It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaid on Ebay

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I came across this link while surfing today, anyone know anything about it?

cgi.ebay.com...

It's probably a fake, but I think it's well made. Looks a little alien. :p

Edited because the link won't seem to work...
[edit on 17/7/2006 by Rattus Norvegicus]

[edit on 17/7/2006 by Rattus Norvegicus]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
That is the hottest mermaid I've seen in a long time. She'd look great in my pool.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It looks exactly like the so-called "Human Stingray" (ATS thread 1 and Similiar ATS Thread)
Lovely quality pictures ... But the "owner" doesn't want to provide more pictures, nor does he want to provide a "close-up"... Also he says there is no smell coming from the "dead" creature... Now show me any sort of water-going creature that doesn't have a smell.

I'll put my money on hoax.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This guy seems to be very lucky at finding "seamonsters"... He sold another seamonster only last week... Imagine that. The buyer seems to be happy with his item (a "human mummified octopus")...?

Edit:
And Another seamonster he found and auctioned...

And - yes, you've guessed it - another seamonster ... But wait - this one looks exactly like the mermaid he's currently trying to sell...

And... Wait for it... Another Seamonster - exactly the same as the previous 2 mermaids - he sold on eBay... Wow... This guy should go looking for Bigfoot... He's got amazing talent at finding cryptoids...

I rest my case.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Haha what a guy! I wonder how he makes them, he must be quite talented. If I had enough money, I'd buy them just to have. It's must be a cool thing to show visitors.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rattus Norvegicus
Haha what a guy! I wonder how he makes them, he must be quite talented. If I had enough money, I'd buy them just to have. It's must be a cool thing to show visitors.

LoL. My guess would be that he's some sort of Taxidermist (with too much time on his hands!). And it would be cool to have one of those things. I like the baboon face fish...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

I rest my case.

Looks like we were both investigating this hoaxter at the same time.

You missed his fish with a human head though.

Check out my last post here.

[edit on 7/17/06 by redmage]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Looks like we were both investigating this hoaxter at the same time.

Check out my last post here.

So we have!
Great minds or what! Gimme five!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Fantastic! You notice that in all his 'findings' he happens upon these strange, freaky creatures as he is walking along a 'lonely' beach.

Where exactly is this guy walking, Atlantis? I think I'm going to place a bid for one of these. If I lose I wonder if he has additional mermaids in his stock he can offer me?

I think he's talented anyway - the thingy with the oddly shaped head and the sharp teeth is quite scary.

This guy should be working in Hollywood instead of spending all his time on long beach walks.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
Fantastic! You notice that in all his 'findings' he happens upon these strange, freaky creatures as he is walking along a 'lonely' beach.

Where exactly is this guy walking, Atlantis? I think I'm going to place a bid for one of these. If I lose I wonder if he has additional mermaids in his stock he can offer me?

I think he’ll be able to “find” a mermaid for you as well... Interesting enough his mermaids (the ones he find) seems to be getting bigger and bigger... There must be a growth spurt amongst mermaids...

Also, in all his descriptions he talks about some sort of "riot" and how he manages to take a picture of the creature amongst all the chaos, and then somehow he ends up with the "monster"...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Gimme five!

*high five*

I love that I found him winning the "baboon skull" auction too (in regards to the "monster" on the other thread), clasic.

If I lose I wonder if he has additional mermaids in his stock he can offer me?

I bet, if you contact him, he just might stumble acroos the exact size of a "sea monster" you're looking for.

Really, who wants a 5 foot tall "mermaid" hanging on their wall.

12-24 inches would look much more suitable.

[edit on 7/17/06 by redmage]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Especially ones that doesn't smell. Come on, even latex smells. What is this mermaid made of?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A few things i noticed. With all those teeth, how could it eat?

Why would it need a nasal cavitay like that?

Why do the eyes seems like they have no depth. Kind of like a teddy bear's eyes?

[edit on 17-7-2006 by scoobdude]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's a really good monster prop I gotta say, but a fake nonetheless. One way you can tell is that there's no holes for it to go to the bathroom.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I noticed he charges 200 dollars for shipping anywhere in the world. Hmmm... dead fish aren't allowed overseas are they? Imagine if custom agents opened up your package and found a 'real' 5 foot mermaid with a hole in the back of her head for 'hanging' on the wall.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ok that's really wierd but yea I think it could be real.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Oh geez... you think its a fake? I dunno..... good god you guys.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kklover
Ok that's really wierd but yea I think it could be real.

Are you serious? Did you actually read any of the other posts?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I found a new one we haven't seen before - again on one of his long walks. OMG, I SO want to get this one. Look at its little teeth...

Wandering the lonely shores of secluded beaches, I have often found the mortal remains of these creatures. In life, they swim below the surface and rarely rise from the crushing deep, but upon death, the merciless storms cast their bodies up from the dark waters to deposit them on the white sand. I know the distant coves where the currents bring them, and I gather their remains with the hope of preserving them, honoring them, and showing humanity that we are not the only intelligent species on this beautiful planet.

I like this guy. He has poetry in his soul, even though his perception of 'reality' is a little warped.

Little Mermaid

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I found a new one we haven't seen before - again on one of his long walks. OMG, I SO want to get this one. Look at its little teeth...

I don't know - the detail is amazing, and it's quite the "coffee table" object, but I don't know if I want it in my home...

I like this guy. He has poetry in his soul, even though his perception of 'reality' is a little warped.

A bit of a drama queen with an over-active imagination if you ask me...But then you didn't ask me...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join