It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaid on Ebay

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This guy has been making those for years. www.thefeejeemermaid.com... is his website. There he just says they are fake, strange that he says otherwise on ebay.

(edit: well, not really his website. but the one his work is on display on.)

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Remko]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yeah, that would be fake advertising. I wonder about the people who buy these, do they think they're real or what?

Heh - no negative feedback, and amongst his buyers is www.mysterymuseum.com... I guess they must all know it's fake.

[edit on 9/8/2006 by Rattus Norvegicus]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
sounds fishy to me

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That's awesome. I'd love to have one of those bad boys on my wall!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The guy states they are fakes in his description. Notice how he states:

Her skin and fin are authentic once living fish flesh.

He made them from fish.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
New auction from the Mermaid man. This one is called 'Human Faced Fish Monster' and I'm happy to see he's back to his old tricks.

Amazing....Beyond belief!!!! but you best believe. Did the human race evolve from fish? Some say we evolved from the apes. This could be the proof that we came from fish! This is the fish that was discussed on the Coast to Coast radio show with George Noory. Rest assured that this auction is for REAL and not a joke. The winner to this auction will recieve our long lost ancestor shown in the photos below. Please email me if you have any questions.

Fishy

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
mmmm..a herbivorious sea creature. Dont see that much. (except his previous full lenght mermaid!) He does do a good job. Rogue taxidermy i believe its called.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
wow even if they are fake they would b some pretty kick ass movie props

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Imagine if it were real!!

unicorncreations.tripod.com...

You can also view images 001 thru 007

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
LOL. This guy is hilarious. He must think that all eBayers are a bunch of stupid 10 year olds or something like, "OOH IT'S A MERMAID!" One ... it is in a shaded area. It can not be that sunbleached to the point of being completely white. Two... it has not decomposed one bit. Maggots and ants haven't eaten out the eyes or anything. If it were sun bleached to a white-ish color, it must've been lying there long enough to decompose. Three... he has a picture of the face and of the back. He must've flipped it over (duh). And it's completely stiff. Even dead bodies are a little limp when you move them. Four ... the gums are way too red to be of a dead body and the eyes are pristine.

One of the most creative hoaxes I've seen, but it's still a hoax.

EDIT//

Well I checked out his site. Again, he is still lying about the authenticity of these things. He says he all found them on the beach... and he says they were "victims of natural death". A bit of a contradiction there, eh? Yeah, so many of these little creatures are getting beached every day!

Check this one out! I'd love to catch this while I was fishing:

www.thefeejeemermaid.com...

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Paresthesia]

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Paresthesia]

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Most definately a hoax!! But I have to say - VERY creative. Must have taken some time to make.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If you read the feedback comments located here the person who bought it said "FABULOUS Sea Monster! Incredibly well packed; TERRIFIC seller! Thank you", makes you wonder does'nt it?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is a new type of Feegee Mermaid, that the eBayer has put on
click here
it looks really strange and mishaped, what does everyone think of it?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It looks like a big roasted pork. I guess we know what will popular in this year's bbq.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
this art is done by Juan Cabana he live in florida. His art is done of natural skin and bones collected from diferent animals.
tou can see more of his work here SeaMystery

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
There are some people who do this sort of taxidermy thing, myself being one of them. Basically it just goes back to the old side show fakes of many, many years ago - but hey, it's fun to do stuff like that.

I've sold a couple of mutant alien coyotes on Ebay and some other things before, so there is a market for that sort of stuff out there. But I've never tried to pass any of mine off as being real, although you could take the descriptions as sort of tongue-in-cheek....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join