It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Prepares To Attack Syria & Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Such a statement made '' by accident'' on open cameras and microphones

Don,t you think this could be a leak to put the wind up Syria that they are prepared to move in?

Agent T - exactly! I posted just a few minutes ago about that very same thing. I think it was on purpose. Both men are politically savvy. Especially Blair.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
I'm afraid you're a bit too late on this front as the US already provides billions of dollars in aid to Israel every year…

Yes I know about that, and believe me I’m not happy about it but seeing as that is something that’s not going to change I’m against the US intervening in this war and helping Israel out.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yeah.!! ''leaking'' information is the modern trend in business as well as politics. I do not believe for one second that this was NOT (EDIT. OOPS)a deliberate move to let the world know further intentions..

Beats having a press conference and announcing it officially..
This way gets them off the hook either way too.

They could say now...''Well we had to move in or look weak once Syria got the news''
Or the statement alone could provoke further support in the M.E coz we know they,re not likely to back out now

[edit on 17-7-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
...I’m against the US intervening in this war and helping Israel out.

I understand your sentiments but the point is that without the existing US aid Israel could not even contemplate fighting this war. Without the ability to raid the deep pockets of the US citizen Israel would have no effective option but to have found a (relatively) peacful accommodation with the Palestinians many years ago.

The bravado of the Israelis would probably be tempered somewhat without their big brother stood behind them in the shadows.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I doubt its preparation for an invasion (yes ???) - the government is merely doing the sensible thing and sending two large and capable ships.

You need ships that have the capability to house and move large numbers of people when your planning an extraction of 10K and when there's shooting going on it makes sense to have ships that can defend themselves and the other countries busy extracting citizens.

You need the ability to defend both against terrorist attacks and the Israeli's - not saying they will , but its a sensible precaution.

At a later date , when the Americans have extracted more troops from Iraq, maybe then , but not before.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think the military is there to protect and organize the evacuation of high risk foreign nationals.

Israel will have to either stand down or help to cover the evacuation as well.

The U.S. has roughly 2,200 Marines off shore with the same goals in mind.

There is a tremendous danger that Hezbolluh fighters might attempt to take down evacuation aircraft.

From what I understand, U.S. forces will prepare an emergency runway and then employ the use of 50-100 chartered jets and helicopters to carry somewhere around 25,000 evacuees to safety.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I know your type,and I personly don't want to waste my time and energy on you,so just keep thinking the way you want........

but just to be clear,this thing happened totaly on surprise,and there was a clear militery failure there (amount of time needed to react after the soldier kiddnaping) ,and this whole conflict seems so not needed,not for Israel and not for Levanon,

[edit on 17-7-2006 by BombLord]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BombLord

but I know that if LONDON or any other major city was under attack,Beyrut would have now turned into a big parking lot.........and nobody in the world media would say anything .......why ? beacus your not Israeli.

Which is why Dublin is now a desolate wasteland

When we were attacked for decades by terrorists who demanded we moved our troops out of what they considered occupied territrory, we did not bomb the country which sheltered many of these murderers. Nor did we fire missiles at civilians - even when we knew they supported the activities of the terrorists - (otherwise Belfast would also now be a wasteland).

Admittedly we were usually given warming before the US financed IRA attacked us. But thousands still died.

Peace is possible in the Middle East. Question is: does anyone really want it?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
btw it's worth noting that Britain doesn't currently have the spare military capacity to invade The Faeroe Islands, let alone take on Syria and Iran!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Israel is nothing more than a satelite nation for americans,but on anyway I am glad of theire supprt,and be more than happy if they invade there,less rockets for me to dodge .

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

btw it's worth noting that Britain doesn't currently have the spare military capacity to invade The Faeroe Islands

You've got to rememebr that those sheep are tough

We may not have the force projection to do anything othen than a limited securing of evacuation routes, you can guarantee that we could still give a bloody nose to most of the forces in the area.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
So, if as you say the US and EU shouldn't get involved in this conflict, then they shouldn't tell us how to run our OWN independent country, and they shouldn't tell us what we can and cant do to protect the life's and welfare of the citizens in our own suborn territory,

And they should stop robbing iraqi banks and trying to free their own soldiers whiling killing innocent iraqi's, and then claiming that WE murder children.

Talk is cheap, come to Israel, I wanna see you having the guts to live here,
Being bombed by rockets and hoping you will live to see the next bus stop alive.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

Originally posted by WestPoint23
...I’m against the US intervening in this war and helping Israel out.

I understand your sentiments but the point is that without the existing US aid Israel could not even contemplate fighting this war. Without the ability to raid the deep pockets of the US citizen Israel would have no effective option but to have found a (relatively) peacful accommodation with the Palestinians many years ago.

The bravado of the Israelis would probably be tempered somewhat without their big brother stood behind them in the shadows.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by timeless test]

You do make a good point, the US does supply Israel.

What you fail to mention (it's ok, we all know) is thall the $$$$$$$$, arms and training the Hamas and Hezbollah murdering terrorists get from Iran and Syria.

If they were not paid and armed by those terrorists’ countries, the murdering terrorists would have no choice but to find a (relatively) peaceful existence with their neighbors.

The bravado of the murdering terrorists would probably be tempered somewhat without their big brother terrorist’s states standing fully behind them in the shadows.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
oilwar,

You seriously need to change the title of this thread as it is misleading, The warships are being sent to evacuate the British national and other nationals if this conflict escalates, and it is escalating, the marines are there to protect the evacuess, and the warships, btw it is not just 2 warships that are being send other british warships have arrived in the region, to help with the evacuation, european countries are working together to get all foreign nationals out of there.

So ya know change the title of your thread the UK does not have provacation to Attack Syria or Iran, You are just too full of speculation. This kind of misleading info causes trouble, so you need to watch what you are posting.

Updare:, Oks two British Warships are alrady in the area, with another two arriving shortly, Biggest seaborn evacuation since Dunkirk.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
strange,Dunkirk had about 300k + of evacuated people
and I debut therea are more than 100k in levanon

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well that is what Skynews is calling it, Another news channel trying to hype up what is Happening In that region...

The us is also sending a cruise liner to pick up American Nationals accompanied by a US Warship.

It is becomming very interesting to say the least, Didn't go to my bed until 6am thismornign watching the news channels.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

brittish reckon biggest evacuation since dunkirk, may be underway soon.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
What you fail to mention (it's ok, we all know) is thall the $$$$$$$$, arms and training the Hamas and Hezbollah murdering terrorists get from Iran and Syria.

...and the reason I didn't mention it is that it was not relevant to the point I was discussing at the time - which was that the US could not stand back from aiding Israel in this matter as the aid has already been given in very large amounts.

As you rightly say, we all know that the Palestinians are funded by other states but the tactics used by Israel for their "self defence" are widely perceived to be disproportionate and it is the nature of this activity which angers so many people.

Originally posted by mrmonsoom
The bravado of the murdering terrorists would probably be tempered somewhat without their big brother terrorist’s states standing fully behind them in the shadows.

I always believe that a state which owes so much to the terrorists who fought to help establish it should use caution when describing the actions of others of whom it diasapproves.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
the UK is apparently sending further 'warships'

They've either realised two aint enough for the number of citizens, holiday makers etc, or they are preparing for something else.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am from the U.K. myself and there is no way we are going to invade Syria/Iran,the ships are there to evac and support British nationals 30 of which were evacuateded when the UK delivered a small militaryrecon team and diplomatic team including an EU diplomat.

With the UK troops already tied up in afghanistan and Iraq there is no way the UK would join in other conflicts without support.

Source of Evac info house of commons speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join