It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most incredible UFO video ever recorded?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is bellony! Firstly it apears too small to be a craft piloted by ET. Secondly it's probably just one of nasa's instruments they filmed and released to the public to see how guillable people on earth really are in believing that it's a ufo!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Elimaku]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elimaku
This is bellony! Firstly it apears too small to be a craft piloted by ET. Secondly it's probably just one of nasa's instruments they filmed and released to the public to see how guillable people on earth really are in believing that it's a ufo!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Elimaku]

Incredible NASA instrument... it moves much more freely that any rocket based spaceship.

And who is talking about it's piloted?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
To me it seems like a drop of dirt on the camera. The reasons are:

1) the object is not illuminated by sun light.

2) its color is brown.

3) after the initial 'movement' (which is not movement at all, it is just the camer that is moving), the object sits there doing nothing.

I really want to agree with you. Your last point is very interesting, but do we really can conclude that is the camera moving and not the object itself?

Im watching it over and over again, it seems the object has its own movement.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by JackHill]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think the STS - 51 footage is best because it actually shows the object change color and become visible and also it changes its direction abruptly.

But clearly both Video's show UFOs and not dust on the camera lens.

Compare those two video's with the object seen on STS - 106.

www.projectprove.com...

[edit on 18-7-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So, what's going on here?

"This critical part of NASA's Mission is to inspire the next generation of explorers so that our work can go on. This educational mandate is an imperative"

Educate us how? Hiding things? Yes... hiding... because I can't find any (rational) explanation about this event. They just ignore those footages and moves on. Exploration?

"The NASA Vision
To improve life here,
To extend life to there,
To find life beyond"

There's no conspiracies... we're all stupids and are seeing ice particles on those videos.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill
Whatever is the object on this footage, alien, human, it indicates that "somebody" has enough technology to put this class of things on space making so incredible maneuvers... whatever it is... it's far awar from rocket technology.

I'm inclined to agree. Simply put, the physics of space are a lot different than throwing a ball up into the air here on earth. In order for something to stop, then start again in space require some kind of enacting force. It's moving down can be explained by gravity, but what stops it? What causes it to take-off again?

The problem being a human thing is that the "probe" seems to move much more easily that any "known" thing that the human being has ever put into space. And this footage has at least 15 years...

An idea shape for a probe would be round in nature. A kind of "omni-scanning" from all directions.

So I face 2 probabilities:

-Alien lifeform/spaceship.
-Human spaceship (so, technology being retained - public space program, a charade)

And well, about the skeptic, such guys, when the evidence is so incredible, as always, they only can say what it's not... science curiosity, anybody?

I do think it's human-tech and our government (or others) aren't telling us all about the remote-controlled ball-thingies they have in orbit. Perhaps for good reason. My issue with aliens, extra-terrestrial probes and the like, is that they'd sent something detectible then not approach us with some form of communication. Lack of information inspires fear and paranioa, not a greater universal peace.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I do think it's human-tech and our government (or others) aren't telling us all about the remote-controlled ball-thingies they have in orbit. Perhaps for good reason. My issue with aliens, extra-terrestrial probes and the like, is that they'd sent something detectible then not approach us with some form of communication. Lack of information inspires fear and paranioa, not a greater universal peace.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by saint4God]

Could be, but when I see that thing moving out there, I can't explain myself how it can do it. It's not conventional in any way, and "seems" to be small. What kind of propulsion system you can put inside it? If it's militar in nature, how could they go so far away in such technologies? And the other thing: Why the military is going to put it flying so close to a relative public camera?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Could be, but when I see that thing moving out there, I can't explain myself how it can do it.

Neither can I.

It's not conventional in any way, and "seems" to be small. What kind of propulsion system you can put inside it?

Not rocket or ion, from what I understand...which isn't a great deal when it comes to rocket science.

If it's militar in nature, how could they go so far away in such technologies?

We had the stealth fighter for 20 years before it went public. Maybe they'll clue us in in 20 years?

And the other thing: Why the military is going to put it flying so close to a relative public camera?

The only explanation I have is "oops!". The military isn't directly linked to NASA, but we have seen correspondence between the two in the past.

These are great questions and am curious to hear if others have answers too.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Its certainly intresting! I dont consider myself gullible but....
While I dont beleive 'manned' ufos visit us, I could possibly beleive some near (nearest star) advanced civilisation may be capable of sending remote probes, perhaps extremely more advanced than our mars rover?
might such a possibility account for most unexplained sightingson earth aswell?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Torn]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
While this footage *could* be real i have to remind everyone of that it only takes one evening and loads of fun behind your computer to make a couple of shots like this. Seriously, you can make the next Star Wars movie on your home PC, no biggie...how anyone can accept any video/image as proof is beyond my understanding.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
tomra This video (and most of the STS-XX posted in this thread) are directly from NASA. Are you saying that NASA faked the video to make it something they can't explain?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
tomra This video (and most of the STS-XX posted in this thread) are directly from NASA. Are you saying that NASA faked the video to make it something they can't explain?

