It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most incredible UFO video ever recorded?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill

Originally posted by masterp
To me it seems like a drop of dirt on the camera. The reasons are:

1) the object is not illuminated by sun light.

2) its color is brown.

3) after the initial 'movement' (which is not movement at all, it is just the camer that is moving), the object sits there doing nothing.

I really want to agree with you. Your last point is very interesting, but do we really can conclude that is the camera moving and not the object itself?

Im watching it over and over again, it seems the object has its own movement.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by JackHill]
i agree with masterp, the object doesnt seem to move. Notice how the background (earth) moves along with the movement of the object.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by errorist]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I found this on STS-48.

Here is an analysis of the STS-48 footage by Dr. Jack Kasher.

A SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS OF THE VIDEOTAPE TAKEN BY SPACE SHUTTLE DISCOVERY ON SHUTTLE FLIGHT STS-48

And here is another one by Lan Fleming.

New Frontiers in Science PDF file

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Agreed. It's some kind of water or pee droplet on the window. They never figured out how to make the bathrooms work right in zero-G

This is what it looks like when water is dumped from the Atlantis shuttle:

The water vaporizes as it enters space. It travels in the direction it has been discharged, it can't turn into a droplet, can't take off for a spin, change direction and halt right in front of the camera. That's not proper physics.

The only way that could be a water droplet is inside the craft, but then it would wobble, since it is not stable in form, be somewhat transparent and of course continue moving. That is proper physics.

No, I'm afraid that the water droplet theory is not scientifically sound.

So what is left for debunkers to explain it all as a non-UFOish event?

Well, someone mentioned that the object was kind of brown. Maybe the astronauts were having one of those boring days at work. One crammed a ping pong ball up his ass, then pushed it out. Someone used a hairdryer (I suppose that's part of the astronaut standard equipment) to make the ball change course, then somehow it stabilized in mid-air (I haven't figured that part out yet, I'll sleep on it).

Unless NASA can give more specific info on what that is and how it came to be, I cannot reasonably do other than classify this footage as 'unexplained'.
We're now 2009, 18 years after the incident, 3 years after this thread was posted. Sadly, those 'unexplained' incidents pile up, the UFO movement is still sectarian, and I suppose we'll continue to pile one 'case unsolved' report on top of another, until one day they all fall down and kill someone. Then perhaps, society will take a real good look at what's going on.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join