lasting peace?

war is part of human nature, as soon as you figure that out, the better off youll be

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No i quite understand that but how sad is it. I mean there are 6 billion people on this planet and i bet at least 5 billion of them would love a world of peace and harmony. And out of those 6 billion its a few hundred oil greedy politicians that encourage us to fight. If only the majority of the world was brave enough to stand face to face with the leaders and demand peace.

No doubt we will sink into a abyss of chaos and destruction before that happens

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Why hasn't the UK learned the same lessons as the rest of Europe? They got bombarded to, but were relativly safe compared to the rest of europe.

Why hasn't the US matured past the point of thinking War is OK?

Because we want our empire back, and so do the people whose forefathers it was that sailed accross the pond. Remember, Britain was never defeated as such. It was silly 'treaties' and notions of 'democracy' that set the sun on our once extensive Imperial holdings.

Originally posted by thesaint
I say this as an ex military man who has experienced war and its not a nice place to be.

Well said!

[edit on 17-7-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
War doesn't solve problems, it tends to magnify and multiply them. We're still going to have to deal with global warming and destructive microbes made stronger and more unpredictable by an increasingly hostile environment. Food shortages, possibly famines, religious differences - all these things will be inflammed by war.

Self-defense is one thing, a war for global dominance is quite another.

I for one, would just as soon skip WWIII. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
you think that man kind will achieve any sort of meaingful and lasting peace?

No I don't, I am saying it is possible and should be the goal. Clearly, reading you war mongering muppets, this is just wishful thinking.

war is part of human nature, as soon as you figure that out, the better off youll be

Yes, of course, we are all better off with war. Peace is obviously a ludicrous concept and the sooner I come round to that way of thinking, I will be more fulfilled. I've never heard such tripe. How does anyone reason with your line of thinking?

The sad thing is that peace will never prevail when so many are quite simply pro war. There are people that need it and want it. I just can't empathise with these people, I don't understand the reason and logic, I am just glad I'm not one of them. I should stay away from PTS, it worries the hell out of me. Theres no hope for anyone when there's mentalities like this running around on the loose.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
And my mentality is different than all the other posters int he last decade who post WWIII!!!! WWIII!!!! when something big and devastating is happening around the world.

WW3 is gunna happen.

It needs to happen.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
World Needs WW3?

Wrong.

The world needs to wake up for ourselves, to see theres life beyond your *F word here* office, to see there is so much to solve, so many people that is suffering already and we can't see.

War? Unfortunatelly nothing was posted here about the attacks to São Paulo last months, that is something really close to civil war;
So you really should think about your country problems rather thinking about how you would defeat the enemy in a atomic holocaust.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Your comments are dead on.

What type of twisted reality are we in that people are starting to believe that war=peace!?
Want to make your life meaningful? Wage peace! not war,its probably much harder to do.

For the poster who said "War is human nature."
Im sorry but when has murder been human nature? Because essentially thats what war is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join