Actually my comment was ment more in a general fashion as i see how the technical aspects of footage like this quickly becomes a subject of discussion. Obviously, most people on this board knows how easy it is to fake stuff like this which brings us into a point were footage has to be seen in a context, like...footage + multiple sources = credibility?! Footage alone is not enough even as interesting as it might look, just my humble opinion.

If NASA fakes stuff like this? I have no clue but it sure would be a dirt cheap way of aquiring "credibility", like...let´s comp together a couple of cool looking movies (only takes one trusted person and a small comp setup), leak it, claim it´s our footage, it´s real and we can´t explain any of it = credibility (we don´t lie).

Anyway, the last paragraph there is just speculation/thought experiment, i don´t know how the NASA pipeline works in this regard. Isn´t it true that they have a fairly large photo retouch deparment?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra

If NASA fakes stuff like this? I have no clue but it sure would be a dirt cheap way of aquiring "credibility", like...let´s comp together a couple of cool looking movies (only takes one trusted person and a small comp setup), leak it, claim it´s our footage, it´s real and we can´t explain any of it = credibility (we don´t lie).

That is too complicated... even for any conspiracy believer. I don't agree.

Oberg saw the UFO when he
was in the mission control room when the shuttle was on the NIGHTSIDE
of the earth. Quoting his third paragraph of his letter:

"Last but not least is a page from my personal log written during the
STS-37 mission last April, when I was in the Mission Control Center for
the deploy of the GRO science satellite. While watching a long stretch
of nightside video I saw a bright ovoid image cross the screen from
left to right. Although I was sure there was a rational explanation it
was an impressive apparition. I personally never thought it was an
alien spacecraft but you are welcome to follow up on it. And I'm
presuming you have been taping the NASA Select video since STS-48."

Source (cited before): www.virtuallystrange.net...

So well, we have a direct observation, I don't see too much room to "editing" the video so they can put that "CGI" thing floating over there. Oberg observation was in the nightside, this video correspond to the same mission but in the daylight side of the earth. But the description about an "ovoid image" seems to match this clip. He's not saying "a spot", for example.

Anyway, I still wanna know how this clip was obtained in the first place. If the source captured the footage "live", then I don't see, again, so much room to edition (whatever NASA motive could be).

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here we have another version:

www.virtuallystrange.net...

Leigh, which 'STS-51' video are you referring to? If it's the clip at:

www.artbell.com...

you'll notice there's an EVA crewman on an MMU, docking to a PAM
comsat, which occurred on STS 51-A, a wholly different mission
from STS-51.

If this is the one, the blob looks similar to one on STS-37 that
was examined in 1993 and found to be a droplet on the inside of
the overhead window, as viewed by a hand-held 16-mm camera.

Jim Oberg

STS-51A was "identified" then like a "(water?) droplet on the inside of
the overhead window". Could be?

Edit: Seeing it again and again... to strange, and I don't see any transparency expected from a water droplet. And the movement itself. Any photo expert over there?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by JackHill]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Re-reading this, I find it curious our witness stated he saw an "apparition". Do you think he meant definition a?:

Main Entry: ap·pa·ri·tion
Pronunciation: "a-p&-'ri-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English apparicioun, from Anglo-French aparicion, from Late Latin apparition-, apparitio appearance, from Latin apparEre
1 a : an unusual or unexpected sight : PHENOMENON

or definition b?:

b : a ghostly figure

Curious word used #2 is "image". The most challenging part with well educated people such as astronauts is getting the right color of the word they're using
. Blasted formal education system!
If we had someone from the countryside who knew no formal education up there, I'm sure s/he's say, "I saw a ghost!" or "I saw this rock-ball thing" making it much clearer

Back to the topic, are we looking at a solid object?

[edit on 20-7-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra

That is too complicated... even for any conspiracy believer. I don't agree.

You are probably right but then again we (humans) have a nasty record of making things too complicated too while the reality proves to be really simple and perfectly logical.

Regarding the CGI part, i´m just pointing out that whatever visual media is presented to you *can* be fake simply because it´s so easy to achieve incredible things with little resources. You no longer have to hire ILM to get things done. That said, it completly depends on what is beeing presented, are the video showing the conflict in Israel fake? No, but it technically could have been although it would take large resources (ILM could do it) to produce and besides there are numerous witnesses/credible sources to confirm what is going on and so forth it´s as real as it gets.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
has anyone thought of the possibillity of an alien/human probe? if the millitary were to develope something as fast and small as that, i would not need to tell you the advantage they would have.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Collective
has anyone thought of the possibillity of an alien/human probe? if the millitary were to develope something as fast and small as that, i would not need to tell you the advantage they would have.

Totally agree. But we have to refute the theory that as in STS-51A video, it "could" be a droplet on lens.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I found lot of those NASA UFO's in one place.

Secret NASA Transmissions

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Agreed. It's some kind of water or pee droplet on the window. They never figured out how to make the bathrooms work right in zero-G and the Shuttles all smell like an unflushed toilet.

Another reason why mankind is stuck on this planet, and the only way we'll explore the galaxy is via our intelligent robot offspring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join